• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I voted Tory: get over it.

ronki23

Well quite obviously the very first sentence is another brexit lie. I see you didnt do the maths

1) It didn't cost anything; uncertainty reduced investment
2) We can finally reduce VAT because EU forced us into a minimum of 15%
3) a 'hard' Brexit is obviously much worse than a 'soft' Brexit . We can always trade on WTO terms and gain £80 billion a year

A WTO-based Brexit could yield the UK £80 billion per year - Briefings For Britain

Let's recall the benefits of 'No Deal' - a WTO-based Brexit could yield the UK £80 billion per year | BrexitCentral

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
1) It didn't cost anything; uncertainty reduced investment
2) We can finally reduce VAT because EU forced us into a minimum of 15%
3) a 'hard' Brexit is obviously much worse than a 'soft' Brexit . We can always trade on WTO terms and gain £80 billion a year

A WTO-based Brexit could yield the UK £80 billion per year - Briefings For Britain

Let's recall the benefits of 'No Deal' - a WTO-based Brexit could yield the UK £80 billion per year | BrexitCentral

I am really surprised that there are people who fall for this bull after even after the facts show them to be CRAP (that's not a humerous acronym)

Brexit will have soon cost the UK more than all its payments to the EU over the past 47 years put together

The cost of Brexit is rising rapidly – and still no one can explain why we’re doing it

Urban Dictionary: Gammon

ronki23

Were you taxed any differently under the Tory governments, then?

Why should

a) Business owners pay tax on both the business and the income they earn after the business costs (including business tax) have already been paid

b) People pay tax on inheritance when it's the deceased's personal savings that have already been taxed when they were alive ?

Rates have gone up / thresholds have gone down when Blair and Brown were in power

ChristineM

Premium Member

ChristineM

Premium Member
Why should

a) Business owners pay tax on both the business and the income they earn after the business costs (including business tax) have already been paid

b) People pay tax on inheritance when it's the deceased's personal savings that have already been taxed when they were alive ?

Rates have gone up / thresholds have gone down when Blair and Brown were in power

Anyone can keep taxes low if they ars willing to run up a 2 TRILLION pound debt. Thing is, its still going to need paying whether it you who pays or you saddle your kids with your debt

Tory row over tax rises to plug £2trillion debt

ronki23

Anyone can keep taxes low if they ars willing to run up a 2 TRILLION pound debt. Thing is, its still going to need paying whether it you who pays or you saddle your kids with your debt

Tory row over tax rises to plug £2trillion debt

Are you kidding me ?! It was Labour who got us into this mess- Blair and Brown. We had a balanced budget before their haphazard spending

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 0
  • image.png
    image.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.png
    image.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image.png
    image.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 0

ChristineM

Premium Member
Said the person who linked me to a French website

HuffPost is now a part of Verizon Media

I live in france, your problem with that is what?

Oh and I just checked where i linked, i believe every one is British registered by reputable media houses

Double oh, huff post is american

i see no point in continuing, you cannot show those who refuse to see. Good luck with the future of the UK, you will need it

ChristineM

Premium Member
Are you kidding me ?! It was Labour who got us into this mess- Blair and Brown. We had a balanced budget before their haphazard spending

So higher taxes means more debt.. ok got ya,that must be conservative economics in action

The Tories have borrowed 67.5% of UK national debt since 1946

I will quote from..

The lost decade: The Tories spent all the money

Since the Tories came into power in 2010, the national debt has more than doubled. It now stands at more than £2 trillion. They have increased the national debt more than every Labour Government combined.​

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Fishing ? You mean how we aren't allowed to catch as many fish as we want in our own oceans ?

Farming falls under the Common Rural and Agricultural Policy aka CRAP
They're not your oceans. They're Earth's oceans, and when over-exploitation of a 'resource' causes harm to the planet -- and, thus, ourselves -- It's time to rethink our exploitation.

Tambourine

Why should people who earn more subsidise people who pay less ?
Because rich people, despite their pretensions to the contrary, do not live alone on this planet, and are part of the same society as the majority population they despise so much. As such members, despite their constant selfish moaning, they have an intrinsic obligation to support the sick, the young, the elderly, and the weakest members of society just like everyone else does, because we as a society have nobody else to help but each other, even if the most fortunate really like to avoid doing anything to help their fellow humans.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Fishing ? You mean how we aren't allowed to catch as many fish as we want in our own oceans ?

Farming falls under the Common Rural and Agricultural Policy aka CRAP
BUT most fishing 'rights ' are either sold to Holland or Spain, or are owned by large companies. England has wasted its fishing quotas.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Please show me where it says Brexit cost £800 million a week
Car parks to house wagons delayed by customs checks
Companies leaving by the thousands - thus loss off tax
Extra custom staff
Extra civil servants to deal with foreign trade
Extra staff to take over issues previously covered by EU
Loss of university grants

I could go on, but you get the drift.

I await a list of benefits of Brexit

Yerda

Veteran Member
I have friends who voted Tory. As working class Scots living in the central belt they are among the most gullible people alive at present but I still love them.

As for non-Scots and non-friends, the main frame through which I view UK politics is this: Roughly 30% of the English vote is motivated out of pure spite and can be relied upon to vote for whoever promises the most racism aimed at immigrants and hysterics about culture wars. I can't do much about this except shrug my shoulders.