• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I witnessed disability abuse back in 1985.

Jonathan Bailey

My mother had a Hispanic friend in Novato, CA. This was the summer of '85.

I was bar buddies with the Hispanic woman's 24-year-old son at the time. I was 21.

The woman had a mentally-retarded man in her house she cared for.
He was supposedly also deaf and blind.

Her son, the fellow I was befriending at the time, had a little boy about kindergarten age, and the son and the grandson both lived at the mother's house. He was a single dad.

The little boy would scream right in the grandmother's cat's ear and the father told him to do that actually.
Both the father and the little boy thought it funny to pester an animal like that.

Another time while visiting, the retarded man was lying on the living room floor acting like a child. This grown man would habitually lie on the floor. The little boy would actually kick the man in the head repeatedly and the father would laugh about it. I was sickened by this.

I never thought to tell my mother about these things, trying to mind my own business, but it wasn't long before my mother broke off with the Hispanic woman and that I broke off friendship with the lousy father.

I would have gotten my bottom beat badly if my father caught me acting that way toward the retarded man.

The point of the thread is that it really is your business to report abusive behavior toward people and animals alike to some person you trust. The father was poor parent for showing a reckless lack of disciplinary action toward the little son who was a complete brat. The father was always strict about having his little boy buckle his seatbelt in the car though.

My mother once told me that the woman was a "dreadful (female dog)" and it appears to be like mother like son in this case.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
My mother had a Hispanic friend in Novato, CA. This was the summer of '85.

I was bar buddies with the Hispanic woman's 24-year-old son at the time. I was 21.

The woman had a mentally-retarded man in her house she cared for.
He was supposedly also deaf and blind.

Her son, the fellow I was befriending at the time, had a little boy about kindergarten age, and the son and the grandson both lived at the mother's house. He was a single dad.

The little boy would scream right in the grandmother's cat's ear and the father told him to do that actually.
Both the father and the little boy thought it funny to pester an animal like that.

Another time while visiting, the retarded man was lying on the living room floor acting like a child. This grown man would habitually lie on the floor. The little boy would actually kick the man in the head repeatedly and the father would laugh about it. I was sickened by this.

I never thought to tell my mother about these things, trying to mind my own business, but it wasn't long before my mother broke off with the Hispanic woman and that I broke off friendship with the lousy father.

I would have gotten my bottom beat badly if my father caught me acting that way toward the retarded man.

The point of the thread is that it really is your business to report abusive behavior toward people and animals alike to some person you trust. The father was poor parent for showing a reckless lack of disciplinary action toward the little son who was a complete brat. The father was always strict about having his little boy buckle his seatbelt in the car though.

My mother once told me that the woman was a "dreadful (female dog)" and it appears to be like mother like son in this case.

I am sad to tell you this, but I think that you need it.... OK?
Look..... you were 21 years old.
And all that you did was 'try and mind my own business'.

Sometimes we just have to stand up for what we believe in, or report, or act, or speak out........

Jonathan...... your OP says that you did nothing.