• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ICC T20 World Cup

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Anyone planning on watching the cricket T20 World Cup?

I'm currently watching Namibia v Sri Lanka and will probably watch UAE v Netherlands tonight. I kind of like watching the lesser known cricketing nations play. Namibia are giving Sri Lanka a run for their money, it would be a good scalp for them if they can win.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Never watched the sport. Don't know much about it.

I grew up playing and watching it. Cricket in the summer, rugby league in the winter. Ironically both are having their respective world cups at the same time. The cricket here in Australia and the footy is on in England. I'll be stuck in front of the TV.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I'll see a little, as our closest friends are cricket tragics in the true sense of the word, and are currently billeting an international player.

But I won't sit down and watch it alone.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I'll see a little, as our closest friends are cricket tragics in the true sense of the word, and are currently billeting an international player.

But I won't sit down and watch it alone.

I would probably only watch the highlights and maybe the final but with the Mrs away there's not much else to do.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I would probably only watch the highlights and maybe the final but with the Mrs away there's not much else to do.

Heh, my wife went away for a week lately with our 12 year old, I took a bunch of days off work, and I still had HEAPS to do.

(The teen and the toddler who remained home with me were certainly part of the reason for that...)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I'm currently watching Namibia v Sri Lanka and will probably watch UAE v Netherlands tonight. I kind of like watching the lesser known cricketing nations play. Namibia are giving Sri Lanka a run for their money, it would be a good scalp for them if they can win.

Watching paint dry is more entertaining. However it is one up on golf :D.

P.s. the only team game that interests me is rugby. And i guess you can call F1 a team game

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Heh, my wife went away for a week lately with our 12 year old, I took a bunch of days off work, and I still had HEAPS to do.

(The teen and the toddler who remained home with me were certainly part of the reason for that...)

Mine is away for months, over in America helping a family member who has dementia and was abandoned by her scumbag partner. Waiting to get her into permanent care before she can come home.

RestlessSoul

T20 basically is highlights, isn't it?

Might have a couple of bets this week. Wouldn't be a huge surprise to see England struggle against Afghanistan next Saturday. Kiwis to beat Oz I think.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
T20 basically is highlights, isn't it?

Might have a couple of bets this week. Wouldn't be a huge surprise to see England struggle against Afghanistan next Saturday. Kiwis to beat Oz I think.

I'll be hoping for upset 1 but not 2.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Mine is away for months, over in America helping a family member who has dementia and was abandoned by her scumbag partner. Waiting to get her into permanent care before she can come home.

That's rough. I hope she has success and gets home soon, mate.

Altfish

Veteran Member

I'll watch bits of it. Not a fan of the short overs game, give me Test Matches all day long.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I haven't watched cricket since I was a child and only then because my dad watched (he has a mental condition where he has to watch any sport if it is on telly). I've still never worked out the rules.

What does the T20 bit mean?

RestlessSoul

I haven't watched cricket since I was a child and only then because my dad watched (he has a mental condition where he has to watch any sport if it is on telly). I've still never worked out the rules.

What does the T20 bit mean?

Twenty-twenty, ie 20 overs each. Traditionally, the one-day game was limited to 50 overs, but the shorter version encourages a more dynamic, aggressive approach from the batsmen.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I do not watch the whole of any match. For me just the scores on ESPN Cricinfo are enough. And I follow the matches of the full members and not the associate members. Afghanistan is now among the full members.

As far as the Indian team goes, We are at the top of ICC T20 table. But our batting is many times brittle and pace component deficient (with or without out the spearhead Bumrah), but as a group they somehow manage. Let us see what they can do in Australia. They have their first match on 23rd against their arch rivals Pakistan.

@Altfish , is not all cricket a lottery? Needs just one ball to get out and just one ball to win. :D

Last edited: