• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I should be happy

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
It's My Birthday!
Sounds like you're right at the end of the introversion spectrum, rather like me (and, I suspect, so are rather a lot of folk on internet forums).
One of the cleaners I know ending up being good friends with one of her clients - my aunt.
I hear introverts tend to be cat people.:)I prefer cats and I'm an introvert, too.

Truthseeker

It's My Birthday!
I surmise that lack of character is why the divorce rate is so high. When the spouse is no longer useful to make the other spouse happy, they are thrown away, like an old pair of shoes.
That's hilarious! And so true in many cases.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That's hilarious! And so true in many cases.
It is true but I don't think it is funny. I may never find a man and I am caring less and less each day.
My counselor who is about three years younger than me told me that if he was widowed she would not want to get married again. She said she has had enough of marriage, having been married about as long as I was. She said she would be happy to live alone with her cat, but she has lots of girlfriends to do things with, unlike me.

Truthseeker

It's My Birthday!
It is true but I don't think it is funny. I may never find a man and I am caring less and less each day.
My counselor who is about three years younger than me told me that if he was widowed she would not want to get married again. She said she has had enough of marriage, having been married about as long as I was. She said she would be happy to live alone with her cat, but she has lots of girlfriends to do things with, unlike me.
Sorry, I considered the "old pair of shoes" analogy funny. It's especially true when old men discard women when they get older and are less attracive as all people are when they get older. I suspect that of Trump.

Truthseeker

It's My Birthday!
She said she has had enough of marriage, having been married about as long as I was. She said she would be happy to live alone with her cat, but she has lots of girlfriends to do things with, unlike me.
This is also true of me like you. If Sara dies, I would have no friends I would do things with. Of course I would do the usual Baha'i activities with them, but maybe nothing else. It would be hard for me to develop that with a person around here now. Maybe someone would have sympathy about me and do things with me, but I doubt I would take that initiative.

Truthseeker

It's My Birthday!
Actually when I think about it I do have a friend I do things with other than Sara. I post here with you. Of course, it is not in person, but posting to people online is an activity I find meaningful that I share with you.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
This is also true of me like you. If Sara dies, I would have no friends I would do things with. Of course I would do the usual Baha'i activities with them, but maybe nothing else. It would be hard for me to develop that with a person around here now. Maybe someone would have sympathy about me and do things with me, but I doubt I would take that initiative.
At least you have the Baha'is to do things with, and you do a lot of things alone at home, like watching football and other sports and posting here. But Sara is there and you two do some things together. For many years, I did not do anything with Lewis, but he was here, although for the last few years it was as if he was not even in this world. Even before he got sick he would not even go out with me anywhere, so I had to do all the shopping alone. It really was a nightmare after he got sicker and sicker, I don't even like to think about it.

I could socialize with the Baha'is if I wanted to but all they have are Zoom meetings and I don't like those although I will make an exception for you and my counselor.

Truthseeker

It's My Birthday!
I could socialize with the Baha'is if I wanted to but all they have are Zoom meetings and I don't like those although I will make an exception for you and my counselor.
Yeah, I don't understand why you don't like looking at yourself. But whatever the reason, you could request that at least some meetings be in person and not on Zoom. There's no health reason any more to have all meetings be Zoom meetings. It wouldn't hurt to ask. You could Email and ask this to be considered. Frankly state why you do not want to attend Zoom meetings. I don't think you would be judged for wanting meetings in person for the reason you state. The Bahais where I am at wouldn't judge like that.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yeah, I don't understand why you don't like looking at yourself. But whatever the reason, you could request that at least some meetings be in person and not on Zoom. There's no health reason any more to have all meetings be Zoom meetings. It wouldn't hurt to ask. You could Email and ask this to be considered. Frankly state why you do not want to attend Zoom meetings. I don't think you would be judged for wanting meetings in person for the reason you state. The Bahais where I am at wouldn't judge like that.
I do not like looking at myself on Zoom. I never look at myself in the mirror either. :D
I could check with the local Baha'is as to whether there are any in-person Feasts or other meetings. I think they said they planned to have hybrid Feasts where those who want to attend in person and others remain on Zoom. Most Baha'is who are active in my community are older and have health issues so they prefer Zoom meetings.

The Baha'is probably have in-person meetings in the Tacoma community and there might be some eligible Baha'is up there since that community is very large, but since I cannot drive on the freeway that means I am limited.