• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I will harden Pharoahs heart (and punish all of egypt for it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does that help the dead family?

Technically, there were times when Egypt was in charge of the territory thought of as Israel. Lots of countries owned that land other than Israel, who, with God on their side, couldn't keep a country for very long.

Giving them a hug after they die is not really saving them.

It's like throwing a person a roll of paper towels after a hurricane....

So, what was the point of Jesus if God is just going to ignore him and do what He wants (death and destruction) anyway?

I feel guilty killing Sims. They're not even real.

I mean, anime characters like Sailor Moon and Sora from Kingdom Hearts can pull this off. Why not God? Wave your little heart wand and they go from frowny to happy. :)

The biggest lie of Christianity is that it transforms your soul. Clearly it can't, because God apparently can't change anyone.

It's not much of a prophecy. We tend to ignore the political realities of the area. If you have a would-be empire gobbling up cities, you'll have some "wise guy" say "hey, guys, check this out: we are about to be gobbled up." It's not a prophecy. It's called observing the obvious.

God told me He didn't say half of what's in the bible. Men wrote it. It turns out, yes, men wrote it. The biblical authors are the biggest liars of the entire story. There is hardly any claim in the bible which can't be contradicted within the bible and in history. The fact is, the Canaanite pantheon, where we get Yahweh and El anyway, had deities who were complete villains, even if they were the "good guys". In the ancient world, being a "hero" wasn't about being moral, but being super epic talented or something. Think of the horrible person Samson is. He is a good example of an ancient hero: has epic powers, but is a total screw-up. No one in their right mind would follow him. It is only later as religions aged that gods could be "benevolent". Most of the time, they just did what they felt like doing and screw the rest of us.

Some people realize He is saving them from the house He Himself set on fire.

This was not the original historical way of thinking about the biblical deities. You have to go to some over-thinking Greek to come up with ideal forms and that concept is just stupid and baseless.

If God can't handle constructive criticism, maybe He needs to find a new job. This is like saying the CEO isn't at fault for hiring corrupt and lazy employees.

Then why trust the bible, written by depraved people?

I bought a table once, which was almost ready to get put together, but several key parts were missing. It was in the trash the next day. Should I blame the table or the idiot who packaged it?

Does Heaven have a quota? Is there a capacity limit?

The plan is kind of stupid. Anyone with an IQ over 50 can come up with better plans.

Funny thing, 'cause Jesus ALSO said that even sinners love those who love them in return and that we should love our enemies.

So, paradise isn't based on anything but the shallowest of possible actions. You don't go to heaven because of morality, but your skill in sucking up. Ick. I'd rather go to hell.

If you update the advice of John the Baptist, you get "don't say 'we are saved by Jesus', because Jesus can save rocks".

And the apostles fought over who got to sit next to Jesus on his throne, like they deserved the honor just for being the first 12 guys he picked up.

Reciting some sort of mumbo jumbo about belief, which is about as petty as you can get, is still payment.

Belief doesn't make you a saint. Being right can make you one, and you're not.

My God is more mature than a typical 3 year old.

He should pencil you in for a class in humility.

A God who values butt-kissing isn't worth worshiping.

But you're sure Bob is damned. Did God delegate the task of salvation to you? Did you find the Naughty List in Santa's desk drawer?

There is only one afterlife and it's Heaven. Evil people would enjoy Hell, so they go to heaven, where all that disgusting "morality" will make them want to puke for eternity. :p

That would make Calvin an idolator. GOD should be the greatest authority, not some book written by depraved people.

God already tried global genocide and couldn't even wash sin out of existence with THAT. I don't think He knows how to empty His recycle bin on His laptop. The virus just keeps spreading and He's not smart enough to crash the entire drive and start over.
God has already dealt with the problem of sin, He sent His Son to pay for all the sins of His elect people. So He has chosen to save certain people, who will believe in His Son and receive forgiveness for their sins and inherit eternal paradise.
They will receive all the riches of the entire universe, the streets will be pure gold and doors will have rubies for handles.

It's amazing that people like you reject the free offer of eternal life in paradise and swap it for eternal torment in hell fire. If only you could see how dumb that decision actually is, it means you are totally mad. Who in their right mind would reject a free offer of paradise and choose to burn in hell forever WOOOOOWWWW!!!!! man that's really crazy!!!!

Faithofchristian

How do you unbelievers deal with evidence that proves a young earth and that dinosaurs and only a few thousand years old?????????????????????

How do you unbelievers deal with the Earth not being 6000 yrs old.
Give just one verse in all the bible, that says, the Earth is only 6000 yrs old,
You say the Earth is only 6000 yrs old, then give the book and chapter and verses that proves the Earth, as being only 6000 yrs old.
Where is that written at in the bible.

Show just one verse in Genesis where God created these large animals.( Dinosaur's)
Where is that written at ?

Show in what book and chapter and verses in all the bible that will say the Earth is only 6000 years old.
Where is that written at.

Why do you unbelievers listen to reprobate man's teachings.

