• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I no longer feel for religious/spiritual discussion

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This is something i noticed for some time and a reason why i been more silent and offline then before.

I can not see a good reason to have discussion that is lead to become argument against each others belief or faith.
Why should i critique or disagree with others when i my self does not hold the answer. My spiritual path is more and more inward so who should i disagree with? It can only be my self. No need to disagree with others, you are free to believe or practice what ever you wish without me telling you, you are wrong. i am happy for you in what you practice or believe. But i wish you to practice the best you can.

And yes i can discuss topics you may ask my understanding of, so we can together rise in wisdom:) and benefit from it together.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
No need to disagree with others, you are free to believe or practice what ever you wish without me telling you, you are wrong. i am happy for you in what you practice or believe. But i wish you to practice the best you can.

And yes i can discuss topics you may ask my understanding of, so we can together rise in wisdom:) and benefit from it together.

This is how I feel, too. I love the discussion.

If I want to hear 'critique and disagreement'.... I have 3 sons that do that all day. It gets tiresome.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This is how I feel, too. I love the discussion.

If I want to hear 'critique and disagreement'.... I have 3 sons that do that all day. It gets tiresome.
Thank you for replying @JustGeorge :)
I find discussion that seek to arise wisdom is good, but discussion only to say " my view is better then yours" i do not see a point of any more :) how can i gain pleasure in thinking i am better than others? I might hold an understanding of a topics, but certainly my view can be improved up on:)

Hellbound Serpiente

Conscious thoughts

Thank you for replying @JustGeorge :)
I find discussion that seek to arise wisdom is good, but discussion only to say " my view is better then yours" i do not see a point of any more :) how can i gain pleasure in thinking i am better than others? I might hold an understanding of a topics, but certainly my view can be improved up on:)

TOTALLY agreed, man. Although I am mostly offline due to time constraints and being busy, I usually stay silent even when I can easily add to discussion and get involved in it. It seems like here are more concerned with proving themselves and their opinions to be better rather than learn. And no matter what you say will be distorted and used against you. Hell, people here even resort to outright lies, deceit and shenanigans in order to sabotage discussion and derail your thinking process when things don't go their ways like bunch of toddlers throwing their toys out of their prams when things don't go their ideal ways.

A part of me just snaps at this non-sense. Not only do I no longer feel for discussion here like I used to feel early on when I joined the forums, but sometimes I feel like I should avoid RF altogether like I did with Fakebook for my own peace of mind.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
A part of me just snaps at this non-sense. Not only do I no longer feel for discussion here like I used to feel early on when I joined the forums, but sometimes I feel like I should avoid RF altogether like I did with Fakebook for my own peace of mind.

I've learned to carefully choose the threads I am going to be a part of. I think I was feeling a bit too much of the negative side of things, but once I learned what threads tend to turn into a food fight, it was easier to avoid them. Figuring that out has turned RF into a mostly positive experience for me.

There was no salvaging Facebook. I deleted close to a decade ago and never looked back. Though I've since learned that, in my culture, refusing to be a part of Facebook is seen as rude at best, and all around is judged as suspicious behavior. I was shocked to read the advice from an advice columnist that a person should avoid dating someone without Facebook, as she felt they were probably hiding something.

I always thought it was easy to find what a person was hiding... check the couch cushions.