• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I will fasting in Ramadan

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I believe that all religions are from God. I believe that no religion has the whole truth, but that truth is found in them all. That's why I want to fast in Ramadan.

Anyone else here fasting in Ramadan?

Starlight

I do fast from time to time (though I have been getting sloppy the past year or so :sweatsmile:), but it's not dependent on the tradition of Ramadan.

Are you going to partake in other traditions from other religions, or is it just Ramadan?
I see. Good thing you're fasting, it's probably good for the soul;)
Im going to partake in traditions from christianity and judaism also

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
It's funny that you should mention this now, because today is the last day of fasting for Baha'is this year. Most Baha'is partake in what's called the "19 Day Fast" that begins on March 1st and ends on March 20th. Ramadan isn't for several months. Maybe if you value all religions equally maybe you should have fasted already this year, huh? :)

And to answer your question, I don't fast. If I don't eat anything for a long time I will literally shake until I do. Not good.

Starlight

It's funny that you should mention this now, because today is the last day of fasting for Baha'is this year. Most Baha'is partake in what's called the "19 Day Fast" that begins on March 1st and ends on March 20th. Ramadan isn't for several months. Maybe if you value all religions equally maybe you should have fasted already this year, huh? :)

And to answer your question, I don't fast. If I don't eat anything for a long time I will literally shake until I do. Not good.
Hehe you do have a good point. Now is also christian fasting. The christians is fasting to easter.

I will not be able to follow all the traditions of all the religions. it is almost impossible

Gargovic Malkav

Hehe you do have a good point. Now is also christian fasting. The christians is fasting to easter.

I will not be able to follow all the traditions of all the religions. it is almost impossible

I think some traditions would also be unappealing to you.
You don't strike me as the kind of person who would sacrifice an animal to show your devotion to God.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
1679504146660.png

I did not know Ramadan was approaching so soon. I thought Ramadan was like August or September. Please excuse my ignorance.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I believe that all religions are from God. I believe that no religion has the whole truth, but that truth is found in them all. That's why I want to fast in Ramadan.

Anyone else here fasting in Ramadan?
Baha'is fast during the Badi month of Ala (loftiness), which runs from March 2nd through the 20th. However I'm 72, technically have diabetes though symptoms haven't surfaced for a while because i lost weight, so I didn't fast. (Baha'is are not required to fast if they are 70 or older)

Truthseeker

I see. Good thing you're fasting, it's probably good for the soul;)
Im going to partake in traditions from christianity and judaism also
You could also do the short obligatory prayer that Baha'is do:

TO BE RECITED ONCE IN TWENTY-FOUR HOURS, AT NOON
I bear witness, O my God, that Thou hast created me to know Thee and to worship Thee. I testify, at this moment, to my powerlessness and to Thy might, to my poverty and to Thy wealth. There is none other God but Thee, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting.
(Compilations, Baha'i Prayers, p. iv)

Technically, noon is anytime between noon and sunset. We also do ablutions before this (just washing of hands and face), but as you are not a Baha'i, that is not necessary for you.

Truthseeker

Ramadan isn't for several months.
I've arrived here late, but Ramadan started not long after the Baha'i fast ended this year. As they are on a lunar calendar, when Ramadan is varies from year to year. i don't recall the exact time when it started.

Truthseeker

View attachment 73635
I did not know Ramadan was approaching so soon. I thought Ramadan was like August or September. Please excuse my ignorance.
That's okay. The month of fasting is still going on for Muslims. They also have a festival called Eid al-Fitr at the end of the fast. We have Naw-Ruz, which is a festival observed by Muslims in Iran, only it is different from what Baha'is do. That festival is not Islamic in origin but originated in Zoroastrianism, which was the religion in Iran before The Muslims conquered Iran, and over the years their numbers dwindled to only a small number of people today. Actually, I think there are more Zoroastrians in western India now, and they are called Parsis. I don't think I've seen any Zoroastrians here. The conductor Zubin Mehta is a Zoroastrian, though.