• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I think I have a connection to the Chthonic world

Maponos

Welcome to the Opera
I've only come to realize this very recently but it's all very eery how things add up and connection.

To start, my astrological sign is Scorpio and Scorpio is ruled by Pluto (the god of the Underworld) and Mars and Scorpio itself is strongly associated with the Underworld.

This will make sense later, but my Chinese zodiac year is the year of the Dog.

As a child, I was heavily interested (more like obsessed) with witches, magic and ghosts. So intense was (and pretty much still is) my interest in these subjects that people around me started worrying that I might 'be giving myself over to the devil' or some related nonsense.

My middle name means 'earth' and my first name means 'king'. At first, I didn't pay attention to this, but now it seems like this may have been meant to be. Could it be related to the King of the Underworld? Since chthonic deities are associated with the earth itself.

The deity who I most strongly associate myself with is Hekate. She is a very, very chthonic goddess and is the goddess of sorcery, cross roads and necromancy (among many other things). Dogs are said to bark in her presence.

When I was looking up my Chinese astrology, I came up as an extremely Yin person. Yin is often associated with death and graves, which is another chthonic aspect.

Dogs are heavily associated with the underworld. As with Hekate, in Celtic mythology, Arawn (the lord of the Underworld in Welsh mythology stemming from a common Indo-European source) has white hunting dogs with red ears.

Also worthy of note is that dogs are often believed to be very sensitive to the paranormal (you can see this all over the channel Animal Planet).

Now that I've realized all of this, I feel like I can really grow spiritually and find strength in the gods that are more relevant to me.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It makes perfect sense. I'm much the same. My Western Sun Sign is Virgo, but my Rising Sign is Scorpio and Scorpio shows up more than any other sign in my full chart. In the Chinese Zodiac, I was born in the Year of the Snake, which is basically equivalent to Scorpio. In the Aztec calendar, I was born on the day of Death.

Death, both physical and metaphorical, have been the biggest themes in my life. My Goddess is strongly associated with the transformative, ego-death side of Death. I also have a strong attraction to the Aztec Death God, Mictlantecuhtli. It is simply our fate, I suppose. It was written before we were born.

The deity who I most strongly associate myself with is Hekate. She is a very, very chthonic goddess and is the goddess of sorcery, cross roads and necromancy (among many other things). Dogs are said to bark in her presence.
I see some problems with this paragraph. These are bad traits which cause one to follow after negative energy and cause one to find pleasure in evil origins. Cross roads are demonstration of confusion. Sorcery has never been a good thing as it control both the person controlling and the one controlled to be problematic and removes free will and suspends good will and perfect conscience. Are there many good things about witchcraft. Its almost like saying in context. if you cant have him no one will.