• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I object to being called a "Cult"

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
JJ.jpg
No, I am not at all like Jim Jones

I have - by three separate people on three separate occasions - been accused of operating a cult

Nonsense!

I do not want to control anyone and I don't want anyone's money!

Hence I am not a cult

I am but a conduit for the higher power that I serve

I ask only to be heard and considered

Also, I have no followers.

And there is no such thing as a one-man cult

By definition a cult is an organisation so must consist of more than one individual

And no, my handful of social media followers don't count as "members" of anything, let alone as members of a cult

Also, I am not charismatic enough to be a cult leader, I assure you that in person I am quite dull

I could never inspire anyone to follow me into Hell and back!

So, no. I don't want your money. And I don't want to control you or tell you how to live your life, or even tell you what is right and what is wrong

That is not my business

I am but a conduit

A servant

An agent

I do not even want to be a leader!

Which is good, because I lead nothing! Not even myself!

This post is also published on my website/blog. Visit it at https://voiceofthesimulation.com

Why not judge for yourself whether or not I'm running a cult?

Lain

View attachment 57081

I have - by three separate people on three separate occasions - been accused of operating a cult

Nonsense!

Hence I am not a cult

By definition a cult is an organisation so must consist of more than one individual

And no, my handful of social media followers don't count as "members" of anything, let alone as members of a cult

Also, I am not charismatic enough to be a cult leader, I assure you that in person I am quite dull

So, no. I don't want your money. And I don't want to control you or tell you how to live your life, or even tell you what is right and what is wrong

That is not my business

I am but a conduit

A servant

An agent

This post is also published on my website/blog. Visit it at https://voiceofthesimulation.com

Calling things "cults" (in the sense that these people have accused you of) is stupid for a multitude of reasons in my opinion, laid out in this video:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
View attachment 57081

Nonsense!

Hence I am not a cult

That is not my business

I am but a conduit

A servant

An agent

Let's see... the eyes.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Calling things "cults" (in the sense that these people have accused you of) is stupid for a multitude of reasons in my opinion, laid out in this video:

If you think someone has called you a "cult", it is possible that you misheard, slightly. :D

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

Thank you. That's a useful video

I agree, many use the word "cult" in a derogatory way, just exhibiting their ability to discriminate others

This says more about the ones who discriminate others then it says about the groups

Suave

Simulated character
View attachment 57081

Nonsense!

Hence I am not a cult

That is not my business

I am but a conduit

A servant

An agent

I share and do in fact follow many of your beliefs, I certainly don't consider you to be a cult. Indications of us living in a simulation have only recently been discovered by scientists. As technology advances, and scientists become closer to being able to model and read a simulation of human consciousness, the simulation hypothesis will become more widely accepted.

Maybe it's indeed lights out and game over for everybody after ionic currents stop flowing across their brains' neurons, but who among us know for sure their characters won't be reanimated or re-simulated by God?

A study conducted by Henry Markram and his team at the Blue Brain project have successfully simulated elements of a rat’s neocortical column, a complex layer of brain tissue common to all mammalian species. " Henry Markram at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne and his team built their model based on experimental measurements of rat brain slices. The simulation represents roughly 37 million synapses, or neuronal connections, in the brain region that receives sensory information from the whiskers and other parts of the body. Using the model, the team simulated rat whisker movement and saw similar neuronal responses to those observed in rat experiments."

Computer model of rat-brain part - Nature.

I realize a computer simulation of a rat's neocortical column is nowhere near the complexity of a computer simulation of an entire living human brain, but this does demonstrate at least a bit of progress so far being made towards an entire human brain's consciousness being simulated by a computer.

Perhaps when scientists have figured out how to read the actual results of a consciousness simulation, then the simulation hypothesis will become a widely accepted theory.

Until then, I suppose the simulation hypothesis will mostly have its doubters. Simulated Suave lets out a big sigh!

I concur with Nick Bostrom's reasoning why we are very likely living in a simulated reality.

Bostrom argues that at least ONE of the following propositions must be true:

(1) The human species is very likely to go extinct before reaching a “posthuman” stage.

(2) Any posthuman civilization is extremely unlikely to run a significant number of simulations of their evolutionary history (or variations thereof).

(3) We are almost certainly living in a computer simulation.

Since there is a significant chance that a future generation of technologically advanced post-humans will run ancestor-simulations by powerful computers, then we are almost certainly living in a computer simulation.

