• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I WANT MY M-16.....or...'BREAKING NEWS AT LEAST FOUR SHOT IN NYC HOSPITAL'

If you were in a situation where there was an active shooter blasting away would;

• You hope there were concealed handgun owners there?

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • No I would rather hide in place and wait until police decides to arrive.

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
CORRECTION THE NUMBER OF DEAD WAS WRONG. I DON'T KNOW IF I HAD A BRAIN F*RT OR WHAT BUT THE LAST REPORT SAID....NO I BETTER NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE...SORRY TO ALL FOR ENGAGING MOUTH BEFORE BRAIN.

It seems a doctor who had lost his job went on a shooting rampage killing four or more coworkers with what FOX of all channels ignorantly described as an M-16. WRONG! I bet it was an AR-15, an M-16 is a full auto machine gun. Then they called the rifle an 'assault weapon'. WRONG! It was simply a semi automatic rifle that is often used for hunting feral pigs and wild boar. Too bad there weren't some licensed concealed carry holders there to take the shooter out. I am sure the left will attempt, ignorantly so, to spin this as a gun control issue. I am happy to say the supreme court has ruled favorably on all anti gun cases in recent memory. Anyway see the poll question....later dudes and dudettes and transdudetts and trannydudets and all others~ (I want to be fair and show respect to all species and genders~

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think I was convinced by the Bowling Columbine video that these shootings are mostly a result of adrenaline packed fear mongering in our news and systemic undermining of lower and middle class people. We already have gun control here in the USA. What we need is less fear and for voters to start voting for a better situation.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Given deaths can occur from friendly fire by trained professionals, I don't want untrained, panicked civilians blasting away.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
If you want to be fair you need a couple of other selections or at least other as a choice.

For example I would look to help others, talk down the shoot or look for alternative methods to take down the shooter.

I would not want other hand guns there because I would then have to watch multiple directions as I have no idea how well trained the others are.
I would hide and wait for the police as that is not me.

The Holy Bottom Burp

If you want to be fair you need a couple of other selections or at least other as a choice.
Agreed, how about tighter gun laws to make it much harder for disgruntled ex-employees or bitter ex-students to get hold of an automatic killing machine in the first place? Yeah, I know, crazy talk right? There has to someone who comes on these forums with mad ideas though yes? It provides an easy target for "primitive Christians" to 'shoot down' right? WWJD? He'd pick up an AR-15 or an M-16 of course! Amen!

suncowiam

It seems a doctor who had lost his job went on a shooting rampage killing four or more coworkers with what FOX of all channels ignorantly described as an M-16. WRONG! I bet it was an AR-15, an M-16 is a full auto machine gun. Then they called the rifle an 'assault weapon'. WRONG! It was simply a semi automatic rifle that is often used for hunting feral pigs and wild boar. Too bad there weren't some licensed concealed carry holders there to take the shooter out. I am sure the left will attempt, ignorantly so, to spin this as a gun control issue. I am happy to say the supreme court has ruled favorably on all anti gun cases in recent memory. Anyway see the poll question....later dudes and dudettes and transdudetts and trannydudets and all others~ (I want to be fair and show respect to all species and genders~

Ironically, you're Christian.

Highly doubt you're here for an honest respectful discussion so please do close that door on your way out.

MrMrdevincamus

I think I was convinced by the Bowling Columbine video that these shootings are mostly a result of adrenaline packed fear mongering in our news and systemic undermining of lower and middle class people. We already have gun control here in the USA. What we need is less fear and for voters to start voting for a better situation.

Being one that believes in metaphysics and God (christian) I have a somewhat different idea than many atheists or agnostics as to why kids in the USA especially use murder and violence in a an attempt to 'self medicate'. I think the lack of parents, both being physically not there or being there and not engaging with the children when they are home is one key reason children resort to all sorts of acting out, including but not limited to cutting abusing drugs. More rare is hurting others or bullying others or by submitting to being bullied*, narcissism, sadism, sexual and asexual, and in some rare cases extreme violence, including murder. The absence of mom and dad \ during critical periods of child's mental development creates rage in the child with no way to release it. This is only one of several ways good kids can be ruined by lazy selfish parents. And all of it taken in whole clearly demonstrates the value of a good nuclear family that works through their problems instead of taking the easy way out by divorce or abusing the kids by punishing them when they are so young they can not comprehend the reason for the punishment.

notes

* being the victim of bullies. I suffered some bullying until my father intervened. My family moved constantly due to my fathers job. So K1 through middle school I attended many different schools and in most of them I had to fight. When my father found out I was avoiding the jerks he taught me how to fight lol and told me if I ever backed down from a fight he would box my ears off! I never was bullied after that day. Don't let your kids be bullied.

; {>

Last edited:

MrMrdevincamus

If you were in a situation where there was an active shooter blasting away would you;

a) Prefer it hadn't started in the 1st place because the disgruntled employee didn't have a gun and so had to content himself with grumbling on the internet instead.

b) Thank the lord that the gunman exercised his constitutional right to arms like a true patriot and hope he got shot before he killed too many innocents.

I have had access to firearms through most my life. Luckily I have never had to shoot anyone that didn't deserve it.

; {>

MrMrdevincamus

Highly doubt you're here for an honest respectful discussion so please do close that door on your way out.

I am here to discuss the issues with people that know the issue well. I also will extend every courtesy and respect to those that can do the same, and it appears you can not even extend the most simple courtesy, and instead rely on ignorant remarks that have no basis in truth. Look at your reply ; you said ironically (?) I am a christian." Great way to start a discussion genius . Then the rest of your pathetic reply has zero substance and therefore zero value, well save it for tagging the homeless shelter. Lastly you are in a thread I created but I will allow you to stay, maybe you will learn something ~ God bless our forum ~

: { >

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I suffered some bullying until my father intervened. My family moved constantly due to my fathers job. So K1 through middle school I attended many different schools and in most of them I had to fight. When my father found out I was avoiding the jerks he taught me how to fight lol and told me if I ever backed down from a fight he would box my ears off! I never was bullied after that day. Don't let your kids be bullied.
I have had access to firearms through most my life. Luckily I have never had to shoot anyone that didn't deserve it.
:rolleyes:
Tom

MrMrdevincamus

Agreed, how about tighter gun laws to make it much harder for disgruntled ex-employees or bitter ex-students to get hold of an automatic killing machine in the first place? Yeah, I know, crazy talk right? There has to someone who comes on these forums with mad ideas though yes? It provides an easy target for "primitive Christians" to 'shoot down' right? WWJD? He'd pick up an AR-15 or an M-16 of course! Amen!

disclaimer

Access to weapons is not the problem, its our sick society and in the USA a huge problem is lazy parents. Those type of parents are blissfully ignorant they are raising children that have developed a murderous rage directed at the very parents and society in general. The parents that would rather get drunk after work or that simply dont have time to waste in their children invented latchkeys and other children that have true mental issues, issues that bad parenting has made far worse. I think parents of murdering children should be investigated and jailed if they have contributed to any aspect of the child crime against society. It s literally CHILD ABUSE! So in summary the hand wringers that think they can ban access to something like firearms, something that has constitutional protection, something that MILLIONS of Americans use every year without any drama has lost touch with reality.

What is the history of banning anyway? Try alcohol, how did that work for our nation? It sure made the mafia rich. It not only made them rich IT MADE THEM LITERALLY! Ok, I am sure we can ban drugs including pot, wait it already is banned! How can that be? I passed three people selling it on the street. Don't we have an billion or trillion dollar war on drugs to ban drugs? The laughable war on drugs has resulted in strains of pot that are gaining in THC content that its possible to OD in the stuff! OK I am damn sure the MANDATORY Life sentences in NYC for heroin offenses have at last banned that deadly stuff! Nope the zillion WOD's have resulted in the worse heroin epidemic ever! Thank you naive stupid people. Heads up; IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SUCCESSFULLY BAN ANYTHING IF THE PEOPLE WANT it!!! So anyone that thinks banning firearms will end firearm violence have lost touch with reality.

Firearms are here to stay. Get used to it or move to a country that has a total ban on firearms like North Korea, yeah the banners and gun grabbers would feel right at home there.

