1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured I think men are less committed to faith than women.

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by Jonathan Bailey, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Bompu Zen Man with a little bit of Bushido.

Ratings:
    +8,837
    Religion:
    Zen Buddhism
    Well statistically men don't live as long as women. It's probably why whenever we're thinking of old people in church, there's more women in the pews than men because almost all the men died!

2. IndigoChild5559

IndigoChild5559 Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Ratings:
    +932
    Religion:
    Judaism
    In culture after culture, women are in charge of enculturating the young. That means that women would have to be in charge of treasuring the age old traditions, stories, etc. Remember, though, that we are speaking in broad generalities. There's plenty of exceptions on both sides.

3. Milton Platt

Milton Platt Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,463
    Religion:
    Atheist
    You are going to get int the "nature versus nurture" debate here.
    There are all sorts of variables involved here, and all sorts of reasons people (male or female, young or old) go to a church.
    Force of habit, socialization, appeasement of a family member's wishes, actual belief in the dogma, enjoys singing in the choir, business contacts, social pressures..........

I suspect it has more to do with external factors than brain wiring.

4. Marcion

Marcion Tantra-Yoga Universalist

Ratings:
    +541
    Religion:
    Manava (human) Dharma, no religion, but Neo-Humanism
    A lot of Indian holy men and devotees who were born as men started playing a female role en some even spontaneously grew breasts.
    The idea is that God is the ultimate male (creator) and compared to Him we are best all in a female subsmissive position as caring compassionate loving beings.
    I believe this was the also the case in many other traditions around the world until the strong cultural influence of Christianity supressed it.