• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I own that"

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This is what a leader does. He owns the problem and the responsibility. He speaks the truth clearly and can easily articulate what is being done to solve the problem. He knows that the "buck" for the state stops at his desk.

“All of that frustrating you, certainly frustrating me,” he said. “The testing space has been a challenging one for us, and I own that, and I have a responsibility as your governor to do better, and to do more testing in the state of California.”
Newsom acknowledged the shortfall in California’s coronavirus testing in his Saturday briefing, saying, “I own that, and you deserve more and better.”

Frustrated Newsom calls on task force to fix coronavirus testing shortfall – East Bay Times

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Sounds great. I'm happy for that leadership.

inb4 "Trump / McConnell / Barr lives up to that description in other ways" responses
Unlike the orange haired orangutan inthe White House who refuses to take responsibility, not even for his own dumb*** handling of corona.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
This is what a leader does. He owns the problem and the responsibility. He speaks the truth clearly and can easily articulate what is being done to solve the problem. He knows that the "buck" for the state stops at his desk.

“All of that frustrating you, certainly frustrating me,” he said. “The testing space has been a challenging one for us, and I own that, and I have a responsibility as your governor to do better, and to do more testing in the state of California.”
Newsom acknowledged the shortfall in California’s coronavirus testing in his Saturday briefing, saying, “I own that, and you deserve more and better.”

Frustrated Newsom calls on task force to fix coronavirus testing shortfall – East Bay Times

It depends on whether he fixes the problem or not.

He is pretty good at faux responsibility and setting up task forces. They may decide nothing can be done about it. :shrug:

If he does something great, if not this is just SOP for him.

Analysis: Newsom now ‘owns’ homelessness, for better or worse – Lake County Record-Bee

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It depends on whether he fixes the problem or not.

He is pretty good at faux responsibility and setting up task forces. They may decide nothing can be done about it. :shrug:

If he does something great, if not this is just SOP for him.

Analysis: Newsom now ‘owns’ homelessness, for better or worse – Lake County Record-Bee
So character means nothing to you. Honor means nothing. Responsibility means nothing.

Of course I want him to fix it.

But I'll always honor someone of good character who is doing her or his best to deal with what is on the plate.

And from what I can see, he's succeeding with a lot of help. The testing backlog is going down dramatically for one thing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Unlike the orange haired orangutan inthe White House who refuses to take responsibility, not even for his own dumbass handling of corona.
You just made an enemy for life!
tmg-article_tall.jpg

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
So character means nothing to you. Honor means nothing. Responsibility means nothing.

Of course I want him to fix it.

But I'll always honor someone of good character who is doing her or his best to deal with what is on the plate.

And from what I can see, he's succeeding with a lot of help. The testing backlog is going down dramatically for one thing.

Hell, I take responsibility for it. Does that give me honor? Do I have character now?
"I own it". Those are easy words to say. So what exactly is he saying he did wrong? What is he saying he is going to change about his behavior so he doesn't make the same mistake again.

Words are easy for politicians. They make their living on saying the right words to the right people.

Creating a task force? I'll create a task force too. It'll have about as much power as his task force will. He doesn't even listen to his own task force.

Sorry, a bunch of gobbledygook from a politician, I don't find impressive.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Hell, I take responsibility for it. Does that give me honor? Do I have character now?
"I own it". Those are easy words to say. So what exactly is he saying he did wrong? What is he saying he is going to change about his behavior so he doesn't make the same mistake again.

Words are easy for politicians. They make their living on saying the right words to the right people.

Creating a task force? I'll create a task force too. It'll have about as much power as his task force will. He doesn't even listen to his own task force.

Sorry, a bunch of gobbledygook from a politician, I don't find impressive.
You find the animal waste products flowing from the inhabitant of the White House more impressive?

But as to results - I found all of these in a few minutes.
  • California has enough ventilators for now to loan some out.
  • The infection and death rates are very low for a state of its size and population.
  • Testing backlogs are down by two- thirds.
  • He's working to address the impact of homeless people in the spread of the disease.
  • Website created for donations and supplies of needed medical equipment.
  • Child care for those on the front lines addressed.
  • Executive order expands telehealth services.
  • Hospital bed count expanding - will be an additional 50000 soon.
  • Web site created for health-care professionals to volunteer California Health Corps - Coronavirus COVID-19 Response

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
You find the animal waste products flowing from the inhabitant of the White House more impressive?

Thought we were talking about Newsom

But as to results - I found all of these in a few minutes.
  • California has enough ventilators for now to loan some out.
  • The infection and death rates are very low for a state of its size and population.
  • Testing backlogs are down by two- thirds.
  • He's working to address the impact of homeless people in the spread of the disease.
  • Website created for donations and supplies of needed medical equipment.
  • Child care for those on the front lines addressed.
  • Executive order expands telehealth services.
  • Hospital bed count expanding - will be an additional 50000 soon.
  • Web site created for health-care professionals to volunteer California Health Corps - Coronavirus COVID-19 Response

What did Newsom do wrong? What is he now doing right?
What mistake did he make that he is taking responsibility for?

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What did Newsom do wrong? What is he now doing right?
What mistake did he make that he is taking responsibility for?

What? I'm responsible for many things not because I've done something dumb but because they're my responsibility.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
What? I'm responsible for many things not because I've done something dumb but because they're my responsibility.
and when the SHTF....will you own that too?

being responsible ….in the face of pending doom.....

and you want to ….responsible?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

"Newsom acknowledged the shortfall in California’s coronavirus testing in his Saturday briefing, saying, “I own that, and you deserve more and better.”

Ok, seems to be saying here that he owns the shortfall, but not really. :thumbsup:
Got it.