• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

i totally have lost all signs of evolution

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
You mean like how Danuvius Guggenmosi is a "missing link" between Proconsul Africanus and Sahelanthropus?

Or how Sahelanthropus is a "missing link" between Danuvius Guggenmosi and Australopithecus?

Or how Australopithecus is a "missing link" between Sahelanthropus and Homo Erectus?

Or how Homo Erectus is a "missing link" between Australopethicus and Homo Sapiens?
At some point of study of these things, a light goes off, and you realize that ALL life forms are transitional forms. The species as we know them today are also transitional forms, since they are in transition from what came before to what is yet to come. There are no boxes of stabilized forms. The names that we give to different species are merely conveniences for what we have discovered.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
At some point of study of these things, a light goes off, and you realize that ALL life forms are transitional forms. The species as we know them today are also transitional forms, since they are in transition from what came before to what is yet to come. There are no boxes of stabilized forms. The names that we give to different species are merely conveniences for what we have discovered.

Exactly.

I like the hypothetical Dawkins once laid out in one of his books. I think it was in the greatest show on earth...

Let's imagine ALL your ancestors of the male lineage lined up in their adolescent body, one next to the other, holding hands.
So you're holding your father's hand, he holds his father's hand and so on. Millions of years into the past.

You walk accross the seemingly endless line of ancestors.
Eventually you'll be walking past ancestors that won't be homo sapiens.
Yet it would be impossible to stop at a specific generation and say "this one isn't a homo sapiens" while the one he's holding hands with is a homo sapiens. It's so gradual that you can pick any random individual in that lineup, and the individuals near it would always be of the same species as the individual picked out. Yet if you skip several 1000 individuals, then you'ld see clear changes.

Just like this text, as I'm sure you've seen before:

upload_2020-1-22_22-23-2.png

Milton Platt

I am not satisfied with an idea of the theory of evolution
Because no old book proves that there were creatures evolved
Not even in the stories of ancestors that there is a being that evolved from an object
Besides, there are no traces of failed attempts to create
All I watch is the continuous extinction of creatures

I am the heavens photographer who draws on the water board (painting), and every day I was draw a creatures in it and then i can breath on some things, and it becomes a separate object to this earth
And every day I draw in the heavens on this painting and over the years I gathered many creatures
Do you know who I am? ( He is God)
Speech refers to God, just I want to clarify the idea of creation

Painters draw daily many designs that may be different or may be close to each other
It is easier than evolution, years, and that God is a slow and unreasonable creator

It's hard to make heads or tails of this post.
I don't know why you would think a "being" would evolve from an "object" or why it would happen in the span of a human lifetime. Neither of those things are predicted by the theory of evolution. I think you need to actually read up on what the theory of evolution is and the evidence supporting it.

I will ignore the painter analogy for a god. It doesn't bear a reply.

Audie

Veteran Member

Like a lot of other things it takes (gasp) actual work and study
to understand!

Our benighted creationist friends have never tried that.

The history of the earth and its life form is profound
and fascinating, but you just cannot lesrn from a youtube
video.

See if you can find a copy of Romer's
Compsrative Vertebrate Anatomy.

Audie

Veteran Member
Exactly.

I like the hypothetical Dawkins once laid out in one of his books. I think it was in the greatest show on earth...

Let's imagine ALL your ancestors of the male lineage lined up in their adolescent body, one next to the other, holding hands.
So you're holding your father's hand, he holds his father's hand and so on. Millions of years into the past.

You walk accross the seemingly endless line of ancestors.
Eventually you'll be walking past ancestors that won't be homo sapiens.
Yet it would be impossible to stop at a specific generation and say "this one isn't a homo sapiens" while the one he's holding hands with is a homo sapiens. It's so gradual that you can pick any random individual in that lineup, and the individuals near it would always be of the same species as the individual picked out. Yet if you skip several 1000 individuals, then you'ld see clear changes.

Just like this text, as I'm sure you've seen before:

View attachment 36446

If there is an afterlife would it not be cool if
there is a receiving line of your ancestors, like
you described?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Like a lot of other things it takes (gasp) actual work and study
to understand!

Our benighted creationist friends have never tried that.

The history of the earth and its life form is profound
and fascinating, but you just cannot lesrn from a youtube
video.

See if you can find a copy of Romer's
Compsrative Vertebrate Anatomy.
Would you be surprised to know that I grew up believing in a 6000 year old earth with a literal six day creation? I went to the university part time as a married, working adult woman. It took time to get through the various sciences, geology, biology, anthropology, etc., but I did. The evidence piled up. Homo habilus was overwhelming for me one day when I was around 28 -- I left home that morning a creationist, and when I returned that evening, I had accepted evolution.

I still remember the sensation of my mind undergoing a massive realignment, and wondering what was going to be left when it was done. Remarkably, my religion weathered the storm, but not without changing.

At any rate, I value greatly the contributions of science, and am especially turned on by the fact that science is self-correcting. For me, science and faith will always be complimentary.