• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I think God will understand

Eyes to See

Do you believe all people from other religions go to hell/or soul destruction?

The Bible teaches that whoever sins dies as a consequences. It teaches that a human life is the soul. That is you are a soul you don't possess one. And that the wages of sin is death. When you die you have paid for your sin. You cease to exist. God can resurrect you to life again, that is bring you back to existence from the dead, or non-existence. And that is the Biblical hope for all humankind that has ever died:

(Genesis 2:7) And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. American Standard Version.

(Ezekiel 18:4) . . .The soul who sins is the one who will die.

(Ecc 9:5, 10) The dead know nothing at all...there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.

(John 5:28, 29) Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment

(Romans 6:23) . . .For the wages sin pays is death. . .

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Where? Source please. But remember thousands of years ago people did not think language like that is so bad
Matthew 15:26

Jesus never preached to the Gentiles. It was Paul who did the most to spread it among Gentiles, after having his "vision" (he never met Jesus).

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
But if the soul can't be killed how can God kill the soul?
God can not kill the soul. period

And if you mean God does not kill the soul.. what did you mean with "He might kill you"? Kill you in what way?
Most people identify themselves heavily (not heavenly) with ego
So, the best gift of God will be to kill your attachment to your ego

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Are you kidding me? Its NOW that "dog" is a friendly thing because people love dogs and people say "hey dawg", no, back then it was a HUGE INSULT, one of the worst things was to be called a dog or a pig.

I also wrote:

I think he not meant it literal. And Jesus said love your neighbor and enemy so no he was not a bad person. He was kind and loving

Starlight

Matthew 15:26

Jesus never preached to the Gentiles. It was Paul who did the most to spread it among Gentiles, after having his "vision" (he never met Jesus).

How do you know Jesus never preached to the gentiles? Did you live 2020 years ago?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yeah, I was totally offended by that part of the New Testament and what a jerk he was seemingly acting like, and how people try to present this false narrative of this really nice and loving guy, whereas the character described in the New Testament is totally acting like a huge jerk to almost everyone (I really dislike the character, even the Buddha is a big jerk in a lot of stories but people present a similar picture of Buddha as they do with Jesus, and totally ignore the actual described behaviors and statements), and if you're God or a God or whatever and can easily and effortlessly do some magical thing and help someone, why would you be such an annoying jerk about it and degrade people and put them down and make them beg or continue to beg when you can just easily heal them or help them in an instant or whatever, gosh!

I've shown that story and those behaviors in multiple quotes, and people are like totally blind to it, its really gross, its like no one even cares, they just want to stick to whatever or say "they must've deserved it" or whatever.
It's the same as how they go out of their way to excuse all the genocide in the Bible. That one is the most disturbing example of it.

In the world many people worship more than one God. I think God do not care so much about that. Why? Because when people worship many gods they give thanks to the gods. So God may the thinking " They thought many gods have made this world, and gave thanks to the gods for it. That means they understood a source/sources was behind this world and worshiped it. So in reality they worshiped me but believed I was many gods. ...

I think the problem with that is, how can people give credit for something that doesn’t deserve it. For example, people have kept a golden calf as a god. It is not reasonable. And I think that is the problem, the lack of right understanding (righteousness).

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
(Deuteronomy 6:14, 15) . . .You must not follow after other gods, any gods of the peoples who are all around you, 15 for Jehovah your God who is in your midst is a God who requires exclusive devotion. Otherwise, the anger of Jehovah your God will blaze against you and he will annihilate you from the face of the earth.

(Deuteronomy 4:24) For Jehovah your God is a consuming fire, a God who requires exclusive devotion.

Jehovah says that he requires exclusive devotion. And that is not a bad thing. Think about it. Jehovah is the true God. He created all things. The gods the people of the world worship are not real. They cannot help them. And all those who worship them will become just like them:

Our God is in the heavens;
He does whatever he pleases.
Their idols are silver and gold,
The work of human hands.
A mouth they have, but they cannot speak;
Eyes, but they cannot see;
Ears they have, but they cannot hear;
A nose, but they cannot smell;
Hands they have, but they cannot feel;
Feet, but they cannot walk;
They make no sound with their throat.

The people who make them will become just like them,
As will all those who trust in them.

-Psalm 115:3-8.

Jehovah definitely gives you a choice as to whether you will serve false gods or not. But he makes it quite clear that they cannot save you. And you will become like them.

I respect your thoughts on this matter. These are mine:

For all the peoples will walk, each in the name of its god,
But we will walk in the name of Jehovah our God forever and ever.

-Micah 4:5.

...and what about The Bhagavad Gita? The Qur'an? The Adi Granth? The Kitáb-i-Aqdas? The Agam Sutras? The Tripitaka? The Avesta? Why should we uncritically accept your holy book without question while rejecting all of the others?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
How do you know Jesus never preached to the gentiles? Did you live 2020 years ago?
Because he plainly says he's there to preach to the Jews only. There's no stories of him preaching to Gentiles. He heals some who request it but never is said to try to spread his teachings among them. He was a Jew and he doesn't seem to have been trying to create a new religion. I think Jesus would be extremely shocked and appalled at Christianity, especially the godman stuff.

Not trying to detail your thread. Just something that stands out to me.

