• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I want to learn more about Hinduism.

The Crimson Universe

I mean what I say. I love comparitive religion and learning things. :D

Same here bro. ☺

Oh and i'm mostly a Monist.
I consider the unfathomable, impersonal and highest God of the Gnostics, to be the supreme reality, known as Brahman in Hinduism.
But then i also believe in the anthropomorphic beings (aeons as the Gnostics called them) that emerged out of 'IT'.

ajay0

As in any other religious system, it is also important to be wary of pseudo-scholars and fraudsters who try to take advantage of the gullible and innocent. This is a major issue in Hinduism as well and have been a regressive factor for it. The ancient scriptures have shown the examples of Virochana and Paundraka who went through the path of falsehood due to delusion.

Hinduism teaches the importance of critical examination as a tool to distinguish between truth, falsehood and delusion. Prudence and careful judgement can enable one to avoid danger and risks.

I have elaborated on this in this thread of mine...

Kabir on the need for critical examination to weed out the false and fraudulent...

Last edited:

Shantanu

Yeah, that is what I have heard of the Abrahamic God. ;)
Sri Krishna takes care of evil as you know from the mythological stories of how he took on rakshases, and of course He saved the Pandavas from the evil of the Kauravas with guidance. But was He not the architect of the entire conflict of Mahabharata as God? - refer to His Vishwaroopa.

Last edited: