• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I wonder.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, I am confident that all religious beliefs are equal. There is none better than the other. And for that reason, they deserve the same amount of respect.

Ciao

- viole
But isn't it ontology everyone argues over, rather than utility?
The question is: Which is more True.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Why are people so "obsessed" about telling other people that their belief in a God or a Buddha, or any other deity is wrong?
(a) because they really believe they are right and (b) because of ego.
Who is it that deside someone is wrong in their belief?
Only God knows the truth about religion because God establishes religions through Messengers.
We can believe we know the truth, but we cannot really know for sure, at least not in this life.
I am sitting here thinking, Ok i believe in the sufi teaching, and Allah tells me it is right path for me to be on (through the teaching) But who the heck am i to tell a Christian, Jew, Baha`i , Buddhist, Hindu, Atheist or any other form of a belief in something or nothing, that they are wrong :confused:
I do not think people should tell other people that they are wrong about what they believe although I think it is okay to explain why we think we are right about what we believe.
Should not each person be the best version of them self? No matter their belief in any religion, or no religion at all?
Yes, I think that is what we should strive to be.
I am sure i am not more or less right in my belief than any other person, but isnt it freedom to believe in any Deity or no deity at all that you want?
For me it is not about what religion suits my personality and lifestyle, or what I like, it is about what I believe is true. I could not believe in a religion and dedicate myself to it if I did not believe it was the religion God wanted me to follow However, I think everyone should be free to believe what they want to or not believe in God at all. It is not my place to tell others what to believe. That should be their choice and that is one reason we have free will.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
A question that more and more often come back to me when i sitting and thinking about life is.

Why are people so "obsessed" about telling other people that their belief in a God or a Buddha, or any other deity is wrong? Who is it that deside someone is wrong in their belief?
It is non of my business to even ask this question, so this is why i put it in Journal section.

I am sitting here thinking, Ok i believe in the sufi teaching, and Allah tells me it is right path for me to be on (through the teaching) But who the heck am i to tell a Christian, Jew, Baha`i , Buddhist, Hindu, Atheist or any other form of a belief in something or nothing, that they are wrong :confused: What do i do the last day of my life and i get to know all my life i been accusing others for being wrong, then it turn out I was the one who was wrong :confused: How imbarrasing isnt that gonna be :oops:

Actually, i should know the answer to this questions (i dont know it) because i used to be one who accued others of being wrong in their religious belief. And to this day i dont understand why i did it.

Should not each person be the best version of them self? No matter their belief in any religion, or no religion at all?

I am sure i am not more or less right in my belief than any other person, but isnt it freedom to believe in any Deity or no deity at all that you want?

For some faiths, it is at the core of their teaching to point out how others are wrong. When a person is indoctrinated that way, they have little choice.