• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I think God will understand

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Hi,

I understand what your saying, however dispensation is just a fancy theological word for revelation, there is no reason to imply a meaning to it other than the one given to us by God's word.
No, dispensation is not the same nor does it have the same meaning as revelation. A revelation is what is revealed by God, but a dispensation is a period of time when that revelation is in force.

The gospel of Jesus (His revelation) was written for the dispensation of Jesus. That dispensation ended when Muhammad appeared and abrogated it with His revelation (the Qur'an). Then after that the Bab and Baha'u'llah abrogated the dispensation of Muhammad with a new revelation from God.
When Jesus said:
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
He did not put any limitations on this statement, as if it had a use-by-date.
Doing so is going "beyond what is written".(1Cor 4:6)
Jesus dis not say:
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man ever cometh unto the Father, but by me for all time.

To assume that the New Testament was the only and last and final Word of God is to go beyond what is written, especially because Jesus also said the following, indicating that more truth would be revealed in the future.

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

John 16:12-13 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Baha’u’llah did everything Jesus said the Spirit of truth would do.
Anyone attempting to undermine this inspired sayings (by Christ), and other revelations by using secular or pseudo-religious reasoning such as Abdu'l-Bahá used extensively in his work, cannot be a true prophet, and will only serve to complicate the simple words of truth from the bible.(1John 4:3)
Believe whatever you want to believe. You have free will.

PearlSeeker

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
To understand this verse we must take a look at some other verses:

34Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat /... /

37Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You something to drink? 38When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39When did we see You sick or in prison and visit You?’

40And the King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for Me.’
(Mt 25)

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. (Mt 7:21)

This puts the above verse ("No one comes to the Father except through me.") in a different perspective. It doesn't exclude from salvation someone who doesn't consciously believe and declare faith in Jesus.