• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need to be a nonbeliever to set myself free. Could someone help me?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I was the same as you once. I struggled with those same internal conflicts. It's a journey that no one can travel but yourself and you will ultimately have to live with your own choices.

No one here can make your choices for you. Even if you go along with someone here, it will be your decision.

Choose wisely.

The Transcended Omniverse

I guess, when you have known nothing else, it is difficult to compare what response autism produces in you, to the response felt by those without it. Your "normal" would not be their "normal" experience, (apart from the chemical reactions because that is an automatic response in all creatures. Its what keeps the human race and all other species in existence.)

On the other hand, altruism, (the giving part of us) is a condition of the heart.....not the physical pump, but the inner psyche and workings of the mind and its relationship to those around us. The mind controls many things and so does the heart, so when you combine them, you have the whole person.

Some people are described as "all heart" which means that they feel deeply for others. We also find some people who are described as "cold hearted", displaying little concern for anyone but themselves. If this latter condition is not the result of a physical or mental condition, then this person will be judged by God as unworthy of citizenship in his kingdom. He does not want cold hearted and selfish people in his kingdom. Why would he?

When either one (mind or heart) is impaired, the person themselves become impaired to some degree. Its nobody's fault. We are at present in an imperfect state, (sadly, some way more than others) we are at the mercy of so many things that are beyond our control. So many people are saddled with situations and conditions that they did not ask for, or deserve. So how will God deal with them? He will judge each one by the condition of their heart.....he sees past the impairment to the real person and evaluates them on the person they would be without the handicap. So there is no injustice with God, and there is no "hell" of punishment waiting for the "injured" or impaired in this world (or anyone else for that matter). There is a new world coming where all infirmities and illnesses will be healed and all forms of oppression and hatred will be eradicated, never to be seen again. (2 Peter 3:13)

God wants to give you hope of a better life, not threats of punishment and despair. We need patience however, because nothing happens quickly with a God who dwells in a timeless place. 'A thousand years is like a day' to him. (2 Peter 3:8)

All he asks is that you stay on the right path and do your best not to break his laws. He will reward those who want to give him their obedience, because he wants to give you a better life. He asks so little in return for what he will give back.

I would like to talk about people who have no empathy at all for others whatsoever (narcissist sociopaths). Some would say that you can still be a good person even if you are one and help out others anyway, but I find this to be an unrealistic expectation because doing such deeds presupposes empathy in the first place which the narcissist sociopath does not have.

Really, it would be no different than going up to someone and harming him/her when you were just fine and happy with that individual. There had to be a reason for you doing that. You must of had some anger or resentment towards that person, otherwise there would be no reason for you harming him/her. Same thing applies to the situation of a narcissist sociopath.

In other words, if the narcissist sociopath is going to help others, make the world a better place, etc. then there had to be a reason for him/her doing that. He/she must of had some empathy in doing these deeds, otherwise there would be no reason for him/her doing these deeds at all. Or he/she could just be doing it for his/her own personal gain.

So how can you blame people like Hitler if these types of people truly had no empathy at all? To expect him to change, not harm the Jews, and do good in the world presupposes empathy which he does not have. So really, he did not have the choice in the matter and if he did do so anyway, then he would either be doing it for no reason at all or he would just be doing it for his own personal gain.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I would like to talk about people who have no empathy at all for others whatsoever (narcissist sociopaths). Some would say that you can still be a good person even if you are one and help out others anyway, but I find this to be an unrealistic expectation because doing such deeds presupposes empathy in the first place which the narcissist sociopath does not have.

This is interesting, for the reason that God wants obedience 'from the heart'.....not out of a sense of duty or grudgingly.......but willingly. This is an acknowledgment that he is the rightful Sovereign over all and deserves our obedience and worship.

In the case of the narcissistic sociopath.... Definition as follows....
  • "People with narcissism are characterized by their excessive and persistent need for others’ admiration and positive reinforcement. They generally have grandiose opinions of themselves and believe they are superior to other people. Narcissists are also frequently convinced that they are above the normal responsibilities and obligations of everyday life, so they usually have significant difficulties maintaining employment or relationships as a result.
  • The narcissistic sociopath has this type of personality along with a noticeable lack of regard for the rights of others and a tendency to regularly violate those rights.
  • The narcissist with the sociopathy reacts strongly and sometimes even violently to negative feedback. True sociopaths generally do not respond to criticism or care what others may think of them.
  • A narcissistic sociopath is unable to tolerate criticism and needs constant praise, as well as deference from other people. Many with this condition present themselves in the best light possible and are able to easily charm others to gain their trust.
This certainly describes quite a few notorious people in history.

"According to experts, this behavior affects 3% to 5% of the population, which could mean more than 15 million people in the USA with these characteristics, or up to 1 in 20 people – higher percentages than one might realize."

https://truthlover5.com/2012/12/07/...se-lying-narcissitic-authoritarian-secretive/

Really, it would be no different than going up to someone and harming him/her when you were just fine and happy with that individual. There had to be a reason for you doing that. You must of had some anger or resentment towards that person, otherwise there would be no reason for you harming him/her. Same thing applies to the situation of a narcissist sociopath.

What these people lack is self-control, which appears to be disappearing from the world in general. There are so many different kinds of "rage" being exhibited these days......most of it is due to a lack of maturity and self control. Another cause is alcohol abuse. Some people turn into monsters when they drink.

In other words, if the narcissist sociopath is going to help others, make the world a better place, etc. then there had to be a reason for him/her doing that. He/she must of had some empathy in doing these deeds, otherwise there would be no reason for him/her doing these deeds at all. Or he/she could just be doing it for his/her own personal gain.

As far as motive is concerned, I think it is safe to say that God values "why" you do something, more than he values mere grudging performance of a deed or ritual. Narcissistic sociopaths have no genuine concern for others apart from what's in it for them. Anything they do then is selfishly motivated.

So how can you blame people like Hitler if these types of people truly had no empathy at all? To expect him to change, not harm the Jews, and do good in the world presupposes empathy which he does not have. So really, he did not have the choice in the matter and if he did do so anyway, then he would either be doing it for no reason at all or he would just be doing it for his own personal gain.

Yes, this is why we leave the judgment to Jesus. No one can say that past despots like Hitler were not victims of a disorder who happened to work their way into positions where they led nations. Since the genuinely wicked will not inherit life at all, we can safely leave everything in the hands of the only judge appointed by God and know that no one will be judged unjustly.

Isaiah 11:3-4, speaks about this appointed judge.....
"And he will not judge by any mere appearance to his eyes, nor reprove simply according to the thing heard by his ears.  And with righteousness he must judge the lowly ones, and with uprightness he must give reproof in behalf of the meek ones of the earth. And he must strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; and with the spirit of his lips he will put the wicked one to death"

Its the genuinely wicked who will lose out on life, not the mentally or psychologically impaired. God knows the difference, even if we don't.

Ben Avraham

I need to be a nonbeliever to set myself free; could someone help me?

You won't find this help here because, all help available are more in the sense to help to become a believer. IMO, the best person for you is an atheist. Have you tried one? They have a lot of recourses available to you with pleasure.