; {>

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Being one that believes in metaphysics and God (christian) I have a somewhat different idea than many atheists or agnostics as to why kids in the USA especially use murder and violence in a an attempt to 'self medicate'.
This was also something representing in the Bowling for Columbine video. They did not directly say so, but it seemed that single mothers without enough $$ to pay for childcare seemed like a possible cause.

I think the lack of parents, both being physically not there or being there and not engaging with the children when they are home is one key reason children resort to all sorts of acting out, including but not limited to cutting abusing drugs.
Could be. At minimum children should have loving guardians and not feel like leftover sandwiches.

* being the victim of bullies. I suffered some bullying until my father intervened. My family moved constantly due to my fathers job. So K1 through middle school I attended many different schools and in most of them I had to fight. When my father found out I was avoiding the jerks he taught me how to fight lol and told me if I ever backed down from a fight he would box my ears off! I never was bullied after that day. Don't let your kids be bullied.
I on the other hand was taught to turn the other cheek and forgive, but when I felt bullied in school for year after year I became bitter. This was a small Christian school part of my church. I didn't realize how bad it was at the time, and years after I had left the school I had thoughts about killing most of them. Not many years later a student did that very thing at another Christian school down the road from mine. Walked in and started mowing them down. I don't recommend small schools, because you are guaranteed to have several students who feel isolated. That's very unhealthy, especially if they feel that way year after year. Small = bad. I recall years later hearing how Howard Stearn had a similar experience in a small Christian school. A school is a community, and if you don't fit then it totally sucks. The bigger the better.

MrMrdevincamus

Lol what are you smoking? I made those posts after the ironic comment. And besides none of your items is anti christian. Most people that criticize Christianity have zero knowledge of what Christianity is. Address the issues in the OT or get used to being reported for personal attacks, instigating and insulting and going off topic.

; {>

MrMrdevincamus

This was also something representing in the Bowling for Columbine video. They did not directly say so, but it seemed that single mothers without enough $$ to pay for childcare seemed like a possible cause.

Could be. At minimum children should have loving guardians and not feel like leftover sandwiches.

I on the other hand was taught to turn the other cheek and forgive, but when I felt bullied in school for year after year I became bitter. This was a small Christian school part of my church. I didn't realize how bad it was at the time, and years after I had left the school I had thoughts about killing most of them. Not many years later a student did that very thing at another Christian school down the road from mine. Walked in and started mowing them down. I don't recommend small schools, because you are guaranteed to have several students who feel isolated. That's very unhealthy, especially if they feel that way year after year. Small = bad. I recall years later hearing how Howard Stearn had a similar experience in a small Christian school. A school is a community, and if you don't fit then it totally sucks. The bigger the better.

"I didn't realize how bad it was at the time, and years after I had left the school I had thoughts about killing most of them. Not many years later a student did that very thing at another Christian"

Get some help.

; {>
"

MrMrdevincamus

btw almost forgot an AR is a semi auto rifle. lts not an assault weapon and its not an automatic killing machine. A Bus can van or car can take out more people than an AR in one attack. Weapons can be made from anything. Fix the shooters sick mind, not the AR or bus he happens to use for killing.

; (>

MrMrdevincamus

This post could not be anymore transparent...

Yes I am transparent. However the ignorant hypocritical replies are not transparent. Those that post the hate hide behind lies and ignorance as cover to insult those with different ideas and views. Yeah they would be right at home in 1940 Germany.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
"I didn't realize how bad it was at the time, and years after I had left the school I had thoughts about killing most of them. Not many years later a student did that very thing at another Christian"

Get some help.

; {>
"
I think what I will do is advocate for large secular schools and for shutting down tiny evil church schools, because they don't seem healthy.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Here we go found it: Innocence Lost: The Atlantic Shores School Shooting

"VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) -- Before there was Columbine, Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, or any fatal school shooting, there was the shooting at the Atlantic Shores Christian School.

In December 1988, a student shot two teachers, killing one of them. The school looks much different now, but is still located on Kempsville Road in Virginia Beach."​