• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I want to convert and follow Quranism

LoveIslam

Dear people,

I hope that you people don't find it offending that I use the term Quranism or Quaranist (because I've read that you see yourselves as just muslims), but I have no other way to put it. In addition, English isn't my native language, so I'm sorry for any misspellings.

I'm interested in Islam since I was eleven years old but I got into a lot of trouble, so from that moment I wasn't really busy with Islam anymore. I know one Muslim girl who also follows the Hadith, and when she told me about it, I never felt really good about it. Then I started to read the Quran for myself, but the memories of what the Muslim girl told me resulted in a confirmation bias. But not for long, I started researching more on my own because I felt doubt and then I found Quranism.

Quranism learned me that you don't have to learn Arabic and that you don't have to go to a mosque if you want to convert. I felt at home. It sounds rational, easy and made for everyone who wants to become a Muslim. Especially when you live at a Non-muslim country, it's hard to make the difference between culture and religion, for example about the hijab.

“Do they not then consider the Quran carefully? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much contradiction”

[an-Nisa’ 4:82]

There are contradictions in the Hadith. It's because of the Hadith that there is a discussion about the age of Aïsha. I guess that there are many more contradictions in the Hadiths, and when I found out that it was written 200 years after the death of Muhammed, my doubt increased.

My questions:

1. Do I need to say the shahada to become a Muslim?

2. If no, when is someone a Muslim then?

Thanks!

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Dear people,

I hope that you people don't find it offending that I use the term Quranism or Quaranist (because I've read that you see yourselves as just muslims), but I have no other way to put it. In addition, English isn't my native language, so I'm sorry for any misspellings.

I'm interested in Islam since I was eleven years old but I got into a lot of trouble, so from that moment I wasn't really busy with Islam anymore. I know one Muslim girl who also follows the Hadith, and when she told me about it, I never felt really good about it. Then I started to read the Quran for myself, but the memories of what the Muslim girl told me resulted in a confirmation bias. But not for long, I started researching more on my own because I felt doubt and then I found Quranism.

Quranism learned me that you don't have to learn Arabic and that you don't have to go to a mosque if you want to convert. I felt at home. It sounds rational, easy and made for everyone who wants to become a Muslim. Especially when you live at a Non-muslim country, it's hard to make the difference between culture and religion, for example about the hijab.

“Do they not then consider the Quran carefully? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much contradiction”

There are contradictions in the Hadith. It's because of the Hadith that there is a discussion about the age of Aïsha. I guess that there are many more contradictions in the Hadiths, and when I found out that it was written 200 years after the death of Muhammed, my doubt increased.

My questions:

Thanks!

Salam

Welcome to Islam :)

I do personally don't agree with sects,I don't agree with all hadiths, only which match with Quran teaching.

Shahada is just as announce to public, do you have a mosque around you ?

Yes, you became automatically a Muslim when you believe in Allah(God) is only God,and Muhammad(pbuh) is His messanger, so Quran,...etc

LoveIslam

Yes, you became automatically a Muslim when you believe in Allah(God) is only God,and Muhammad(pbuh) is His messanger, so Quran,...etc

Oh, I didn't know that. I thought you are officially muslim when you speak out the shahada. Does this mean that I have missed prayers and zakat?

Thanks for your answer.

Last edited:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Oh, I didn't know that. I thought you are officially muslim when you speak out the shahada. Does this mean that I have missed prayers and zakat?

Thanks for your answer.
No,it's like you just born , you did not missed any prayer or zakat,and all your sins are cleared.
the counter just start :) ,so you should pray or give zakat,but first you have to learn how if you don't know :)

Shahada is confim what you believe, so everyone speak shahada so become a Muslim ? no of course.

You are welcome :)

Last edited:

Sharabati

My questions:

Thanks!
Hello, I am Quranist.

Shahada is in your heart, when your believe that Allah is the only deity and you believe in his words to us "The Quran", then you are a Muslim.

The messenger has believed in what was sent down to him from his Lord, and so did the believers. They believe in GOD, His angels, His scripture, and His messengers: "We make no distinction among any of His messengers." They say, "We hear, and we obey. Forgive us, our Lord. To You is the ultimate destiny." - Quran 2:285

Harris

Thanks for your answer.

