• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I prayed to all the gods, none have answered back...

Okay. So I am chronically ill. I was raised in a Christian family. My mum kept telling me Jesus would heal me. But after time I realised my belief in him and prayers were doing nothing. Even when I tried sincerely to hold onto the faith. So I became atheist. But every now and again I still get the urge to pray. So I pray to other deities from other religions since Jesus didn't respond. Well, mostly Hindu deities since I like Hinduism (Durga/Shiva). But still nothing.

Maybe I should try praying to as many different gods as possible from as many different pantheons and see if any of them decide to respond and help me? Maybe I should at least try it. I don't think gods are really out there, but maybe if they are one will actually show themselves to me. Why should I believe in a being that supposedly has the power to manifest itself but doesn't? Are they not real? Do they just not care? Maybe they are not really powerful afterall?
What kind of illness do you have? Have you tried seeing any faith healers? Sometimes God wants His name to be glorified through someone, so that He guides us to believers through which The Holy Spirits manifests itself and provides you with the healing you were praying for?