• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I watched the Sonic the Hedgehog movie

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I watched the new Sonic the Hedgehog movie on Google Play, buying the digital copy for $19.99, and here is my short review:

The movie focuses very much on the origins of Sonic and the teen Sonic who is just starting out, rather than focusing more on Sonic's heroic, fine-tuned talents like the video games. Sonic in this movie doesn't have every last special ability as the video game, which I find disappointing, but it does leave room for later movies. Some scenes are very creative and set up well, but lead to not-so-well-fleshed-out conclusions for having such great set-ups. That being said, this movie is a fun movie that doesn't take itself so seriously that people could not understand the plot as a result. Jim Carrey does one of his best performances as the villain Dr. Robotnik and does a great job, and this movie is packed with banter.

My rating: 7.5/10