Peace! There are no magical words that needs to be uttered to be a Muslim. If you submit to the one God and believe in his words, you are automatically a Muslim.

Britedream

Dear people,

My questions:

Thanks!
It is not mandatory to announce your faith to anyone. To summarize it, believe in God and his massenger, do your five prayer, fast the month of Ramadan, give the charity, and do pilgrimage to Mecca, once in your life; if your are able. You are done. Sins, and mistakes don't get you out of Islam. Basically you will be doing prayers five times a day, which amounts to total of about 25 min. of your 24 hours.

az604

The Quran and the hadith go hand in hand and without the hadith you will have no idea of how to pray (how many rakah? what to say? etc.) and you won't know how when or how much zakat to give or how to complete hajj .. essentially, you need the hadith. it is not optional.

Some of them may trouble you because of your limited understanding. If the hadith is authentic then it cannot be pushed aside just because it doesn't make sense to you. That is intellectual dishonesty.

Ask a scholar or a person of knowledge if you come across troubling hadiths. There is an explanation for whatever you come across and some context can completely change your perspective.

"And We revealed to you the message that you may make clear to the people what was sent down to them and that they might give thought." [16:44]

“He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allah” [4:80]

“And whatsoever the Messenger gives you, take it” [59:7]

Yasin-shalal

Yasin-shalal
Dear people,

My questions:

Thanks!

Salam dear brother,

Welcome to Islam. :)

There are many Hadiths that are in conflict and that is why we have many sects in Islam.
On the other hand, there are many authentic Hadiths that are common aminge many sects and Sunnah or tridition of Muhammad,pbuh, has been extracted from them. like to say five times of prayers, fasting in Ramadan and etc. Not every Hadith can be ignored.

Call yourself Quranist or what you want but do care about some important things mentioned in common authentic Hadiths. e.g. Mahdi. peace be upon him and Christ when they hold the Heavenly kingdom on Earth.

Quran says that Earth will be occupied by the good people at the last days, However, doesnt mention the details. The details are in Hadith. Common Hadiths in both Sunni and Shia Hadiths say, God will send Christ and Mahdi to make a universal and Heavenly kingdom on Earth.

Stay Quranist, say five times of prayers, fast in Ramadan, help the poor as Zakat or Khums, go to Haj if you are able, ask people to do good works and pray for Mahdi's arrival and give your word to God to help Mahdi at the age of his arrival.

Best regards.

a.visitor

The Quran and the hadith go hand in hand and without the hadith you will have no idea of how to pray (how many rakah? what to say? etc.) and you won't know how when or how much zakat to give or how to complete hajj .. essentially, you need the hadith. it is not optional.

Some of them may trouble you because of your limited understanding. If the hadith is authentic then it cannot be pushed aside just because it doesn't make sense to you. That is intellectual dishonesty.

Ask a scholar or a person of knowledge if you come across troubling hadiths. There is an explanation for whatever you come across and some context can completely change your perspective.

"And We revealed to you the message that you may make clear to the people what was sent down to them and that they might give thought." [16:44]

“He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allah” [4:80]

“And whatsoever the Messenger gives you, take it” [59:7]

Dear my brother,

When I saw your writing, I understand that you have never met any people who follow the sunnah of Allah. In the end of my writing, please you can also ask to yourself that I was a mushrik till now?

First of all, I want to start from last verse which you wrote. Well, if you are a new Muslim, this reaction is acceptable. However, if you are already Muslim and you shared that verse about obeying to prophet Muhammad, you should think start to study Islam since the beginning.

In that verse, Allah says;

59:7 '' Whatever God restored to His messenger from the (defeated) communities shall go to God and His messenger (in the form of a charity). You shall give it to the relatives, the orphans, the poor, and the traveling alien. Thus, it will not remain monopolized by the strong among you. You may keep the spoils given to you by the messenger, but do not take what he enjoins you from taking. You shall reverence God. God is strict in enforcing retribution.''

That verse is about distribution of the spoil. If you copied from somewhere all these things, they also played with you very well. There is no connection between acception of hadiths.

