• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I think I found a minimalist dream van to buy.

Nimos

Yaiks...i think even for me there is a car I could buy.
It will be fully electrical and actually very futuristic.

But for me, it is one drawback and that it has to much digital advancements and to much automatic control. That I do not like.
Maybe this one then?

Cabriolet and seems the safety features are decent, except that im pretty sure that it doesn't have airbags. But easy to park :)

gettyimages-51271949-1024x1024.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You want something electric and vety basic take a look at the Citroen Ami (if available up in the wild north)

It's not quick (48kph) and it sure isn't pretty (photo below) but it's cheap and does the job of transporting up to 2 people up to 75km per charge.

1200px-Citroën_Ami_2020_(1).jpg

The twins car. In France it classed as a vsp (vehicle sans permis) so you can drive onw from age 14 without a license.

Edit, when i say basic, there is very little in the way of padding/comfort and if you want an odometer you have to download an app

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You want something electric and vety basic take a look at the Citroen Ami (if available up in the wild north)

It's not quick (48kph) and it sure isn't pretty (photo below) but it's cheap and does the job of transporting up to 2 people up to 75km per charge.

View attachment 57575
The twins car. In France it classed as a vsp (vehicle sans permis) so you can drive onw from age 14 without a license.

Edit, when i say basic, there is very little in the way of padding/comfort and if you want an odometer you have to download an app
Anyone have a cuto-meter I need it now :D that's a cute car

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It will be fully electrical and actually very futuristic.

But for me, it is one drawback and that it has to much digital advancements and to much automatic control. That I do not like.
I never thought of you as being so fancy.
You seem more....
OIP.jMX7vDJd-XCi03YQ_SigMwHaE8

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It will be fully electrical and actually very futuristic. But for me, it is one drawback and that it has to much digital advancements and to much automatic control. That I do not like.
71734_68fc6f6b060876d85f397476da7a05a6.jpg

Thirty years ago, you might have custom painted it and begun touring with the Grateful Dead. VW vans were always quite popular with the Deadheads (you might recognize the bears):

upload_2021-11-16_11-7-36.jpeg
upload_2021-11-16_11-8-23.jpeg

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

View attachment 57575

I would buy that for our second vehicle..... yes!
I have been interested in EVs for some years, only held back by battery prices etc. Our second vehicle would only be needed for taking my wife 2.5 miles to and from her job, or shopping, etc, and since most of the 'to work' journey is along 20mph restricted roads the 28mph top speed is no problem at all.

Sadly these little darlings are not here for purchase and so I have been looking at Electric Vespas. But I got lucky in October...... the IT exec director for Bloombergs (in the city) had purchased an Indian 'vespa' for commuting travel and this hadn't worked out for him. I bought it for about half full purchase price. It has 50 miles range and can manage 28mph unless re-chipped for 45mph. My wife and I used to whizz around London streets on a vespa, 30 years ago, and after a test ride around our town she agrees that I could take her to and from work on it in any emergencies.

But I'll be keeping an eye out for little EVs like the citroen! Oh yes! :)

p1020691.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

View attachment 57575

Where's Barbie and Ken?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

View attachment 57575

I have seen those cars in older version:) cute as heck :)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
They underwent testing at an arctic test center in northern norway so i assume they are ok at least until the guarantee runs out
I would test it for at least 8 years imv.

Still I don't personally want to drive in a Barbie car. *grin*

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I would test it for at least 8 years imv.

Still I don't personally want to drive in a Barbie car. *grin*

Battery is guaranteed 8 years so no problem there.

They are certified road worthy perhaps under much stricter requirements than needed for US roads