Indications we might be living in a simulated reality:

1. A particle passing through a double-slit behaves as a wave causing an interference pattern when unobserved, but this same particle doesn't create an interference pattern when its path of travel can be determined by an observer. This collapse of the wave-function could be happening in order to save computational resources necessary for our simulated reality.

2. This mark of intelligence left in our genetic coding might be indicative of an intelligent designer, who may be responsible for the simulation of our reality. Our genetic code's creator has left this mathematical pattern in our genetic code conveying to me the symbol of an Egyptian triangle as well as the number 37 embedded in our genetic code.
Eight of the canonical amino acids can be sufficiently defined by the composition of their codon's first and second base nucleotides. The nucleon sum of these amino acids' side chains is 333 (=37 * 3 squared), the sun of their block nucleons (basic core structure) is 592 (=37 * 4 squared), and the sum of their total nucleons is 925 (=37 * 5 squared ). With 37 factored out, this results in 3 squared + 4 squared + 5 squared, which is representative of an Egyptian triangle.
I would not expect there to be a mathematical depiction of an Egyptian triangle stored within genetic coding if it were a naturally occurring phenomenon. The mathematical pattern of the number 37 being used as a key factor for conveying an Egyptian triangle might related to the gematria value of 37 appearing in the Hebrew language of Genesis 1:1.

genesis%2B11%2Bvalues.png

3. Theoretical physicist Dr. S. James Gates Jr. claims that a certain string theory, super-symmetrical equations describing the nature and reality of our universe, contains embedded computer codes; these codes have digital data in the form of 0's and 1's identical to what makes web browsers function, and they're error-correct codes.

In conclusion, with the wave-function collapsing in order to conserve computational power of a simulator device, a semantic message in genetic coding, and the computer coding found buried deep within the mathematical equations of super symmetry., seems to me like we are living in a simulation.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
View attachment 57081

Nonsense!

Hence I am not a cult

That is not my business

I am but a conduit

A servant

An agent

To me a cult is dependent upon how the members of it are treated by the leadership.

Hmmm. If your religion is a religion of one some of the standards are an automatic yes. Tell me, have you ever shunnned yourself?

Suave

Simulated character
To me a cult is dependent upon how the members of it are treated by the leadership.

Hmmm. If your religion is a religion of one some of the standards are an automatic yes. Tell me, have you ever shunnned yourself?

I too belong with the Voice of the Simulation. So far, I've been treated kindly by Eddi. I don't consider us as being a cult. I can't speak for Eddi, but I just simply acknowledge the likelihood of us living in a simulation.

Suave

Simulated character
As my fellow RF comrades know, I have God very well pegged as being a sims controller, a reality based virtual reality programmer of human consciousness, but there is very little in the way of music about us being simulated by God. Remarkably, I found a song appropriately titled Who's behind the door? begging the question of What's beyond our simulation.? This song was written in 1983, years before Nick Bostrom had logically -deduced us as being very likely living in a simulated reality, Who's behind the door was first performed 16 years before the science-fiction film the Matrix popularized the notion of humanity being trapped within a simulated reality.

I noticed at 4:10 in this music video, the twin facing towards me on the left has his shirt collar pulled way up past his chin appearing to simulate a mask over his chin. This, 37 years before people widely wore masks in order to prevent the spread of C.O.V.I.D.-19 infections. Coincidence? or a Matrix glitch?

Our genetic code's creator has left this mathematical pattern in our genetic code conveying to me the symbol of an Egyptian triangle as well as the number 37 embedded in our genetic code.
Eight of the canonical amino acids can be sufficiently defined by the composition of their codon's first and second base nucleotides. The nucleon sum of these amino acids' side chains is 333 (=37 * 3 squared), the sun of their block nucleons (basic core structure) is 592 (=37 * 4 squared), and the sum of their total nucleons is 925 (=37 * 5 squared ). With 37 factored out, this results in 3 squared + 4 squared = 5 squared, which is representative of an Egyptian triangle.

I would not expect there to be a mathematical depiction of an Egyptian triangle stored within genetic coding if it were a naturally occurring phenomenon. The mathematical pattern of the number 37 being used as a key factor for conveying an Egyptian triangle might be related to the gematria value of 37 appearing in the Hebrew language of Genesis 1:1.