Secondly, the verse 4:80 and 16:44 are explaine why you are wrong. Thank you again for shraing these verses.

In the beginning, I want to share the verse 3:187;

''And, when Allah took a covenant from those who were given the Scripture, [saying], "You must make it clear to the people and not conceal it." But they threw it away behind their backs and exchanged it for a small price. And wretched is that which they purchased.''

Can you see the warning of Allah? It is about declaration of message. Allah says don't keep hide in yourself, declare to others. The same also applies to the prophet Muhammad. When the revalation came to him, secretly, Allah warned him and said don't keep it, proclaim to the people. You can see easly what the message is in 16:44. And, yes, he did it.

Thirdly, the verse 4:80 is so clear. If you obeyed to message which was declared by messenger , you would obey to messenger.

Don't forget and say to yourself my brother; "Then is it other than Allah I should seek as judge while it is He who has revealed to you the Book explained in detail?" And those to whom We [previously] gave the Scripture know that it is sent down from your Lord in truth, so never be among the doubters.'' [6:114]

Who decides the judgements-sunnah for Allah's law? And please, ask to yourself that ''These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadiths-in Arabic, hadithin) after Allah and His verses will they believe?'' [45:6]

Well, exactly answer is that no hadiths apart from Allah's. We have a only one judge who can decides judgements. If you obey diffrent sunnah without Allah commands-sunnatullah, that means you accept two decider for you and accept a partner with Allah so you are also a mushrik.

''And the Messenger has said, "O my Lord, indeed my people have taken this Qur'an as [a thing] abandoned." [25:30]

Quran is the message of the messanger who was prophet Muhammad. You exactly obey to message of Muhammad so Quran. And Quran is the only one thing which we will be jugded from it by Allah.

I don't know how I could explaine these things. I hope so you understand what I'm saying. Thank you again, I love you so much my brother beacuse you helped to understand what truth is with these verses.

Last edited:

a.visitor

If you want to learn when you pefer to follow the only Quran so directly the words of Allah, I can give an example what will be happen after you woke up. Now In Islam, we have also heretic teachings from paganism. We see these things in hadiths which are clamied that these are from prophet Muhammad. For example, probably all of the Muslims believe that we have souls which continue to live after death.

However, in the Quran, Allah says different things. Well, ''ruh'' is also known ruah means breath which is translated to soul. Yes, we have also breath. In fact, we can also see the word ''nafs'' for soul. Whenever we see that word in the Quran, translators are always put the word ''soul''. However, nafs so soul can die. The Other people can maybe also know this word is nephesh in Hebrew.

Islam teaches that we are mortal.''Every 'nafs' will taste death'' [29:57, Al- Ankabut, Fifty-seventh verse]. We have no ''souls'' which continue to live after death in Islam. Besides this fact, followers of hadiths which are attributed to Muhammad but which are people's own words's beliefs are against to the words of Allah. InshAllah, they will get rid these paganist lies and they turn back to Allah who is the real god and they will obey his real teachings, his commands.

Last edited:

a.visitor

Allah knows best. I don't want to teach a wrong thing. For instance, I have never learned what death is and what really happens after it but I've read the Quran which is only thing that all of the people can be certain for standarts of Allah. I just wanted to show what the Quran says about it. I don't see Allah claims that humans will live as souls but I see that we'll be ressurrected by Allah after we dead.

It could be that I've supported only the Quranist ideas in my life. In fact, I am not sure all of things which I say. I just know that The God is one and the Quran is real words of the God. And I believe that God's standarts for judgement is from just his book. If I'm wrong, I hope that God understands why I think like it and I really wanted to be fixed by God before I die.

If anyone wants to criticize those things, please don't forget that everybody is free to contribute. I hope, Allah forgives my sins and yours. When it will be done, we can meet again but in the heaven. I don't know what will be happened to me. I hope that Allah forgives my sins with you. Now, we should to focus on how we can submiss to Allah. See you again my sisters and brothers.

Lunarious

You can't be only a Quranist. Because we believe in all Abrahamic faiths like Christianity and Judaism. And we have our role as muslims.

