• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I would carry your burden

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Never have I ever cared about a person so much
To the extent I would exchange myself for you
If I was going to paradise for sure
And you going to hell to for sure
The thought of you burning worries me
I would carry your burden
Without a hesitation
And almost don't want hell to exist because of you
But I reasoned too much
And know retribution and justice can't be denied by whims
And that I know God is truthful
And reason testifies
That no soul can burden a soul of another
If I can save you now
I would too
But I can't even guide myself
And haven't taken care of my own soul
To let alone preach to you
Had I acted on my knowledge
I would be in a better position to preach
But my words of advice would be sheer hypocrisy
And only draw you away from the truth
As such I remain silent
Till a time if I can save you
I will try
God knows I will plan and try

Last edited:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
Part of what made me question and leave Christianity was hell. There were a lot more reasons but that was just one. So I get the feeling tho you are a Muslim not a christian

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Part of what made me question and leave Christianity was hell. There were a lot more reasons but that was just one. So I get the feeling tho you are a Muslim not a christian

Yeah I left Islam for five years mainly on this notion.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In Three years I will try if and only if I acted on my knowledge and am fit to advice/preach.

This is because any wisdom advice while I don't act on my wisdom, will only draw her further away.

FredVB

I think there is hell as originally taught, yet people have interpreted it with horrid torture they imagine there must be, as burning forever, from imagery that was used, when it was really about God's absolutely fairness in judgment, which any of us going there would really not want and would be unhappy with. It would be without God's grace which has been offered, and what is really deserved, when the right things we do are what we should be doing, and someone doing a lot of right things and a lot of wrong things is not balancing out the wrong with the right. The right we do is what we should always do all the time, and does not cancel out the wrong we do. The wrong we do is not paid for that way, and God's fairness will not be compromised and goes where courts of law cannot ever go, counting everything. We would really be unhappy with that justice, even while torture is not involved in it, and God offered grace to us with how we can be delivered from that.