• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need to interview a Native American

Lloyd1024

Religion Learner
Hey guys,
This is my first post on here, so sorry if it's in the wrong area - or some other newbie mistake...
I was wondering if anybody was a Native American, or knew of a Native American who would be willing to help me with my university degree.
I study Religious Studies at the University of Cumbria (England, UK). As part of my degree program, I am required to take a module titled "Religion in North American" and I was fascinated by and simply in awe of the variety and depth of Native American belief.
The assessment for this module requires me to 'interview' an adherent of a North American faith. Given that I am a resident of the United Kingdom, I am finding this particularly difficult.
I am aware that not all Native American people follow the same religion, and as such I am happy to interview anyone with any kind of religious or spiritual beliefs. However, it would be ideal to speak to someone who holds 'Traditional'/'Ancient' North American beliefs, but I know from study that these beliefs have been reformed by the impact of Christianity and are now more rare.
The 'interview' can be conducted by email, over this forum, or by skype (video or just voice), and at your own convience. It can be anonymous if you feel uncomfortable with having your name on my work. A copy of my work will also (if you would like) be provided.
The 'interview' can be private, I could limit the number of people reading it to 3 or 4 (if done over skype or by email) - I would have to read your answers and up to 4 people may read it in order to grade it.
The 'interview' will consist mainly of short simple questions regarding personal faith.
If you know of anyone who might be interested in helping me with this, please can you let them know!

I greatly appreciate your time,

Lloyd Religious Studies Student.

Freedomelf

I'm sorry that you haven't received a reply. I am not a Native American, but I know several here in Arizona. I liked a FB group called Native American Indian Wisdom, because they have many beautiful religious things there. I suggest you contact the American Indian Heritage Foundation. They are a non-profit group that builds bridges between Indians and non-Indians. I wish you the best of luck in your search. Blessings.