• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I would rather be dead.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
:D

What I would like to discuss here is the sharing of your Faith.

How would you feel if you could not talk about your Faith?

How do you feel when you can not have in depth discussions about your Faith?

My answer to those 2 questions is the OP, it is also the same answer if an attempt was made to force one to change their Faith.

I know many here are passionate about faith, but hold back on deep discussion. I find that as soul destroying.

Personally I would long for death if I could not have conversations about Faith and I actually feel dead if I can not. One saving grace is one can live Faith, which in silence feeds the soul.

Who else would like to talk about Faith, without the threat of proselytizing?

Here we can discuss, if you wish, the deeper aspects of faith.

All one has to do is say, This is the way I see that aspect of Faith and it is supported by (insert quote) :D:)

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I don't feel any need to talk about my faith at all, except with some other members of my faith, cause there will be mutual understanding, not a peeing contest or senseless talking past each other in mock debate. Silence is golden.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
:D

What I would like to discuss here is the sharing of your Faith.

How would you feel if you could not talk about your Faith?

How do you feel when you can not have in depth discussions about your Faith?

My answer to those 2 questions is the OP, it is also the same answer if an attempt was made to force one to change their Faith.

I know many here are passionate about faith, but hold back on deep discussion. I find that as soul destroying.

Personally I would long for death if I could not have conversations about Faith and I actually feel dead if I can not. One saving grace is one can live Faith, which in silence feeds the soul.

Who else would like to talk about Faith, without the threat of proselytizing?

Here we can discuss, if you wish, the deeper aspects of faith.

All one has to do is say, This is the way I see that aspect of Faith and it is supported by (insert quote) :D:)

Regards Tony

Faith is trust in God. respecting God enough to have faith in God.
A position of moral righteousness. From the perspective of a seeker of God. Having faith in God is an admirable quality among the religious community.

Among atheists, faith is not an admirable quality to have. It's a position of admitting ignorance. Having been both, it is an interesting perspective on two almost opposing views of one idea.

No common ground between believer and non-believer on the subject of faith?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't feel any need to talk about my faith at all, except with some other members of my faith, cause there will be mutual understanding, not a peeing contest or senseless talking past each other in mock debate. Silence is golden.

That is great, could you say you have found solice, or fulfillment in the fewness of words and abundance of deeds?

I see life pointing me this way, but I still see we need to invigorate and stimulate mind, thus it could be ones meditative self that can fulfil this?

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
That is great, could you say you have found solice, or fulfillment in the fewness of words and abundance of deeds?

I see life pointing me this way, but I still see we need to invigorate and stimulate mind, thus it could be ones meditative self that can fulfil this?

Regards Tony

Who is to say meditation and reflection, and observation isn't invigorating? I find argument and debate anything but invigorating. Usually it's a downer in fact ... a depressant.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Faith is trust in God. respecting God enough to have faith in God.
A position of moral righteousness. From the perspective of a seeker of God. Having faith in God is an admirable quality among the religious community.

Among atheists, faith is not an admirable quality to have. It's a position of admitting ignorance. Having been both, it is an interesting perspective on two almost opposing views of one idea.

No common ground between believer and non-believer on the subject of faith?

Do you think Faith needs to be based in moral righteousness? I see it may be based in the opposite, as one has acknowledge their ignorance and learn from scratch.

Of course, with this we do not talk about our physical senses. We would be talking about what motivates the good withim us.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Who is to say meditation and reflection, and observation isn't invigorating? I find argument and debate anything but invigorating. Usually it's a downer in fact ... a depressant.

I do not know who would say that about meditation and reflection, I find it always positive.

I agree with your post.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Indeed. It's what has taught me to be quiet about my faith.

Personally I have found that this is like putting a dam on a great river and not providing a floodgate or spillway.

Sooner or later, it will burst. :)

Thus I guess it is the provision of a floodgate and spillway is the metephor for sharing Faith. Both work at the right time.

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Personally I have found that this is like putting a dam on a great river and not providing a floodgate or spillway.

Sooner or later, it will burst. :)

Thus I guess it is the provision of a floodgate and spillway is the metephor for sharing Faith. Both work at the right time.

Regards Tony
I hope you're not projecting your need to proselytise onto everyone else. I think it's clear here on this forum that lots of folks see no need to 'share' personal beliefs. Self-restraint is a virtue.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thus the anology of flowing water has already been raised. This can have many spiritual understandings, this would open the door to some great spiritual discussions.

Stillness and motion are part of this existence, thus what directs our stillness and what directs motion? Are we like a river and can we become like a stagnated pond?

Regards Tony

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Do you think Faith needs to be based in moral righteousness? I see it may be based in the opposite, as one has acknowledge their ignorance and learn from scratch.

I just mean perception wise. Society admires a man of faith. It's kind of a moral thing but more the perception of faith being a good quality to have.

Of course, with this we do not talk about our physical senses. We would be talking about what motivates the good withim us.
Regards Tony

Hmmm... What motivates goodness? Faith motivates goodness? Um, sure I can see that. A believer is motivated towards goodness by his faith in God. Doesn't always work, but does create the desire to be good. Good being obedient to God's requirements?

My faithless self, no desire to be good, no desire to be bad. No rules of divine origin to fail at.

Does faith and guilt perhaps go hand in hand?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
My faith is hard to articulate, but nevertheless personal. I test the waters sometimes, but mostly i keep it to myself.

If I share my faith, Chances are it is Not going to be understood for what it is.

My opinion is that most people are too caught up in their axes to grind to give something patience enough to understand it in actuality.

When someone has the gift of understanding they lend their ears with compassion.

RF is an interesting bombardment of ideas. Its a numbers game where eventually you find the right people to talk to amidst the majority of axe grinders.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My faith is hard to articulate, but nevertheless personal. I test the waters sometimes, but mostly i keep it to myself.

If I share my faith, Chances are it is Not going to be understood for what it is.

My opinion is that most people are too caught up in their axes to grind to give something patience enough to understand it in actuality.

When someone has the gift of understanding they lend their ears with compassion.

RF is an interesting bombardment of ideas. Its a numbers game where eventually you find the right people to talk to amidst the majority of axe grinders.

How do you see your faith helping others? Could we assume, as you do mot share, it is by Good deeds only?

I see faith as bigger than ones own self.

Regards Tony

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
How do you see your faith helping others? Could we assume, as you do mot share, it is by Good deeds only?

I see faith as bigger than ones own self.

Regards Tony

Actions reveal character. So i try to act upon the things i believe in. I can share my faith far better through my actions then my words.

Words only go so far. But a good word can be like medicine. Conversation is an art form.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think another important subject is that of the ownership of ideas.

In Faith, when one has volumes of writings available from either a Prophet, Messenger or Manifestation and then one studies those writings and they adopt those principles enshrined within, I see it would be hypocritical to post those ideas as your own without always referencing the source.

Regards Tony

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

If that’s the case then wouldn’t you only be posting on DIR?