• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Omnist

Urban Omnist

It can be difficult to pin Omnism down to a thumbnail answer because it means such different things to different people. For me, Omnism is very simply the belief that all belief systems have the same value and are therefore both right and wrong. We feel that there is an ultimate truth, (though perhaps unknowable) and that everyone comes to it from a different angle depending on their personality, cultural and social bias and any number of other preferences. By choosing to focus on the things belief systems agree on, instead of where they disagree, we hope to come to greater understandings about life.

There are many approaches however. Some are single faith Omnists like Muslim Omnists, Buddhist Omnists or Neo-Pagan Omnists, or (like myself) Omnist Omnist. A Christian Omnist might choose to worship and believe in God as a Christian, but at the same time feels that his/her faith is neither superior or inferior to anyone else's system of belief. In my videos I try very hard not to remind viewers that my version of Omnism is only "my" version and that there are many ways to approach the belief system. Ask another Omnist, you might get a very different answer. :)

IOmnist

Wordsmith
It can be difficult to pin Omnism down to a thumbnail answer because it means such different things to different people. For me, Omnism is very simply the belief that all belief systems have the same value and are therefore both right and wrong. We feel that there is an ultimate truth, (though perhaps unknowable) and that everyone comes to it from a different angle depending on their personality, cultural and social bias and any number of other preferences. By choosing to focus on the things belief systems agree on, instead of where they disagree, we hope to come to greater understandings about life.

There are many approaches however. Some are single faith Omnists like Muslim Omnists, Buddhist Omnists or Neo-Pagan Omnists, or (like myself) Omnist Omnist. A Christian Omnist might choose to worship and believe in God as a Christian, but at the same time feels that his/her faith is neither superior or inferior to anyone else's system of belief. In my videos I try very hard not to remind viewers that my version of Omnism is only "my" version and that there are many ways to approach the belief system. Ask another Omnist, you might get a very different answer. :)

well stated.

Urban Omnist

My apologies, please drop the "not" from the last paragraph. The sentence should read, " In my videos I try very hard to remind viewers that my version of Omnism is only "my" version and that there are many ways to approach the belief system.". I must have been tired.

IOmnist

Wordsmith
My apologies, please drop the "not" from the last paragraph. The sentence should read, " In my videos I try very hard to remind viewers that my version of Omnism is only "my" version and that there are many ways to approach the belief system.". I must have been tired.

i'm a writer and i mess up on a constant basis. then i re-read stuff and kick myself in the head repeatedly...hmmm...maybe that is why i mess up so much.

Jumi

Welcome to all. I don't quite grasp what omnism is about, but you guys seem to be having fun with it. So I wish you the best stay here.

IOmnist

Wordsmith
Welcome to all. I don't quite grasp what omnism is about, but you guys seem to be having fun with it. So I wish you the best stay here.

fun is a part of the name of the game. A small fraction of Omnism is about that simple statement alone. It is discovery of ones own mind to go beyond the confines that it has been taught to adhere to. There is more to it than just us guys and us having fun. We are both serious and playful with it all. When one finds their own balance than the confines of life cease to exist. So, feel free to enjoy along with us, so long as there is no infractions on another persons garden then it's all good. Just dole out some positives and let others feel that you have good things to give about what it is that makes you tic, share yourself and be open and honest about it. cheerio!

Urban Omnist

Thanks Jumi! It's been really cool watching Omnism slowly blossom. I can't tell you all how great it is to find a forum like this where we can explore concepts and belief systems without all the usual friction we often encounter. To me, Omnism is more of a realization than a belief system per se, and it seems that many on this forum have already come to a similar realization purely by virtue of the fact that everyone seems able to talk about so many beliefs without deteriorating into fighting. It's really great to be here.:)

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
You need permission from moderators to post links to personal websites or blogs

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Try start a topic in SIte feedback which is for moderators, they should give you permission