• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I Want To Know What Love Is"

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think that probably most people reading this went though what I did when young, namely doubts if I would ever find someone who would love me. I had so many insecurities even when first starting college.

But in my early 20's I met and fell in love with two absolutely beautiful women who changed my life forever as they were so loving and compassionate towards all, and I married the latter one. I'm pretty certain some of you had a similar experience.

A few weeks ago I heard this older song that brought tears to eyes, and it still does every time I hear it. So, for those of you who have had a similar experience, let this song bring you back to that time when you found love:

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that probably most people reading this went though what I did when young, namely doubts if I would ever find someone who would love me. I had so many insecurities even when first starting college.

But in my early 20's I met and fell in love with two absolutely beautiful women who changed my life forever as they were so loving and compassionate towards all, and I married the latter one. I'm pretty certain some of you had a similar experience.

A few weeks ago I heard this older song that brought tears to eyes, and it still does every time I hear it. So, for those of you who have had a similar experience, let this song bring you back to that time when you found love:

What's love got to do with it?

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member

That is a great story. Songs often evoke emotions and recollection of my own history when I hear them.

whirlingmerc

We love because He first loved us.

Ellen Brown

This is a song that strongly moves me also. If you are sad and down, I am sorry.

metis

I like this one...

Oh ya!

When we were driving back from our place in the U.P. about 10 years ago, we heard this song on the radio, and both of us teared up so much that I almost had to pull off the road. What a beautiful and moving song, especially for us in our vintage years!

metis

This is a song that strongly moves me also. If you are sad and down, I am sorry.
The song brings out the insecurities I harbored for years, but then there came the realization of what's truly important in life, at least for them and I-- love of all that surrounds us.

No, I'm not at all sad but, instead so very appreciative of how those two women pointed me in the direction in my life that is so vastly important to me, and at 74 years of age, I owe them a debt of gratitude.

So, the song is so very meaningful to me, because it starts out sad but then leads to learning about what I think one thing that is truly important in life-- love of all, including life itself. And when we had children then grandchildren, that love was shown them, and they have responded so well to it.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I like this thread. I might want to spend more time in this Family and Personal Living forum. "We've Only Just Begun" is my favorite song about love, and my wife and I have it all, and it's "getting better all the ti-i-ime."

My favorite song about a different kind of love is "What the World Needs Now." Hal David, Burt Bacharach and Jackie DeShannon nailed it.