You shall have no gods before the creator of the heavens and earth, life's creator!

genesis%2B11%2Bvalues.png

Last edited:

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I have God very well pegged as being a sims controller
That's where you and I differ :D

I believe there are The Simulation's controllers, and that they control The Simulation through what is known to us as "God"

But it is a minor point of disagreement

there is very little in the way of music about us being simulated by God
Check this song out, it is about a higher being wanting a lesser being to change

This song became the anthem of my 2004 breakdown, in which a higher being wanted me to change - prior to it communicating with me

I believe that in my life this song functioned to prepare me for when The Simulation began communicating with me, so I could make sense of what happened to me by referring to this song:

Suave

Simulated character
That's where you and I differ :D

I believe there are The Simulation's controllers, and that they control The Simulation through what is known to us as "God"

But it is a minor point of disagreement

Check this song out, it is about a higher being wanting a lesser being to change

This song became the anthem of my 2004 breakdown, in which a higher being wanted me to change - prior to it communicating with me

I believe that in my life this song functioned to prepare me for when The Simulation began communicating with me, so I could make sense of what happened to me by referring to this song:

Beautiful song! I like your new denomination of Christianity. Christian-themed Sim, My religion of Christian Matrixism is a Christian-themed Simiulationist religion.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Beautiful song! I like your new denomination of Christianity, Christian-themed Sim, My religion of Christian Matrixism is a Christian-themed Simiulationist religion.
Christian Matrixism?

I like it! :D

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I think it will start to look culty when the message is focused on who you are, the messager, as opposed to being about the message itself.

A Vestigial Mote

I noticed at 4:10 in this music video, the twin facing towards me on the left has his shirt collar pulled way up past his chin appearing to simulate a mask over his chin. This, 37 years before people widely wore masks in order to prevent the spread of C.O.V.I.D.-19 infections. Coincidence? or a Matrix glitch?

For some reason I felt compelled to take a look at this moment you describe in the video. Unfortunately for you, I feel that actually viewing the moment casts nothing but serious doubt on your conclusions. For one, the little tyke you're referencing is wearing a BOWTIE - that isn't his collar that is up on his chin. This is just to demonstrate that your interpretation and likely your ability to perceive things is just way off in the first place. Secondly, it is literally just barely up onto his chin. Just barely. It is tilted sideways, and so just the outward pointing tip of one side of the bowtie is in this space on the very bottom of his chin. Anyone wearing their mask like that is not really wearing a mask at all, can we agree on that? To the point that I can't even begin to see where you drew a parallel to mask-wearing from this little boy's bowtie being ever so slightly up onto his chin. You bolded "37" in your description of all this, as if it were just so obvious and your conclusions drawn already deemed acceptable, and that 37 was too many years before Covid for this to be "mere coincidence." From what I can tell, it's nothing. There is no "mask" being portrayed here - not even close. It's a kid who was sloppily dressed for a 37 year old music video. In other words, this is crap. Your conclusions are crap. There is no reason for anyone to be compelled toward your position if this is the kind of thing you have to offer as "evidence" that you are correct. You do yourself and your ideas no end of disservice by utilizing music videos as "evidence" in the first place - let alone to call out something as completely unrelated to your claims as this. Failure to impress? You've got it in droves.

Suave

Simulated character
For some reason I felt compelled to take a look at this moment you describe in the video. Unfortunately for you, I feel that actually viewing the moment casts nothing but serious doubt on your conclusions. For one, the little tyke you're referencing is wearing a BOWTIE - that isn't his collar that is up on his chin. This is just to demonstrate that your interpretation and likely your ability to perceive things is just way off in the first place. Secondly, it is literally just barely up onto his chin. Just barely. It is tilted sideways, and so just the outward pointing tip of one side of the bowtie is in this space on the very bottom of his chin. Anyone wearing their mask like that is not really wearing a mask at all, can we agree on that? To the point that I can't even begin to see where you drew a parallel to mask-wearing from this little boy's bowtie being ever so slightly up onto his chin. You bolded "37" in your description of all this, as if it were just so obvious and your conclusions drawn already deemed acceptable, and that 37 was too many years before Covid for this to be "mere coincidence." From what I can tell, it's nothing. There is no "mask" being portrayed here - not even close. It's a kid who was sloppily dressed for a 37 year old music video. In other words, this is crap. Your conclusions are crap. There is no reason for anyone to be compelled toward your position if this is the kind of thing you have to offer as "evidence" that you are correct. You do yourself and your ideas no end of disservice by utilizing music videos as "evidence" in the first place - let alone to call out something as completely unrelated to your claims as this. Failure to impress? You've got it in droves.

Thank you for your useful feedback. Whether it'd be a bowtie or pulled up shirt collar to chin level simulating a mask is just my own interpretation of what I perceived, just mere speculation on my part. Nothing more.

Last edited: