• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I thought it was antifa/BLM?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Here's the video shown at the beginning of today's hearing. It includes audio from the insurrectionists as they coordinated among themselves and talked about executing members of Congress.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
D.C. Cop Refutes Newsmax Host’s Bizarre Claim He Was Mistaken for Antifa at Capitol Riot (msn.com)

Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone pushed back on Newsmax host Greg Kelly’s bizarro suggestion that Capitol insurrectionists mistook Fanone for antifa when they nearly beat him to death on Jan. 6, flatly pointing out he was in “full uniform” that day....

...While questioning Fanone during Tuesday’s hearing, Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD) referenced the Newsmax host’s tweet almost in real-time, asking Fanone if he could put the ridiculous suggestion to rest.

“Apparently in some nether-regions of the internet, it is being said that you, Officer Fanone, could have been mistaken for antifa and that’s why you were nearly beaten to death that day and carried by the crowd,” the Democratic congressman said. “Is there any way you think you were mistaken for antifa?”

Pointing out that he “was in full uniform” and that his shirt was adorned with his departmental patch, Fanone further noted that one of the rioters took a souvenir that day from him.

“I had my badge on until somebody ripped it off my chest,” he added. “I don’t believe I was mistaken for a member of antifa.”

Kelly’s antifa conspiracy may not have even been the most absurd right-wing theory tossed Fanone’s way on Tuesday. For instance, conservative writer Julie Kelly—a frequent Fox News guest of Tucker Carlson’s—outright called the D.C. police officer a “crisis actor,” citing his “many tattoos” as evidence and questioning the injuries he received.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Jan. 6 rioters told Sgt. Gonell, 'You're not even an American,' officer says (msn.com)

U.S. Capitol Police Sgt. Aquilino Gonell said Tuesday that he was subjected to racist and xenophobic insults as he fought to protect the Capitol from a violent mob of Trump supporters on Jan. 6.

"Apparently even through my mask they saw my skin color and said, 'You're not even an American,’" Gonell told members of the House select committee investigating the attack.

Gonell, who immigrated to the U.S. from the Dominican Republic as a child, is a naturalized citizen and an Iraq War veteran....

...Gonell’s account was in line with the testimony provided by other law enforcement officers at Tuesday’s hearing. Capitol Police Officer Harry Dunn testified that he and other Black officers had been subjected to racist slurs by the rioters. D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer Daniel Hodges described the Jan. 6 attack as a “white nationalist insurrection.”

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Caller left vicious voicemail as Fanone testified: 'I wish they would have killed all you scumbags' (msn.com)

Michael Fanone, a D.C. Metropolitan police officer, received a threatening, expletive-laced voice message on Tuesday while he was testifying before the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

In the voicemail, the caller said he wished Fanone had died.

"I wish they would have killed all you scumbags, 'cause you people are scum," said the caller, who also used homophobic, racist and sexist slurs. "And (expletive) too bad they didn't beat the (expletive) out of you more."

"You want an Emmy? An Oscar? What are you trying to go for here?" the caller says.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Pro-Trump political commentator Julie Kelly called police officers testifying at the Capitol riot inquiry 'crisis actors' (msn.com)

Julie Kelly, a pro-Trump political commentator who has appeared as a guest on Fox News, called police officers testifying at the Capitol riot hearing on Tuesday "crisis actors."

"Crisis actor" is a term used by far-right conspiracy theorists to refer to those who have been hired to manipulate public opinion by lying about events as victims and witnesses.

Speaking about the testimony of DC Metropolitan police officer Michael Fanone, Kelly tweeted: "Crisis actor Fanone just beat on the table and said it's 'disgraceful!' that any elected official denies his narrative of what happened on January 6."

Wandering Monk

Pro-Trump political commentator Julie Kelly called police officers testifying at the Capitol riot inquiry 'crisis actors' (msn.com)

Julie Kelly, a pro-Trump political commentator who has appeared as a guest on Fox News, called police officers testifying at the Capitol riot hearing on Tuesday "crisis actors."

"Crisis actor" is a term used by far-right conspiracy theorists to refer to those who have been hired to manipulate public opinion by lying about events as victims and witnesses.

Speaking about the testimony of DC Metropolitan police officer Michael Fanone, Kelly tweeted: "Crisis actor Fanone just beat on the table and said it's 'disgraceful!' that any elected official denies his narrative of what happened on January 6."

I have complete empathy for the officers, but you have to admit that their opening statements seemed very scripted. Notice for instance NONE of them used the words rioters or insurrectionists in those statements. They all used the word terrorist. Also, citing a Carnegie-Mellon study sounds like something a Congressional staffer would write. I would bet that their statements were written by Congressional staffers or other activists.

Also, they all had to dab their eyes. Seems way too scripted.

And the poorly timed and amateurish pounding on the table was too theatrical to be genuine.

They would have been better letting them use their own words.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
I have complete empathy for the officers, but you have to admit that their opening statements seemed very scripted. Notice for instance NONE of them used the words rioters or insurrectionists in those statements. They all used the word terrorist. Also, citing a Carnegie-Mellon study sounds like something a Congressional staffer would write. I would bet that their statements were written by Congressional staffers or other activists.

And the poorly timed and amateurish pounding on the table was too theatrical to be genuine.

When you have something more than just your own suspicions, let us know. In the meantime, try and appreciate just what those officers went through. As Fanone (and I think one other) spoke to, they literally thought they were going to die that day.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity

What would you have changed in their presentation to make it feel truthier?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
So last night Fox News hosts Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingram mocked and bashed the officers who testified at this week's hearings. I won't link to or post videos of their despicable garbage, but having seen it I was immediately reminded of this....

147f38c6e40bae0c2917ab9359c6c5e4cdc6096e7c3b87aeb25de8fbd1f22c58.jpg

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Exclusive Video: Glenn Allen Brooks, 61, Of Huntington Beach Arrested Thursday In Connection To Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol Riot (msn.com)

Federal agents ready to raid the home of Glenn Allen Brooks, wanted for participation in Jan. 6 Capitol riots, Thursday morning in Huntington Beach. (CBSLA)

One of Brooks’ neighbors who did not want to be identified told CBSLA that the incident is still stunning to watch.

“There were assault weapons, full body armor, like top and bottom, battering rams, like it seemed like it was going to be something…they were getting ready for something,” the neighbor said. “It was actually kinda scary. I thought it was fake.”

According to the criminal complaint, a member of Brooks’ prayer group first tipped off federal agents back in January when, in a group chat, the Orange County man shared a photograph of himself standing in the crowd that had broken into the U.S. Capitol.

Someone from his prayer group turned him in to the feds? Hilarious!! :D