Faithofchristian

God has already dealt with the problem of sin, He sent His Son to pay for all the sins of His elect people. So He has chosen to save certain people, who will believe in His Son and receive forgiveness for their sins and inherit eternal paradise.
They will receive all the riches of the entire universe, the streets will be pure gold and doors will have rubies for handles.

It's amazing that people like you reject the free offer of eternal life in paradise and swap it for eternal torment in hell fire. If only you could see how dumb that decision actually is, it means you are totally mad. Who in their right mind would reject a free offer of paradise and choose to burn in hell forever WOOOOOWWWW!!!!! man that's really crazy!!!!

If you could only see how dumb that is, Why would an all loving God, burn people in hell for eternity.
What kind of God do you worship any how, to burn people in hell for eternity.

Who are you anyway to say who will be in hell or heaven, that is God's Judgment call and not yours to decide where a person goes.
You unbelievers have no idea or clue what your talking about.

Faithofchristian

You have been deceived by the doctrine of Demons. There is no such thing as the beginning, God is eternal He is outside of time and space.

The beginning as described in the Bible was the begging of mankind, God created the stars, planets, earth, man, animals and plants in six days. Before that there were no stars or planets or humans or animals, so your dinosaurs were created with all the other animals and Adam walked with them and named them.

Most dinosaurs died in Noah's flood, some like the Crocodile survived but all of the large land dwellers died off.
Satan and His Demons deceived reprobate scientists into believing in millions of years to stop people believing in Gods Word the Bible. I can see you don't believe in God and you trust in reprobate men.

Gods Word tells us that God is about to destroy the world for the second time, the first time was with water and this time will be with fire. You should believe in God and not reprobate men.

The Demons have been hiding the truth from unbelievers because they want to take as many people as possible to spend eternity burning in hell with them and they are doing a brilliant job of it.

You unbelievers have no clue or idea what your talking about.
All you unbelievers do is listen to reprobate man's teachings.

Faithofchristian

You have been deceived by the doctrine of Demons. There is no such thing as the beginning, God is eternal He is outside of time and space.

The beginning as described in the Bible was the begging of mankind, God created the stars, planets, earth, man, animals and plants in six days. Before that there were no stars or planets or humans or animals, so your dinosaurs were created with all the other animals and Adam walked with them and named them.

Most dinosaurs died in Noah's flood, some like the Crocodile survived but all of the large land dwellers died off.
Satan and His Demons deceived reprobate scientists into believing in millions of years to stop people believing in Gods Word the Bible. I can see you don't believe in God and you trust in reprobate men.

Gods Word tells us that God is about to destroy the world for the second time, the first time was with water and this time will be with fire. You should believe in God and not reprobate men.

The Demons have been hiding the truth from unbelievers because they want to take as many people as possible to spend eternity burning in hell with them and they are doing a brilliant job of it.

Dragonslayer said:
... to us intelligent people... We posses the truth... we can't share the truth with those...

You could only wish you were intelligent, you could only wish you had the truth.

Let's see just how intelligent you really are and have the truth as you say you have.

Now in the book of Mark 13.
Jesus foretold what the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is.
And when it will happen
And who can commit it.
You claim to be intelligent, so let's see if you can figure this all out.

The Anointed

I believe that only genuine moronic imbeciles can swallow the lie that everything came form nothing. I find that the greatest insult to us intelligent people, all I can do is pity you poor guys. We posses the truth and when you have the truth it's super bright light exposes every lie and liar.

The problem we have is we can't share the truth with those who are 100% blind and deceived by Demons, only God can open their eyes. Until then they are doomed to remain prisoners of their ignorance.

Who said that everything came from nothing, not this person who you accuse of being a genuine moronic imbecile. I said that the energy which cannot be created and can never be destroyed, in other words, ETERNAL, without beginning or end, has become all that exists.

I think that you should have learned to read before coming onto this forum.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Dude. You're Catholic. You don't have to pay any attention to the Bible. Why does it bother you so much. This post is pretty much directed at me. Can we just skip all that and let me ask you some simple questions. Don't answer them if you don't feel like it. I've argued enough with you.

1. Who is God to you?
2, Does he have a name?
3. What is his personality?
4. Why did he create us?
5. What is our purpose?
6. How do you know any of these answers?
7. What do you want from him?
8. What would you give in return?

I suppose, God to him is not Someone who prescribes rapists to marry their victims or indulges with slavery and genocide.

As a matter of fact, such an Individual should not be your God, either. Unfurtunately, that appears not to be the case.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:
How do you unbelievers deal with the Earth not being 6000 yrs old.
Give just one verse in all the bible, that says, the Earth is only 6000 yrs old,
You say the Earth is only 6000 yrs old, then give the book and chapter and verses that proves the Earth, as being only 6000 yrs old.
Where is that written at in the bible.

Show just one verse in Genesis where God created these large animals.( Dinosaur's)

Show in what book and chapter and verses in all the bible that will say the Earth is only 6000 years old.
Where is that written at.

Why do you unbelievers listen to reprobate man's teachings.
God stopped speaking to mankind 2000 years ago when the world was only 4000 years old. All of the Bible scholars agree with the date that the world was created, every generation from Adam to Jesus is recorded in the Bible so Bible scholars are able to accurately date the earth and mankind because everything was created in six days.

