• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need to rant

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
My son stopped in yesterday, always love to see and visit with him. He just returned from Florida, Disneyworld.
Our of the blue he asked what I thought of Governor DeSantis and that was the beginning of the end of a lovely visit. Politically we are on the opposite sides. To makes matters worse of course the topic of abortion raised its ugly head, and all hell broke loose. My oldest daughter, who lives with us, had an abortion when she was 17. She was experiencing seizures and was on medication the doctor considered unsafe for the baby. I did not know she was pregnant. My son, who is now an evangelical, belongs to a church in which they live by the Christianity of St Paul. Jesus said he came, 'not to bring peace on earth, but division; even in one’s own household, two against three and three against two.' All this leaves me, a mother who loves all her children, in the middle.
We have a similar situation in our family as our son is a gung-ho Trump supporter, although he is an atheist. Needless to say, we don't talk about this with him, especially since he suffers from bipolar disorder and can sometimes fly off the handle and/or sink into depression.

Thus, my heart pours out to you, and I hope and pray things get better. :heart:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
........For Christians, yes, that's not to say that other religions, though a different path, are not in a valid covenant with God, and are 'saved' through Jesus.
The above reminds me of the old wagon wheel illustration that all the spokes lead to the same direction.
However, Jesus taught there is only one way, only one path at Matthew 7:13-14; Luke 13:24
Sure people have lived and died without hearing about Jesus and when they are resurrected they will then learn.
For there 'is going to be' a resurrection according to Acts of the Apostles 24:15
A happy-and-healthy physical resurrection for those Not called to govern with Christ in Heaven - John 3:13.
As for the living, once a person hears or learns about Jesus they have to choice to change over to his teachings.
True, we don't know who will end up being part of the 'great crowd' at the time of Revelation 7:9; Revelation 7:14.
Jesus, as King, will decide that at the coming 'time of separation' found at Matthew 25:31-34.

pearl

However, Jesus taught there is only one way, only one path

And he also gives the 'path' in Mt 25:31-46.

“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, will answer him and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’ Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, Then they will answer and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?’ And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

GardenLady

Thank you for bringing the ^above^ to my attention.
Please help me as to which words you would use to describe the figurative 'sheep' and 'goats' of Matthew 25:31-46

I see no need to augment or amplify the text. Do you find the gospel insufficient and in need of your assistance?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And he also gives the 'path' in Mt 25:31-46.
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, will answer him and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’ Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, Then they will answer and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?’ And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
.... and the 'eternal punishment' is what 2 Thessalonians 1:9 says: 'everlasting destruction'
In Scripture ' fire' can stand for: destruction. Sinner Satan is 'destroyed' by Jesus - Hebrews 2:14 B
ALL the wicked are 'destroyed forever' - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22; 2 Peter 3:9.
The sheep take the 'path'( the way) to treat 'Jesus' brothers' (Matt.25:40) in a good way, the goats do not.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That depends on how you resolve it.
Matthew 10:11-13; Luke 10:5
As Jesus did in a peaceful and respectful manner.
Greetings of well being and leaving with the idea of having peace in tact with the hope of a better future outcome.
After all, the hope is that peace with God will lead to their everlasting life.