• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I want to explain my religion

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I was until I realized it didn't help me understand the parts of the bible that mention things like 2 Corinthians 12:1-4.
Interesting. They claim to be the only ones that do understand the Bible. Of course, all the rest of Christianity in its various forms makes that claim too.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I was until I realized it didn't help me understand the parts of the bible that mention things like 2 Corinthians 12:1-4.
Why do you continue to assert that you were a JW when you were not?

How can you say it didn’t help you understand parts of the Bible when you never did any serious study of JW teaching?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
If you look in my first post.I am not asking a question.I am explaining my religion.
I'm easily confused. I thought this was a question and answer forum and maybe you'd forgot to question, or answer as a question like jeopardy.

I'm so confused

Frank Goad

Why do you continue to assert that you were a JW when you were not?

How can you say it didn’t help you understand parts of the Bible when you never did any serious study of JW teaching?

I guess I can say I dabbled in JW ideas but wasn't a member then.:)

Gandalf

Horn Tooter
All religion is personal and nobody's interpretation matches another. I am perhaps not even a Shi'ite Muslim in the classical sense because I accept the hulul or incarnation of Allah swt in the bodies of the prophets, angel or jinn. I accept this for so many scriptural and logical reasons but if you count semantics on top of it, oh boy! I am a firm believer in taking any religion to it's logical extremes or limits and orthodoxy has no place in the contemporary man's life.

Not many lifelong Muslims and especially Shi'ites are open about heretical beliefs for obvious reasons but then you meet people like me who say Islam deifies it's prophets and takes it to the end conclusion.

I do not need an external source to tell me that I cannot worship Fatima as a goddess or Ja'far al-Sadiq as I view them both as emanations of Allah swt. I have my reasoning and that is all I need, what I do I do it in honesty without any validation and that is enough for me.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
In my box that tells my religion it says
Religion:
occultism that has to do with christianity.

In Matthew 7:7-8 it says seek and you will find.So i think If I pray long enough to jesus he will give me out of body experiences and lucid dreams.:)

The kind of things I am asking jesus to reveal is on this site: http://www.religioustolerance.org/divin_bibl.htm

I think through the lucid dreams and out of body experiences.Jesus could give me.All of this other stuff could be revealed later.:)
I am not a Christain, and I debated whether I should answer or not. But the "seek and ye shall find" is so obviously about God. I mean, if I ask God of a job that pays a half million a year, I don't think it's necessarily going to happen. I don't think God is the Great Santa Claus in the Sky.