The Canon of scripture was completed when Jesus came and completed His work of saving those who the Father gave Him to save. God has done and said everything He wanted to, so now we are waiting for the return of Christ.

Christ is about to return as a man of war this time, the first time He came as a savior but this time He's coming back to wage the greatest war the world has ever seen. Christ and His army of Angels will kill billions, and cast them into hell to be tormented in fire forever.

Billions will beg for mercy but Christ will show no mercy and all of those who think they are Christians but are not true believers will be cast into hell. Everyone who doesn't believe in the Bible is going to hell, so be very afraid!!!!

Who said that everything came from nothing, not this person who you accuse of being a genuine moronic imbecile. I said that the energy which cannot be created and can never be destroyed, in other words, ETERNAL, without beginning or end, has become all that exists.

I think that you should have learned to read before coming onto this forum.
Only a genuine moronic imbecile could believe that "energy" cannot be created. Who are you to say that energy had to exist eternally and that it wasn't created, that's the same as saying that energy came from noting. In other words something came from nothing so we get back to the same stupid assertion!!!!!

If you could only see how dumb that is, Why would an all loving God, burn people in hell for eternity.
What kind of God do you worship any how, to burn people in hell for eternity.

Who are you anyway to say who will be in hell or heaven, that is God's Judgment call and not yours to decide where a person goes.
You unbelievers have no idea or clue what your talking about.
If you read my post you would read that Jesus is the One who casts sinners to burn in hell forever and I never said that I do. That's God's job and not mine but God told us who is going there so we know that.

There's a whole list in the book of Romans, it clearly states who will be going to hell. You should read the Bible sometime and accusing God of injustice, God has every right to cast sinners into hell to be tormented forever. What's wrong with that, they deserve it so He has every right to do it.

Dragonslayer said:
... to us intelligent people... We posses the truth... we can't share the truth with those...

You could only wish you were intelligent, you could only wish you had the truth.

Let's see just how intelligent you really are and have the truth as you say you have.

Now in the book of Mark 13.
Jesus foretold what the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is.
And when it will happen
And who can commit it.
You claim to be intelligent, so let's see if you can figure this all out.
blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is committed by unbelievers, so the only reason people will be cast into hell to be tormented in flames forever is because they don't know Christ as their savior. So all of those who don't believe will be cast into hell because unbelief is the same as blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

The Anointed

blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is committed by unbelievers, so the only reason people will be cast into hell to be tormented in flames forever is because they don't know Christ as their savior. So all of those who don't believe will be cast into hell because unbelief is the same as blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

If there is a second death, there had to have been a first death. You believe that a persons mind survives the death of the body that is returned to the elements from which it was created, after which it will be no more, gone, finished, Kaput. What then do you believe is the Second death?

Faithofchristian

Maybe than you should let Christ Jesus know that, Seeing Christ Jesus foretold what the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is and who can commit it and when it will happen in Mark 13

Further more Christ Jesus makes no mentioning in Matthew 24, Mark 13,
Luke 21 any thing about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit can only be committed by unbelievers.
As to who told you all of this, you don't get it out of the bible that's for sure.

Where is this written at in what book and chapter and verses in the bible,that only unbelievers can commit the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Just how exactly are unbelievers to commit the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, when they have no idea what the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is.

Can you produce where that is written at in what book and chapter and verses in the bible.that only unbelievers can commit the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Where is that written at.

Why would Jesus forewarned his elect how they can commit the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. If only the unbelievers are the ones who can commit it ?

PruePhillip

Well, actually. Dinosaurs were feathered. A few survive to this day and we call them
birds (technically, birds are called "non-avian dinosaurs")
And where do birds come from? Oddly, Genesis mentions birds specifically - it says
that the seas created life, and out of the seas came birds.
It doesn't speak about dinosaurs, or the Big Bang or nuclear physics - it's a theological
book and it doesn't care much for the natural world.

Shad

Veteran Member
God stopped speaking to mankind 2000 years ago when the world was only 4000 years old. All of the Bible scholars agree with the date that the world was created, every generation from Adam to Jesus is recorded in the Bible so Bible scholars are able to accurately date the earth and mankind because everything was created in six days.

RCC scholars do not. So much for "All".

Faithofchristian

Well, actually. Dinosaurs were feathered. A few survive to this day and we call them
birds (technically, birds are called "non-avian dinosaurs")
And where do birds come from? Oddly, Genesis mentions birds specifically - it says
that the seas created life, and out of the seas came birds.
It doesn't speak about dinosaurs, or the Big Bang or nuclear physics - it's a theological
book and it doesn't care much for the natural world.

I believe you are confused

The Anointed

Only a genuine moronic imbecile could believe that "energy" cannot be created. Who are you to say that energy had to exist eternally and that it wasn't created, that's the same as saying that energy came from noting. In other words something came from nothing so we get back to the same stupid assertion!!!!!

No my little non-thinking companion, it means that God is pure energy having neither beginning or end, and he has become all that exists.

Why don't you try to use your God given brain now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.