• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I seen a face from the corner of my eyes

Vinny21

Hi people, I'm a newbie and not quite sure if I'm posting this thread in the correct discussions my apologies if I failed. So I started this job pouring concrete, I got a call from some one that was interested an a quote, so me and my father went to there house, They welcomed us in there home and offered us fruit which was very kind of them but one of the things that I notice was a couple of pictures of a women on the walls which resembled some sort of god in there Religion my apologies for being ignorant but i just don't want to assume what god she is another thing I notice is that there are gammadion cross or cross cramponnée outside there house painted red long story short we got the job a week later I was passing by the kitchen window to pour the cement and I seen the womens face thats on there wall twice from the corner of my eyes thru the kitchen window and when I looked directly at the glass window she disappeared It did not scare me or anything like that I was just curious to why it happened, I was going ask the nice people who is that women on there wall and tell them why I asked but I decided to just keep it to myself. Sorry that my English and Grammar is very poor I'm still learning but What do you Guys think of this situation?? I Just need some closure..

Thanks for taking the time to read my post :)

Last edited:

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Sounds interesting.. can you further describe the Goddess in the portrait in the house? Maybe I can tell you something.... I had to look up what was a "gammadion cross", I think you mean a swastika. This might be Hindu.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Well, there's a wide range of possible explanations of this event. Be it; Remembering the picture and hallucinating it. The fact that things, seen only by the corner of the eye, are unclear and similar colors seen may remind you of a picture you remember. Or, most likely, just another example that our senses aren't always interpreting information accurately.

Vinny21

Well, there's a wide range of possible explanations of this event. Be it; Remembering the picture and hallucinating it. The fact that things, seen only by the corner of the eye, are unclear and similar colors seen may remind you of a picture you remember. Or, most likely, just another example that our senses aren't always interpreting information accurately.
thanks

Vinny21

Sounds interesting.. can you further describe the Goddess in the portrait in the house? Maybe I can tell you something.... I had to look up what was a "gammadion cross", I think you mean a swastika. This might be Hindu.
The swastika Had 4 dots in-between them

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Are the people of Indian descent?

Now one possible paranormal explanation is that they ask this god to watch over and protect their home. And with strangers coming to work on the home, this is exactly what the god did; provide a watchful eye.

From here I can't judge the likelihood of seeing reflections or other non-paranormal explanation. So I'm offering a paranormal explanation as only a possibility.

Parsimony

Here is a study about how infrasound was found to be the cause of a haunting. It may have some relevance to your experience: http://web.archive.org/web/20110929...herts.ac.uk/ghost/Something-in-the-Cellar.pdf

Here are some excerpts:

The journalist described a feeling as if a balloon was being pushed between his shoulder blades and an intense feeling of a presence. Eventually he reported that the face of a woman seemed to be peering over his right shoulder.

The findings of this investigation would seem to support the effects described in the
Ghost in the Machine (Tandy and Lawrence 1998). To find exactly the predicted
frequency was astonishing and the experiment was repeated several times to ensure
that it was not an anomaly of the equipment. While reluctant to rule out other
frequencies in the infrasound band, clearly 19 Hz must be of particular interest. The
dimensions of the corridor leading to the cellar fit well with the assertion that it is
resonating at this frequency and contains a standing wave.

Vinny21

Are the people of Indian descent?

Now one possible paranormal explanation is that they ask this god to watch over and protect their home. And with strangers coming to work on the home, this is exactly what the god did; provide a watchful eye.

From here I can't judge the likelihood of seeing reflections or other non-paranormal explanation. So I'm offering a paranormal explanation as only a possibility.

Yes the people are Indian descent and I agree i was thinking maybe they ask there god to watch us

Vinny21

Here is a study about how infrasound was found to be the cause of a haunting. It may have some relevance to your experience: http://web.archive.org/web/20110929...herts.ac.uk/ghost/Something-in-the-Cellar.pdf

Here are some excerpts:

The journalist described a feeling as if a balloon was being pushed between his shoulder blades and an intense feeling of a presence. Eventually he reported that the face of a woman seemed to be peering over his right shoulder.

