• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
You should never quote what you do not understand.

You're awfully quick to tell people they're wrong but you're never as good at telling or showing people why they're wrong. :rolleyes:

If Islam or paganism were the only true religions why don't they work?

What are your criteria for defining 'work' and 'don't work' here?

It isn't a faith attached or derived from the one true religion.

What, Islam? It's derived from Judaism & Christianity just as Christianity is derived from Judaism. The notion that Islam arose in a purely Pagan environment is part of the narrative designed to reinforce the notion that Islam is a miraculous message, and not that it's plagiarised from older faiths.

God never sent angels to Mahomet. In fact the one core truth of the the old testament and the New Testament
is the word of God was always given to man through the Prophets by the Power of the Holy Spirit.

I can think of a number of occasions where this isn't true:
  1. It was an angel, not the Holy Spirit, who appeared to Zechariah and told him that his wife would, through the will of Yahweh, give birth to John the Baptist Luke 5:1-19;
  2. it was angels and not the Holy Spirit which appeared to shepherds as they watched their flocks by night and prophesied of Jesus' birth Luke 2:8-15;
  3. It was an angel rather than the Holy Spirit who told Hagar she would bear Abraham's first son Ishmael Genesis 16;

A fatal flaw which both Joseph Smith and Mahomet made when creating a religion which did not base itself
in the truth from God. We can see why these religions are false. We can see that the Holy Spirit was the
person who gives the word to man from God. Nothing divine about the Koran or the book of Mormon.

You really shot yourself in the foot there - your own scripture has instances of angels carrying the word of your god to people.

No Islam does not worship the God of Abraham because it goes beyond the teachings of both covenants.
God plainly told Abraham that his covenant would be with ISAAC ONLY.
Ishmael was blessed by God but he was not chosen by God.

Yahweh made that covenant with Isaac and his descendants, yes. But according to Christianity he then forsook it and made another covenant with all humankind - that all who believe in Jesus will be saved. Your position rests on the proposition that Yahweh would go back on his word once but not twice. That you find a similar claim coming from another religion unconvincing speaks only to your confirmation bias.

A religion that holds no truth is like a tree without roots when real testing comes it will fall over.
Christ was the final revelation the culmination of the promises of God to Abraham, Isaac,Jacob and Moses.
To the people of Israel born of Issacs line.

So Jesus was only meant for the Jews after all? That's something of a relief.

Light and darkness cannot be in the same place.

Yet one without the other is meaningless.

Why has your God done nothing in your religion?

Which god? I have many, remember? And what do you mean by "done nothing"? What would you consider as 'doing something'?

We see in the Old Covenants that God acted with both Abraham and the descendants of Isaac. We see Jesus
and his followers performing the works of God and showing the promises of YHWH to be true, Why doesn't
the followers of your faith have anything to show from God.

Actually what we see in the Bible is a bunch of fables - one that was aimed at the Jewish echo chamber/audience most likely to believe them. There isn't a contemporary independent record of men performing miracles - curing blindness, raising people from the dead etc - in that part of the world. It's only in the Bible. This is what I don't understand about Christianity - it requires you to believe that Yahweh both honoured and abandoned the Mosaic Covenant at the same time. The Jews both are and are not Yahweh's chosen people depending on Paul's mood:
  • Jews are chosen, Mosaic Covenant is not broken: Romans 3:1-5;
  • Jews aren't chosen; Gentiles also share in Yahweh's covenant with the Jews: Galatians 3:27-29;

Satan doesn't do good things. What works do the followers of Islam produce?

Some produce charity, love, understanding, compassion etc. Others produce hatred, intolerance, bigotry, ignorance. Of course I could be talking about Christianity here just as well.

Morality... is your morality any more or less than that of any other religion?

It's hard to some up the morality of a religious system with no centralised, universally held doctrine. The best summary would be the Delphic Maxims. If you really want me to sum up Hellenic morality I suppose it would be like this:
  • Honour the gods;
  • All things in moderation;
  • Act with virtue & humanity to all beings where possible.

What good does it do a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul?

What good does it do a man if he lives his life looking forward to what happens after death than what happens while he's alive? It's sayings like this that give people the impression that Christianity is designed to suck the joy from the world.

You mean obey manmade rules and do not follow the truth.

Hint hint, your religions' rules are man-made too. Paul was but a man and he has arguably had a bigger influence on the development of Christianity than Jesus himself.

Abraham married his sister but God did not credit righteousness to him by what he did or said.
He credited righteousness to him because he believed what God told him.

And the notion that belief is more important than action is a dangerous one. How many times in history have zealots bathed in the blood of innocents, completely convinced of the rightness of their cause?

And you do not believe what God told Abraham about Isaac hence you follow a different religion and a
different religion and a different God.

