• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I start college today

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Im going for my associates in early childhood education. This semester I'm only taking one class Intro into early childhood education. Next semester I shall take child guidance and child development 1

All the best.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Accept financial aid. Don't work your way through. It adds a number of hassles that can overwhelm you if you suddenly are short on time or have some kind of bump in your schedule, such as illness, family problem or can't get a ride etc.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If anyone has advice for me I'd appreciate it

Congratulations.

I probably don't have any advice for you that you don't already know. You need to not miss classes, and you need to study and learn the material. Some habits that helped me were to make notes not just from the class, but also from the text - something comprehensive yet more in outline form than the text. Write, then say it out loud. If you're fortunate enough, try to teach it to somebody - perhaps a fellow student. And have fun. I recall in medical school learning the contraindications for drugs (who shouldn't get that medication) with a few other students with some gallows humor - how do I kill this guy? He's asthmatic and wheezing. A beta blocker ought to finish this guy off.

I'll share the advice my father gave me and later my sister before we went off to college. To me, he said, "Son, if you do this right, you'll want a remote control for your zipper." To my sister, he said, "If I hear your using that thing for anything other than peeing out of, I'm coming after you."

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
If I hear your using that thing for anything other than peeing out of, I'm coming after you
(in an amused tone)
This seems to be a misunderstanding of female anatomy. Folk do not tend to have sex in their uthrea.

I say your sister assuming shes afab mustve followed that direction whether she had sex or not.

Last edited:

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
(in an amused tone)
This seems to be a misunderstanding of female anatomy. Folk do not tend to have sex in their uthrea.

I say your sister assuming shes afab mustve followed that direction whether she had sex or not.

Yeah, it's all a great mystery to most men. Fortunately, I didn't miss that day of medical school, and took good notes including illustrations.

Here are Jerry Seinfeld and George discussing the mystery as many men experience it: "Nobody knows what to do. You just close your eyes and hope for the best. I really think they're happy if you just make an effort." (About oral sex, but done tastefully)

Brian2

Veteran Member
Im going for my associates in early childhood education. This semester I'm only taking one class Intro into early childhood education. Next semester I shall take child guidance and child development 1

I hope it goes well.
You could find a neighbour's kid to practise on.