• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Realized That I'm Really Old!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm watching the Three Stooges in "A Pain In The Pullman".
It was made in 1936.
Only 20 years later, I began watching this & other Stooge episodes.
The stooges were all alive, & their work was still current.
But soon, in 20 years, that short will be a century old.
Dang!

So how do you know you're really old too?

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
When my teenage grandkids thought my Led Zeppelin albums were large, black CD's....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I got it made my 17 year old's favorite singer is Frank Sinatra and my 12 year old's favorite group is AC/DC. I'll never be old.
You're so old that kids are learning to like such things because of a history class!

Some trivia regarding A Pain In The Pullman....

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
You're so old that kids are learning to like such things because of a history class!

Some trivia regarding A Pain In The Pullman....

No Idea surprised me. The oldest just bought a collection of Sci-Fi movies. Dr Cyclops 1940, Cult of the Cobra 1955, The Land of the Unknown 1957 and the Deadly Mantis 1962 all before I was born and all I have never seen.

They also both love Godzilla the original movies.

pearl

When I discouraged my kids from watching the Three Stooges because they were
too 'violent'. The wisdom of the aged gets a bad rap when the questions you have the answers for are no longer asked, or even relevant. When leaving the grocery checkout someone asks if you need help to the car. The gray hair signals its ok for a stranger to address one as 'honey'. etc., etc., etc.

Vee

Premium Member
It was made in 1936.
Dang!

"Some day you'll be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." C.S. Lewis

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I am NOT old. I repeat, I am NOT old. My body may be aged 72, but that has nothing to do with me. Old is still 20 years into the future although that might be getting down to 19 soon.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am NOT old. I repeat, I am NOT old. My body may be aged 72, but that has nothing to do with me. Old is still 20 years into the future although that might be getting down to 19 soon.
Geeze....if that's your age in dog years, then in human years you're around 500....wow!

Akivah

It was made in 1936.
Dang!

When I tell people that life is possible without cell phones. We used to function just fine without them.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
When I discovered that all the, original, main characters in the ORIGINAL Hawaii 5 O, which ran from 1968 to 1980...were dead...and for this.....I BLAME THE INTERNET!!!!

PureX

Veteran Member
It was made in 1936.
Dang!

I remember watching the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show. I watched the "hippies" passing through my town on their way to Woodstock, NY for the big concert and I saw man's first step in the moon on live TV. I saw Led Zeplin play live in 1973.

Many of the people in the news today weren't even born, yet, then.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
When I worked in the Electronics department at Venture circa 1980, we used to sell "camping televisions." A box about the size and shape of a small computer tower...mostly a heavy small battery and an oldstyle TV screen (B&W, of course) of 4 inches. I have no recall of what they cost, but they weren't cheap. We didn't sell a lot of them, but they'd on occasion go on sale, and in a week we might sell four or five.

At the time, I could not believe that anyone would want to watch a tiny screen while camping. I asked several, and it was always men, who explained that they wanted to be able to watch games while at their campsite (c'mon guys, ever hear of radio?). Most of these were people for whom camping was a popup, camper, or RV, and so they ran generators at least part of the time.

I now see people watching movies, TV shows, Youtube, etc., on little tiny screens. I still can't believe people LIKE even the vastly superior images that you can get on a phone, that are still so tiny...

However, I really started to feel older after I started teaching, when students were familiar with shows like Gilligan's Island or Andy Griffith because they've been in reruns on Nick at Night or whatever, but had never seen a popular movie from a year or two ago...

And the fact that they couldn't understand 4 TV stations TOTAL, no home computers or internet, and phones that plugged into the wall, and you had to sit or stand within whatever length of phone cord you happened to have...