• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I wash my hands..

I wash my hands.. I am not guilty of their/the idolatry. LORD God, in The Name of (J)esus Christ, I ask Thee and I thank Thee. Amen.

Moving on...

What The Lord did say.

Matthew 22:38-40 "This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

What The Apostle(s) did say.

Acts 15:27-29 "We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell youthe same things by mouth. 28For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; 29That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well."

What the U.S Constitution did say.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

What God and the U.S Constitution did say.

Romans 13:1 "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."

We the People of the United States...do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

What 'ordain' means.

or·dain
/ôrˈdān/
verb
  1. 1.
    make (someone) a priest or minister; confer holy orders on.
    synonyms: confer holy orders on, appoint, anoint, consecrate, install, invest, induct
    "the Church voted to ordain women"
  2. 2.
    order or decree (something) officially.

What God has said.

Romans 13:1 "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."

Last edited:

Ellen Brown

I wash my hands.. I am not guilty of their/the idolatry. LORD God, in The Name of (J)esus Christ, I ask Thee and I thank Thee. Amen.

Sorry, I missed the drama of this ruction. Why is it that so many of the devout lack the ability to have a simple, non-combative, non-judgmental discussion. You do not need to print your prayers to God, he knows your heart.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

--

On this day in 1776, in his first speech before British Parliament since the leaders of the American Revolution came together to sign of the Declaration of Independence that summer, King George III acknowledges that all was not going well for Britain in the war with the United States.

In his address, the king spoke about the signing of the U.S. Declaration of Independence and the revolutionary leaders who signed it, saying, “for daring and desperate is the spirit of those leaders, whose object has always been dominion and power, that they have now openly renounced all allegiance to the crown, and all political connection with this country.” The king went on to inform Parliament of the successful British victory over General George Washington and the Continental Army at the Battle of Long Island on August 27, 1776, but warned them that, “notwithstanding the fair prospect, it was necessary to prepare for another campaign.”

Despite George III’s harsh words, General William Howe and his brother, Admiral Richard Howe, still hoped to convince the Americans to rejoin the British empire in the wake of the colonists’ humiliating defeat at the Battle of Long Island. The British could easily have prevented Washington’s retreat from Long Island and captured most of the Patriot officer corps, including the commander in chief. However, instead of forcing the former colonies into submission by executing Washington and his officers as traitors, the Howe brothers let them go with the hope of swaying Patriot opinion towards a return to the mother country.

The Howe brothers’ attempts at negotiation failed, and the War for Independence dragged on for another four years, until the formal surrender of the British to the Americans on October 19, 1781, after the Battle of Yorktown.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/king-speaks-for-first-time-since-independence-declared

-----

George succeeded to the throne when his grandfather, George II, died suddenly on 25 October 1760, two weeks before his 77th birthday.

In 1762, George purchased Buckingham House (on the site now occupied by Buckingham Palace) for use as a family retreat.[20] His other residences were Kew and Windsor Castle. St James's Palace was retained for official use. He did not travel extensively, and spent his entire life in southern England. In the 1790s, the King and his family took holidays at Weymouth, Dorset,[21] which he thus popularised as one of the first seaside resorts in England

Later that year, the Royal Proclamation of 1763 placed a limit upon the westward expansion of the American colonies. The Proclamation aimed to divert colonial expansion to the north (to Nova Scotia) and to the south (Florida). The Proclamation Line did not bother the majority of settled farmers, but it was unpopular with a vocal minority and ultimately contributed to conflict between the colonists and the British government

• levying taxes without grant of Parliament is illegal

The central issue for the colonists was not the amount of taxes but whether Parliament could levy a tax without American approval, for there were no American seats in Parliament.

The Americans protested that like all Englishmen they had rights to "no taxation without representation".

In short, many in those colonies believed that, as they were not directly represented in the distant British Parliament, any laws it passed affecting the colonists (such as the Sugar Act and the Stamp Act) were illegal under the Bill of Rights 1689, and were a denial of their rights as Englishmen.

The colonies declared their independence in July 1776, listing grievances against the British king and legislature while asking the support of the populace. Among George's other offences, the Declaration charged, "He has abdicated Government here ... He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people." The gilded equestrian statue of George III in New York was pulled down.[54] The British captured the city in 1776, but lost Boston, and the grand strategic plan of invading from Canada and cutting off New England failed with the surrender of the British Lieutenant-General John Burgoyne at the Battle of Saratoga.

George III of the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Jeremiah Ames

Moving on...

What The Lord did say.

Matthew 22:38-40 "This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

What The Apostle(s) did say.

Acts 15:27-29 "We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell youthe same things by mouth. 28For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; 29That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well."

What the U.S Constitution did say.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

What God and the U.S Constitution did say.

We the People of the United States...do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

What 'ordain' means.

or·dain
/ôrˈdān/
verb
  1. 1.
    make (someone) a priest or minister; confer holy orders on.
    synonyms: confer holy orders on, appoint, anoint, consecrate, install, invest, induct
    "the Church voted to ordain women"
  2. 2.
    order or decree (something) officially.

What God has said.

O no.
More proof texting.

And this was to be followed soon by the American Civil War:

The American Civil War (also known by other names) was a war fought in the United States (U.S.) from 1861 to 1865.[c] The Civil War is the most studied and written about episode in U.S. history.[16]Primarily as a result of the long-standing controversy over the enslavement of black people, war broke out in April 1861 when secessionist forces attacked Fort Sumter in South Carolina shortly after Abraham Lincoln had been inaugurated as the President of the United States. The loyalists of the Union in the North proclaimed support for the Constitution. They faced secessionists of the Confederate States in the South, who advocated for states' rights to uphold slavery.

American Civil War - Wikipedia

This time, however, the Union nor Confederate were being supported by France nor Spain nor the Dutch Republic.

Sorry, I missed the drama of this ruction. Why is it that so many of the devout lack the ability to have a simple, non-combative, non-judgmental discussion. You do not need to print your prayers to God, he knows your heart.
I'd rather discuss God.

Not disgust God... Discuss God.

Before any anti God words are typed. Do you believe God can be disgusted or do you think I'm only human?

Ellen Brown

I'd rather discuss God.

Not disgust God... Discuss God.

Before any anti God words are typed. Do you believe God can be disgusted or do you think I'm only human?

Right now I am wondering if you are off your medications.

There must be about a million different points of view on religion, and I have already told about half of them to bugger off. I am not going to try to couch my words in a way that will not offend you because I have no idea what you are on about at this time. I believe in One God, that Jesus is his Son, and that there is no trinity, or original sin. I use the KJV but make no demands of others. If you try to badger me to submit to your ideas, if you get close enough, I'll give you a black eye.

Being all judgmental and sanctimonious will likely get you rode out of town.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Hmm...I like your posts.