• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I want to be a jehovah's witness.But this is holding me back

Frank Goad

Just in case of?

May i ask you two questions Frank?
1: Why do you want to experience Lucid dreams? What do you expect to learn from it?
2: When people tell you JW or other religions do no dabble with lucid dreams, why do you keep pushing for it?

1.I think it will get me closer to God.:)
2.I am planning to go to facebook were I can find a site were the jws there can explain that better to me. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
1.I think it will get me closer to God.:)
2.I am planning to go to facebook were I can find a site were the jws there can explain that better to me. :)
Does the Christian Gospel teach anything about Lucid dream making you come closer to God?
Maybe it is you who must change from witin that will lead you closer to God?

Frank Goad

lucid dreams are not religious experiences. I've had a lucid dreams and i believe it is simply being slightly conscious at the time of your dream to the point where you can decide what happens in your dream. I've even woken up from a dream and thought, i want to go back so go back to sleep and im right back in the dream again.

I had a look on our Watchtower online library and there are lots of articles about dreaming. See if you can find some articles here Search — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY (jw.org)

Out of Body experiences are another thing alltogether and not advisable to try.

I have talked to a few christians by now and they say there is nothing wrong with lucid dreaming.Even this website says it's ok: Lucid dreaming - what is it? Is having a lucid dream a sin? | GotQuestions.org

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Frank Goad

But is it the teaching of Christ? or is it a teaching that just make it possible for you to continue your quest to do lucid dreaming?

Maybe you should look in to why you believe it will get you closer to God when it is not a part of the mainteaching?

I want to ask you personally.Why do you think God doesn't like lucid dreaming?When you chose to pray to him for one?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I want to ask you personally.Why do you think God doesn't like lucid dreaming?
I can not answer for God :)
But if it is not in the teaching you want to follow and practice, maybe it is not meant to be within the teaching?
Maybe there are other means to get closer to God?

Frank Goad

I can not answer for God :)
But if it is not in the teaching you want to follow and practice, maybe it is not meant to be within the teaching?
Maybe there are other means to get closer to God?

I have talked to some christians that believe that lucid dreaming can get you closer to God.And some who say that it is all from satan.If it can be from satan.I think praying to God to get his help with a lucid dream.Instead of doing it all on your own.And invite demons into your mind and body is better.:)

cataway

if you are expecting to somehow in someway to get a communication perhaps with God ,dont hold your breath , very ,very few have ever had such a experience.