• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I thought this could only happen in the U. S. ...

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure how this is criminal incitement. He said some crappy things, but he wasn't exactly calling for violence.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That is exactly what I meant when I said that in my country we have a wider notion of freedom of speech, than in other countries.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That is exactly what I meant when I said that in my country we have a wider notion of freedom of speech, than in other countries.
In France too. We call it "freedom of thought".

Obviously a parliamentarian tried to implement the very same "regime" into Italy, but the Parliament blocked the law.
Why? Because the art. 4 violates
1) Freedom of thought, article 21 of the Constitution
2) the Montesquian principle of determinateness of the rule of law (called principle of legality).

Zan bill: Italy’s senate blocks anti-homophobia law

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Everything that starts in the US has a fair chance to swap over to us. That is how cultural hegemony works.

Very true
The first paragraph of art. 5 of the GG is identical to our art. 21.
And by the way, a priest is protected by art. 4 of the GG, since his religious convictions are within the wider freedom of religion.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Is the OP shocked that US evil exists elsewhere? We may have exported it, or it may have already existed. Sadly what could not happen is the arrest. Our First Amendment means that our preachers of hate speech do not have to look nervously over their shoulders when they lie about others.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Very true
The first paragraph of art. 5 of the GG is identical to our art. 21.
And by the way, a priest is protected by art. 4 of the GG, since his religious convictions are within the wider freedom of religion.
It's not that simple. You can't cry "fire" in a crowded theatre. And as an Evangelical Pastor your speech is even more limited by the doctrines of the church.
Europe is going a bit wild "hate speech" laws, I admit. But at the moment the Pastor is only indicted. Let's wait what the courts have to say.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It's not that simple. You can't cry "fire" in a crowded theatre. And as an Evangelical Pastor your speech is even more limited by the doctrines of the church.
Europe is going a bit wild "hate speech" laws, I admit. But at the moment the Pastor is only indicted. Let's wait what the courts have to say.

I understand. The context is important too. He was in a seminary, if I understood correctly.
Teaching students.
A teacher has the right to express their own opinions, while teaching.