The Shahada comes from your heart, otherwise its not authentic and will be rejected. You need to go to the mosque every friday like the Quran says. Congregation prayer gives you more pluss points than solitary. I skip sometimes, because i can't, and i don't always pray in the mosque, i just sit back and watch.

The inner journey leads to heaven. The external journey leads to experience.

Allah will understand because he loves those who sin and repent.

Peace

W3bcrowf3r

Do not follow anything what most of this people say.

Read the Quran. And do not do what people tell you to do.

There is not such a thing as five prayers. The Quran talks about three prayers. And so do Previous Scriptures.

Praying means to come closer to God. Thats what it means in the Arabic language. Reading the Scriptures is the best prayer.
All those sectarian prayer methods, avoid them.

There are three times in the Quran. Morning, afternoon and evening. At those times u read the Quran. The Quran says that the purpose of prayer is to remember God. So again, reading Scripture is the best form of prayer, and the purest form, since you are not mixing the Teachings of God with those of men.

Read the Torah, Psalms and Gospel. Those are Scriptures of God as well. The Quran clearly told us that we can Judge with the Gospel, and that we should uphold the Torah and the Gospel.

Stay away from every single organised religion. All are the same. They mix the Scriptures with fabricated sources. And thats the whole problem. Sunnis mix the ahadith with the Quran, Trinitarians mix the trinity with the Gospel. Sectarian Jews mix the talmud with the Tora etc.

They changed the sahada, its There is no deity except that of God.

But they add ' and Muhammad is Hes Messenger' and other groups add even more to that as well. But the Quran warns us about these people who say that Muhammad is the Messenger. They are hypocrites. God knows Muhammad is the Messenger.

They invented the ahadith. Dozen of errors in the 'most authentic ahadith book' of bukhari.
But still people are not going to do any research. Because they are hypocrites. They follow people, they follow the Saudis, instead of God and the Messenger. They follow Bukhari etc. Instead the Messenger.

They changed the salaat. From 3 to 5 and made it a worship, they worship the system of Saud, instead of educational reading session of the Scripture.

They changed Ramadan, the year has 12 months and every month should come on the same time of the year. How can Arabic months named such as Spring 1 and Spring 2 be in Winter?! Because they changed it. They do not follow a luni solar calendar. But they made their own calendar system so that they can observe if people are still following their system instead of the Truth.

They changed the four Holy Months of Hadj. And made it be that people can only visit in just a few days to do Hadj (Hadj is making an offer so that poor people can eat, and to ponder upon God etc.). But the Quran tells us there are four holy months. And they even changed the order of them. And removed Ramadan from the Four Holy Months in which fighting is forbidden, except self defence, to mock God and the Messenger! They added a lot of fabrication to the Hadj as well, trowing stones to a wall that is Satan, kissing a black stone etc... Which has now bases in the Quran!

They changed the zakaat. The Quran says give what you can. But they made it be 2.5%... the Quran doesnt give a number! But it says give as much as you can and want, not to much, but to to greedy.

They changed so much!! And the ahadith are full with this fabricated religion of theirs. Dont buy it. You have been warned. Dont be a blind sheep. Do your homework. Ask God to guide you. The Quran is simple, it takes a few times of reading it, and then you start understanding it.

Also read the Tora, Psalms and Gospel as well. This way you will understand the bigger picture.

It will be obvious in an instant that these Sunnis, Catholics and Pharisees are just sectarian groups.

You are already Muslim, Muslim in Arabic means, to be a peacemaker. The root of the word means Peace. Salam means Peace. You already made Peace with God, Mohammad and the Quran. You are already a believer.

Also stay away from mosques, churches and synagogues. They are all sectarian. Pray, read at home. Educate yourself and your family. Dont follow the misguided majority. Dont be a pawn of Satan.

Also the Quran said, jawm al djumuha if they ask you to come and pray you go. But they even changed the day friday to djumuha, to sell their fabrications to the masses on it. The days are all named to numbers, one, two, three etc. except friday.. But djumuha means gathering. So its saying go to the day of gathering if there is one, and pray together. But in these days we are not living with the Messenger. And finding a group of likeminded believers is very rare!