• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I think I'm "feeling" more spiritual

MissAlice

This forum is not an easy place for me to word feelings or "experiences" especially on one where everyone seems very academically bright.

I'm not sure how to word these feelings. I still remain a great skeptic and do not believe in any creationer but there is a still this strong "feeling" of maybe wanting to believe in something? As a child I had trouble going to my grandmother's churches and making sense of a god who was both loving and in my logic evil or that which made to make his creations only to destroy or torture them. I realize now not all faiths believe in this yet it's still intersting the amount of faiths who deeply and revelantly believe in such a case.

To move on, I've recently been more and more disturbed of death than I used to be. These couple of years I've lost family members and friends whom I took for granted. I have gone to support groups and therapists. Still bothes to me this day. None of them can help me and I don't think anyone can.

fatima_bintu_islam

None of them can help me and I don't think anyone can.

This is the very starting point every believer start with. When you finally understand that no one can help you, you start to realise that only God can help you and that you are a poor creation of His who needs His mercy.

Maybe you still didnt reach such a state, but what I told is based on experience :)

MissAlice

Thank you fatima.

I'm still at a loss of words and although I don't believe in religion, it felt something akin to "spiritual" or a word or chemical in the brain that is hard to define. I don't think it was god or spiritual or anything outside myself but I can't say it didn't feel or seem like any of those. I can't define it since I haevn't studied enough about the human brain. The "experience" made me feel closer to and then gone again with my family and friends.

MissAlice

Anyway is silly. I wish there was forum ascribed for people mentally insane for people like me.

fatima_bintu_islam

Anyway is silly. I wish there was forum ascribed for people mentally insane for people like me.

DOnt say such a thing about yourself :no:, each human being go through different and unbelievable experiences regarding feelings.

Human beings are very complex beings , so anyone go through similar experiences as yours , but not everyone has enough courage as you have to talk about it.

May ALlah appease your heart, Ameen.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'd say the path to sanity begins with recognizing our own individual brand of insanity.
Your thread is far from silly. It's interesting, unlike those designed to foment arguments.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Sorry to hear of your losses.

When you say it doesn't seem like something outside of yourself, could you explain what you mean in a bit more detail, please? :)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
If it turns out that it you are insane, Alice, then it sure isn't obvious from your postings.

Have I suggested some reading on clinical philosophy already? Or some Albert Camus, perhaps?

There is a book on the matter, "Ana e o Dr. Finkelstein", that I plan to take a look into.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
This is the very starting point every believer start with. When you finally understand that no one can help you, you start to realise that only God can help you and that you are a poor creation of His who needs His mercy.

Maybe you still didnt reach such a state, but what I told is based on experience :)

Not all people follow such a path, you know :)

Nothing wrong with being a theist, but it really isn't for everyone. Maybe it suits MissAlice, but I don't quite get that vibe from her.

Gauss

I was raised Christian and saw some strange things among the clergy that pretty much took away my belief in Christianity. Never could make sense of trinity, faith is everything etc.... Does not make sense at all.

I searched and searched for many years and then I found this book about self-cultivation called Zhuan Falun. It is an amazing book and holds the truth of human life I believe. It aims at Body-Mind-Soul cultivation and its benefits for health, serenity and wisdom is just amazing I find. Now I do not worry at all about my personal future, however I worry about other people´s future who can not find a meaning in life.

This cultivation method is called Falun Dafa and has spread to more than 100 countries in less than 20 years with about 100 million practitioners.

Read Zhuan Falun here:

Download Falun Dafa Falun Gong books and articles: books

Wish you good luck in your search!