That's right. I don't believe it because I can see with my own eyes. Yahweh promised Abraham that his descendants would number as the stars in the sky - they don't. And in case you're not aware, you also follow a different religion. If you really believed the Jews were still the Chosen People of Yahweh and if you truly understood Hebrew (and thus the Torah) you'd be a Noahide rather than a Christian.

The descendants of Abraham believe what God told Abraham about
his Son Isaac. You do not.
So whether moral not only the truth saves.

Could you please rewrite that last sentence in comprehensible English?

One Religion? There is your mistake... The belief is ONE GOD YHWH and he does not change his mind
about whom he choses and whom he blesses. Truth is clear path when the God is thee God of Truth.

Preachy, preachy.

Why would I want to, or need to tell anyoen where their beliefs come from.

Because you're afflicted by the arrogance that is typical of Christians. You think you know the Jewish scriptures better than Jews - or has it never occurred to you there might be a reason the Jews rejected Jesus as the Messiah. And you think you know other 'false' religions better than those who have actually studied them.

As you can see I know who my God is

The god of the Jews.

and I know why he is my God.

Because you've probably accepted a narrative of Jewish religion explained to you by a non-Jew who wants to carry on the usurpation of Jewish messiah beliefs to keep Paul's religion going.

The Only True God who is faithful and Just and whom he made known through
Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses. The Prophets and Jesus Christ. You do not understand either religion do
you neither Jew or Christian. Both have Covenants which when followed bring the baptism of Gods Spirit.
King David an Example and Jesus Christ an example. It isn't merely a belief is a living truth and God
who made himself known.

More preaching.

I believe you are learning the hard way that you have nothing which measures up to Gods truth given
to man.

If the preachy nonsense that you've put up is your god's truth then it's no wonder people are leaving Christianity in droves. You just about *****-slapped me into a ****ing coma with your Wall of China sermon.

Wrong... The religion of Jew and Christian, teaches us there is one God and he is God of the Jew and
Christian. The god of Islam is no match and has nothing in common with YHWH. They are opposites.

Even though I don't have a horse in that particular race, I do find your ignorance astounding. Seriously, read up on Islam and what they claim about Allah.

Well it is a pity you cannot ask you god about it. Whereas my God has told us distinctly what his plans
are from beginning to end. Guess yours is still keeping his lips sealed about that one.

What self-indulging tripe are you babbling about? If your god's plans are so secret then maybe it'd behoove you to stop bragging about them as if knowing more makes you better than me?

Well when it comes to evidence... you have not even searched and acted on what YHWH has taught us. Had you
done you would see why Gods word is evidence. As they say, " You should never judge a book by it's cover"
Would be better to say nothing than show the forum you have made a statement without having read the books
you are commenting on.

You know literally nothing about me beyond my current religious affiliation. You have no ground to make this sort of conceited pronouncement as to what I do and do not know. Why on earth should I take any argument you make seriously?

I was raised as a Christian. I went to Church, Sunday School etc; I studied the Bible, I prayed over what I studied. The echo chamber didn't help - whenever I asked questions they either told me something vacuous like 'ponder and pray on it' or just gave me an answer that raised even further questions. Doubt was only tolerated insofar as it was to be challenged, beaten down. Doubt was not welcome.

Last edited:

RESOLUTION

You're awfully quick to tell people they're wrong but you're never as good at telling or showing people why they're wrong. :rolleyes:

Always shown the facts for my beliefs and why they are true.
However, if you are going to resort to childish and immature tactics when you reply then i WON'T be replying
because the truth is by that one statement you have already shown yourself ignorant of any facts regarding what I believe
or indeed what the Jewish or Christian faiths believe.
Some times you are your own worst enemy,.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Always shown the facts for my beliefs and why they are true.

Really? Where? You've not shown me any - all you've shown me anything but claims backed by nothing but your confirmation bias in dogma.

However, if you are going to resort to childish and immature tactics when you reply then i WON'T be replying

You mean like quoting instances in your own scriptures that show your statements are wrong? :rolleyes:

because the truth is by that one statement you have already shown yourself ignorant of any facts regarding what I believe
or indeed what the Jewish or Christian faiths believe.
Some times you are your own worst enemy,.

See? You're just proving my point for me. You're always quick to tell people they're wrong; never able to explain how because you can't.

So go ahead, stop replying. You've obviously got no interest in discussing or debating anything anyway - you're just yet another monotheist preacher.

Your confusing yourself. Try studying the word of God and try studying the old books and how other religions latched on and
changed beliefs, including paganism to add a bit of the mystery of Christianity and Judaism.

I've seen this claim before - more nonsense. The notion that Pagan cults & religious systems copied a religion that came into existence long after they were founded and well-established is absurd. You're just secretly worried about the fact that early Christianity absorbed plenty of Pagan features and want to head us off at the pass by accusing our religious systems of the same thing yours is guilty of.