• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Think I am Broken...

Buttercup

Veteran Member
All women are flawed.
(And all are crazy....their brains have hormone pumps fueling a random thought generator, & no censorship buffer.)
Decide which flaws you can tolerate, & which you can't.
Then you'll discover that a few women acceptable.
But if not, consider a fembot.
Wow, Ms. Revolt is so LUCKY to have that level of romance in her life. Dang, I envy her. o_O:D

Then you'll discover that a few women acceptable
^^^ That quote by Revoltingest? Don't listen to him. It's not sound advice to give your heart away to a woman who's only 'acceptable'.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wow, Ms. Revolt is so LUCKY to have that level of romance in her life. Dang, I envy her. o_O:D
She could'a done better.
But hey...when we're young, our judgement isn't what it could be.
^^^ That quote by Revoltingest? Don't listen to him. It's not sound advice to give your heart away to a woman who's only 'acceptable'.
In this context, I'm thinking of his claim that he likes'm, but then dumps'm cuz of the flaw.
By "acceptable", I'm thinking of women he likes who have flaws he can live with.

Btw, there's a potential problem with fembots too.
They might find him, a grayish meatsack, unacceptable.
Fembots are typically programmed with high standards.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Hey folks,

I would like to welcome some feedback to a problem I have been having with relationships (with ladies, not snowmen. Despite what @Wirey might tell you...).

So, the basic pattern so far goes a bit like this:
  1. Q Meets Girl
  2. Q Likes Girl
  3. Q Dates Girl
  4. Q Gets Restless/Bored
  5. Q Finds Flaw in Girl
  6. Q Breaks Up With Girl
  7. /end
This sucks, I don't mean to do this. I mean it! I don't ever want to hurt anyone and I want something meaningful. After poking around on the interwebs a bit, I have affectionately called this process the "grass is greener" syndrome. In short, when I get to step 4, I begin to do apples to apples comparisons with whoever I am with to someone I am not with. Obviously, my mind builds up a fantasy/flawed perspective and the girl I am with is set up for failure.

I want to stop this! I don't know what to do or how to handle it. :( I feel like a big jerk and I want to quit it. I just... don't know where to start.

Thanks for reading, Q

Everyone has flaws. The "right" person is not someone without flaws, but someone whose virtues make you overlook their flaws.

suncowiam

Hey folks,

I would like to welcome some feedback to a problem I have been having with relationships (with ladies, not snowmen. Despite what @Wirey might tell you...).

1. Q Meets Girl
  2. Q Likes Girl
  3. Q Dates Girl
  4. Q Gets Restless/Bored
  5. Q Finds Flaw in Girl
  6. Q Breaks Up With Girl
  7. /end
This sucks, I don't mean to do this. I mean it! I don't ever want to hurt anyone and I want something meaningful. After poking around on the interwebs a bit, I have affectionately called this process the "grass is greener" syndrome. In short, when I get to step 4, I begin to do apples to apples comparisons with whoever I am with to someone I am not with. Obviously, my mind builds up a fantasy/flawed perspective and the girl I am with is set up for failure.

I want to stop this! I don't know what to do or how to handle it. :( I feel like a big jerk and I want to quit it. I just... don't know where to start.

Thanks for reading, Q

Are you absolutely sure on why you're getting bored and restless?

Give us an example of your most recent situation. What were you comparing to and from?

The way I see it is that one has to absolutely root out the issue before tackling it.

atanu

Premium Member
Hey folks,

1. Q Meets Girl
  2. Q Likes Girl
  3. Q Dates Girl
  4. Q Gets Restless/Bored
  5. Q Finds Flaw in Girl
  6. Q Breaks Up With Girl
  7. /end

Thanks for reading, Q

I think your natal venus is conjunct your natal south node of moon. :D

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Hey folks,

1. Q Meets Girl
  2. Q Likes Girl
  3. Q Dates Girl
  4. Q Gets Restless/Bored
  5. Q Finds Flaw in Girl
  6. Q Breaks Up With Girl
  7. /end

Thanks for reading, Q

You are creating straw-women, and using limited anecdotal evidence to reinforce your impressions of a hypothetical and non-existent ideal. I think you should work on spending more time listening to your prospective ladies and allowing them to express themselves to you rather than continually working on this straw-woman. :D One is the real lady with all of her warts and beauty marks, and the other is a fiction. You are getting bored with the figment of your imagination (which is probably always the same) not the woman.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
A wise person one told me:

Some men follow their heads
Some men follow their hearts
And then, some men follow their *ricks

And sometimes, you can change what you follow