The findings of this investigation would seem to support the effects described in the
Ghost in the Machine (Tandy and Lawrence 1998). To find exactly the predicted
frequency was astonishing and the experiment was repeated several times to ensure
that it was not an anomaly of the equipment. While reluctant to rule out other
frequencies in the infrasound band, clearly 19 Hz must be of particular interest. The
dimensions of the corridor leading to the cellar fit well with the assertion that it is
resonating at this frequency and contains a standing wave.
I was using binary sounds for meditation last month I hope that have nothing to do with it

George-ananda

Premium Member
I read this article, thanks for posting. It seems infrasound can produce the nausea and etc. feelings. The article said the source of the infrasound was a mystery in this cellar case.

The source of energy to create the standing wave remains a mystery. Most visitors
come to the centre in the summer and the events described by Mr Cook took place in
pleasant weather conditions.

To me this seems to allow for the speculation that an entity (spirit) in the environment produces the infrasound.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
upload_2014-11-7_19-2-23.jpeg

Parsimony

I read this article, thanks for posting. It seems infrasound can produce the nausea and etc. feelings. The article said the source of the infrasound was a mystery in this cellar case.

The source of energy to create the standing wave remains a mystery. Most visitors
come to the centre in the summer and the events described by Mr Cook took place in

To me this seems to allow for the speculation that an entity (spirit) in the environment produces the infrasound.
That would seem like a convenient coincidence.

Fireside_Hindu

Jai Lakshmi Maa
There is also the phenomenon of matrixing (pareidolia) to consider: Pareidolia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your eye could be interpreting other reflections off the window as a woman's face. The human mind is primed to recognize faces - it's a biological necessity. So we are so good at it that we sometimes see one where there is none. Just another possibility.

George-ananda

Premium Member
That would seem like a convenient coincidence.
Maybe I wasn't clear. This sense of sudden nausea, etc. seems to happen in places where various other haunting type phenomena occur. The fact that this infrasound would happen in the same location as other phenomena (physical phenomena) is what would seem an odd coincidence.

I watch a lot of serious ghost investigation shows so I think I'm smart.:cool:
:D

Parsimony

Maybe I wasn't clear. This sense of sudden nausea, etc. seems to happen in places where various other haunting type phenomena occur. The fact that this infrasound would happen in the same location as other phenomena (physical phenomena) is what would seem an odd coincidence.

I watch a lot of serious ghost investigation shows so I think I'm smart.:cool:
:D
In at least one haunting case, the source of infrasound was in fact discovered and found to be a fan. It caused those classical ghostly happenings such as seeing things out of the corner of your eye, strange sensations and even movement of a saw blade. If we know infrasound can do all of those things on its own and it can be generated by something in the physical environment, there isn't much reason to blame spirits for causation (at least in some circumstances. I'm not sure how infrasound could explain some of the more extreme poltergeist reports).

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

So this is off the OP, if someone wants it removed ask me and I will delete it.

I went and found a 19Hz sound sample. The supposed haunting frequency. And I shall not be listening to it again, I am still trying to settle the anxiety attack it gave me...... >_<.

George-ananda

Premium Member
I went and found a 19Hz sound sample. The supposed haunting frequency. And I shall not be listening to it again, I am still trying to settle the anxiety attack it gave me...... >_<.
Very interesting, Hammer. Now what I wonder is what are the possible sources and likelihood of us encountering 19Hz sounds of sufficient volume in the real world. I still see possibility for my theory that haunting spiritual entities produce infrasound in this range as these nausea and anxiety attacks seem to happen in places were other haunting phenomena seem to occur that are not associated with 19Hz infrasound. Just theorizing.

I wonder what professional haunting investigators know about this subject. They use all kinds of high tech equipment that I think would look for stuff like infrasound. Maybe I should do some online research myself as I'm now very curious.