• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I reveal all

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
But let's talk a little more about the subject of being self-absorbed. Us narcissists have a very Philosophical "truly, the only thing we can be sure that exists, is us." view. I think the honest ones do try though. On Quora, people confuse narcissism with a sort of "serial killin" mentality. It's horrible. The way I plan to make things work for myself here is by being honest, trying, working a little at a time, and making light of myself. Sometimes by the time you make people laugh with your rather morbid sense of humor, they accept the whole package. I also feel that yes, dark humor sometimes leads to narcissism.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I want to tackle the subject of the existence and nature of God and finally make a decision on the matter, whether He is worth my time thinking about.
dude.....it's the other way around

as for the difficulty of growing up...…..you are such a wimp

more than once
in my old neighborhood....a total stranger would walk up to you....
and slam a fist in your eye socket...as if to knock you down

no words
damn near lost my left eye over that over crap like that

home was more difficult

left the housing projects when I was fifteen.....hitch hiking across America
never looked back

as for abilities.....you are NOT my equal

when I was sooooooo much younger
Uncle Sam came to the school with a survey test......schools across the country.....spot checking
timed event close scrutiny

my test score in science came back as ….superior
I've gotten a lot better since I was thirteen

what did I learn?.....

My fellowman is an ape

he will snatch and grab
he will attack without warning
he will point his fat finger at me, as he sits on his lazy ***

shall I reveal more?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I want to study more on the subject of Yin & Yang. I can't really define my religion once again, only my political beliefs. Oh well though -- I mean, I don't post in the DIRs because I wouldn't know well enough what option to choose.

You can post in the "Seekers Circle" and it sounds like you are a seeker at least in some sense.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

more than once

no words

home was more difficult

never looked back

Uncle Sam came to the school with a survey test......schools across the country.....spot checking

what did I learn?.....

My fellowman is an ape

he will snatch and grab

shall I reveal more?

Thanks for the post! I still think I know how to turn a thread into a good time, if given the chance. Whether or not my stories are believed.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I find the OPs story quite believable, who would want to fake a story like that??

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@sooda ,

Maybe I can shed some light? In America most public schools have a individuals on staff whose job is to identify children with above average intelligence. The purpose for identifying these children is 2-fold. The obvious straight forward purpose is to allow academically high-achieving children to advance more quickly in their studies as a practical matter. ( Note: social and psychological implications are also taken into account on a case by case basis ) The second purpose is to prevent problems often associated with children who are "too smart for their own good".

The process for identification of these children involves standardized testing which is administered in almost all public schools.

hyperlink >>> wikipedia.org - Gifted education

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I skipped my Freshman year of High School. Skipping two years is pretty gifted.

sooda

Veteran Member
@sooda ,

Maybe I can shed some light? In America most public schools have a individuals on staff whose job is to identify children with above average intelligence. The purpose for identifying these children is 2-fold. The obvious straight forward purpose is to allow academically high-achieving children to advance more quickly in their studies as a practical matter. ( Note: social and psychological implications are also taken into account on a case by case basis ) The second purpose is to prevent problems often associated with children who are "too smart for their own good".

The process for identification of these children involves standardized testing which is administered in almost all public schools.

hyperlink >>> wikipedia.org - Gifted education

Yes, I know.

A Vestigial Mote

more than once

no words

home was more difficult

never looked back

what did I learn?.....

My fellowman is an ape

he will snatch and grab

Basically starts out asserting that God is the one sizing up @AT-AT, though you have absolutely NO WAY of knowing this, demonstrating it, proving it, etc. If this was your idea of "schooling", then you basically just woke up and have barely even started to pack your lunch with utter crap like this.

And then you continue on to compare the size of your emotional battle scars, state that you're a super duper smarty pants, and then take a crack at the rest of the human race besides yourself.

shall I reveal more?
This deserves nothing else but an emphatic "hell no."

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I still think people may need to chillax. Thief's post was made in jest. It was funny.

I guess if people are also uneasy about the given subject, I think I can prove about 35 percent of my claims, but I would prefer to do so through PM as it would involve me getting emails and such and showing them.

I didn't quite think that my subject would come off quite as strongly as it did. But that's human perception for you.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'll post a weak form of proof on the board, it's okay to post:

Screenshot_20190610-115842~2.png

Screenshot_20190610-115655~2.png

I have medium-strong forms of proof, but I can't really post them in public. I'm also gathering everything so more may come.

PureX

Veteran Member
Not sure how much of this stuff will even seem credible. But yeah, here I am, existing in this plane of existence.
I have heard some amazing life stories sitting in AA meetings. Enough to know that some very, very strange things happen to people, and the rest of us never know about it.