Starlight

God can not kill the soul. period

Most people identify themselves heavily (not heavenly) with ego
So, the best gift of God will be to kill your attachment to your ego

Oh.. ok now i understood you :) I misunderstood what you meant. Im sorry
But how do you know God can't kill a soul? What if God actually can kill a soul?

Starlight

Because he plainly says he's there to preach to the Jews only. There's no stories of him preaching to Gentiles. He heals some who request it but never is said to try to spread his teachings among them. He was a Jew and he doesn't seem to have been trying to create a new religion. I think Jesus would be extremely shocked and appalled at Christianity, especially the godman stuff.

Not trying to detail your thread. Just something that stands out to me.
He will also be shocked that you try to tell people he was a bad person. Jesus was not a bad person. He said loves your neigbor and enemy. He said be kind to everybody and he said many wise loving words. He was one of the most loving person on earth.

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 15 - New International Version
(Jesus first ridicules the Jews for not murdering their children as God commands them to by God's Laws, and then)

"
15 Peter said, “Explain the parable to us.”

16 “Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. 17 “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”

The Faith of a Canaanite Woman
21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment."

Matthew 7:6
6“Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Revelation 22:15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
Philippians 3:2
2 Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh.

Psalm 22:16
16 Dogs surround me, a pack of villains encircles me; they pierce my hands and my feet.

Luke 16:19-31
19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’ 25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’ 27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ 29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ 30 “ ‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’ 31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ ”

Exodus 22:31
31 “You are to be my holy people. So do not eat the meat of an animal torn by wild beasts; throw it to the dogs.

Eyes to See

...and what about The Bhagavad Gita? The Qur'an? The Adi Granth? The Kitáb-i-Aqdas? The Agam Sutras? The Tripitaka? The Avesta? Why should we uncritically accept your holy book without question while rejecting all of the others?

There are many reasons why. One that I think of off hand to share with you is the fact that Jehovah God from heaven declared that he would have witnesses for his name that would declare what he has decided to do for humankind. This prophecy was made thousands of years ago. And here we are in the last part of the last days of this old system and Jehovah has witnesses in all the earth declaring what he is going to do:

“You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah,
“Yes, my servant whom I have chosen,
So that you may know and have faith in me
And understand that I am the same One.
Before me no God was formed,
And after me there has been none.
I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”
“I am the One who declared and saved and made known
When there was no foreign god among you.
So you are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah, “and I am God.

Isaiah 43:10-12.

Jehovah says this about his illustrious name:

I am Jehovah. That is my name;
I give my glory to no one else,
Nor my praise to graven images.
 See, the first things have come to pass;
Now I am declaring new things.
Before they spring up, I tell you about them.”

Isaiah 42:8, 9.

He will not share his glory with false gods and graven images.

Jehovah has made a challenge to all the other gods to raise up for themselves witnesses and imbue them with power and knowledge to declare to the nations what will happen. The challenge to these other gods!:

“Present your case,” says Jehovah.
“Produce your arguments,” says the King of Jacob.
“Produce evidence and tell us the things that will happen.
Do tell us about the former things,
So that we may reflect on them and know their outcome.
Or declare to us the things that are coming.
Tell us what will happen in the future,
So that we may know that you are gods.
Yes, do something, good or bad,
So that we may be amazed when we see it."

-Isaiah 41:21-23.

The gods of the nations do not have witnesses declaring in all the earth God's will for humankind and what he now intends to do. Why?:

 Look! You are something nonexistent,
And your achievement is nothing.
Anyone who chooses you is detestable.

-Isaiah 41:24.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ah the false promises just keep rolling in.
Consider for how long the Hindu and Buddhist civilisations have been going on without being destroyed by non-manmade forces.

The most important thing I can get from the Bible is that one can say they have a Faith and at the same time be dead.

Our own actions bring upon that death, in life and it was Jesus the Christ that offered that the dead can bury the dead.

One God wants life for us, it is us that chooses death.

Regards Tony

Starlight

I am convinced that God won't get upset about such an issue at all, after those are His children, hence His responsibility. Was also a smart hint He gave in the Bible "thou shall not judge", hence God, being the best Teacher will set the perfect example, hence He will never judge anyone. He might kill you, but not judge you.

God is not so loving if he/she don't judge our actions. Actions has consequenses. A loving parent sometimes judge a child to learn the child not to do it againt/learn the child the action was bad. A God who just not care what we do is not really Loving
A God does not care what we do is like a teacher who ses bulliying but do not care

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
New In the world many people worship more than one God. I think God do not care so much about that. Why? Because when people worship many gods they give thanks to the gods.

From what I have read in scriptures, I see God wants us to worship the One God as a united humanity.

I think when we choose not to do this, we choose our own punishments. I see that the world is built on opposites, which reward and punishment are part of this creation. In a science sense we could say that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Regards Tony

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Oh.. ok now i understood you :) I misunderstood what you meant. Im sorry
I use words like "might", because we have not set a definition of God all agree on AND of course I don't know what God thinks/wants etc.
So, thanks for questioning me, reminds be again that I should not impose my mind/ideas on God

But how do you know God can't kill a soul? What if God actually can kill a soul?
:D
I don't know this for a fact. In Hinduism they define soul as being immortal, and I use that definition
I stayed with a Master in India for 10 years and He also declared that a soul can't die