• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need to be a nonbeliever to set myself free. Could someone help me?

The Transcended Omniverse

Do you have an instinct to be kind to other people?

Yes, I am a very kind and cool person towards my family and other innocent people. I just simply have no desire to live for others or help others. I am only here to be happy and to enjoy my hobbies. So I would expect a God who would also be kind and cool towards me and my harmless way of living in return. But, apparently, this Christian God is not and would send me to hell.

The good news is God doesn't need anything from you. "The burden of the Lord is light" take a little time to help other people and you'd be ahead of a lot of people.

Many Christians would disagree. They would say that the Christian God expects a lot from me. That he expects me to not masturbate, not have lust, not live for myself and my own happiness, etc. If I don't follow those rules, I would end up in hell.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
Perhaps if you excelled at other parts of Christianity and stop worrying about what you can't do. As Paul said "when I sin it's not I who sin but sin which dwells in me"

1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love one another deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without complaining.…

And above all don't curse God, Jesus or Christianity. Because somewhere in there is the unforgiveable sin.
In my opinion, "sin" is not real. I believe it was made up to make people fear if they do sin and then they will have to ask god for forgiveness.
Life is life and if you did something you didn't like then that is what you will have to deal with.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Yes, I am a very kind and cool person towards my family and other innocent people. I just simply have no desire to live for others or help others. I am only here to be happy and to enjoy my hobbies. So I would expect a God who would also be kind and cool towards me and my harmless way of living in return. But, apparently, this Christian God is not and would send me to hell.

Many Christians would disagree. They would say that the Christian God expects a lot from me. That he expects me to not masturbate, not have lust, not live for myself and my own happiness, etc. If I don't follow those rules, I would end up in hell.
Well they encourage not sinning but Jesus can also forgive all sins. So I guess it's up to you to do what your able and willing to do.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
No he wants to be Christian but still do whatever he wants to do. Whatever though, I don't care what he does.
His choice to be one but if he desires to do whatever he wants and doesn't want a christianity to take control of his life then he could be non religious or become a Satanist.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
His choice to be one but if he desires to do whatever he wants and doesn't want a christianity to take control of his life then he could be non religious or become a Satanist.
He doesn't want to go to hell though...is how I read into it. He's already a Christian because he says he believes. So i'm not converting anyone, just helping him cope with his belief.

The Transcended Omniverse

Well they encourage not sinning but Jesus can also forgive all sins. So I guess it's up to you to do what your able and willing to do.

My sins would not be forgiven unless I choose to do my best to turn from them. As long as I continue on with my way of living, I would be condemned to hell. I am not going to live my life like that. I will not live my life enslaved from the things I want and like to enjoy.

As long as I am not harming and torturing innocent people, then there should be no problems. There is absolutely no reason why my life should even be considered sinful in the first place and to judge it as such would be a disgusting sin on the person/deity's part who is judging me and my life.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
He doesn't want to go to hell though...is how I read into it. He's already a Christian because he says he believes. So i'm not converting anyone, just helping him cope with his belief.
I believe hell was just made up to scare people so they can continue to worship god.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
My sins would not be forgiven unless I choose to do my best to turn from them. As long as I continue on with my way of living, I would be condemned to hell. I am not going to live my life like that. I will not live my life enslaved from the things I want and like to enjoy.

As long as I am not harming and torturing innocent people, then there should be no problems. There is absolutely no reason why my life should even be considered sinful in the first place and to judge it as such would be a disgusting sin on the person/deity's part who is judging me and my life.

Well you're a slave to one master or another, according to Jesus.

Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
As long as I continue on with my way of living, I would be condemned to hell.
Hell was just made up. There is no lake of fire. Lucifer doesn't burn people nor torture them.
Think about this, if Lucifer was the one actually helping god out by burning and torturing then what is the point of calling Lucifer "Evil" "The god of lies" and it goes on. Many use Lucifer as a scapegoat.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
Well you're a slave to one master or another, according to Jesus.

Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.
(Ephesians 6:5) Slaves and masters: “Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.”

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Someone's God will always think your actions are wrong. Heck, within Christianity alone there is enough variance for that to be true.

But belief is a tricky thing. If someone can convince you in a web thread that God is not true, you didn't believe to begin with. The most anyone here can do is encourage you to think and do some research. Sounds like you're part way there anyway.

So you want convincing you're going to have to;
1) do some work yourself and
2) give us something to work with, in terms of what you currently think and what you currently doubt.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Hell was just made up. There is no lake of fire. Lucifer doesn't burn people nor torture them.
Think about this, if Lucifer was the one actually helping god out by burning and torturing then what is the point of calling Lucifer "Evil" "The god of lies" and it goes on. Many use Lucifer as a scapegoat.
Lucifer or Satan in the bible is the accuser. He goes around pointing out people who don't love God, then he can punish them on earth. But the lake of fire is God's wrath, I'm not sure if Satan goes to hell in the end or not. Satan is only able to turn people against God, which would lead them to the lake of fire. That's what Satan did in the Garden, he convinced Eve that God was evil, planted a seed in her head by twisting scripture. He said did not God say you may not eat from every tree in the garden. Instead of saying God said you may eat of every tree in the garden except one.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Isn't this a kind of wonky version of Pascal's Wager?
Christianity might be true so to be safe you feel compelled to just go with it?
That's not so much of a debating position as it is a guilt and scare tactic.
What if it is true but Jesus ends up liking people who don't follow scripture blindly?
What if Hell is actually a cool place and God just decided to drum up a really bad marketing campaign to compete with it?

Should one really live and believe based on what ifs?
What if I wake up tomorrow and I'm a giant bug?
What if I wake up tomorrow and I escape from the matrix?
:shrug:

Christianity and Secularism aren't the only options ever. There's a whole wide world out there.

If you can be persuaded to not believe in God just as easily as you can be persuaded to believe in a God, then your conviction is shakier than an earthquake.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
(Ephesians 6:5) Slaves and masters: “Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.”
Keeps you employed and out of jail too. win win until Jesus comes back and lets you enter into eternal life of rest and drinking wine.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
Lucifer or Satan in the bible is the accuser. He goes around pointing out people who don't love God, then he can punish them on earth. But the lake of fire is God's wrath, I'm not sure if Satan goes to hell in the end or not. Satan is only able to turn people against God, which would lead them to the lake of fire. That's what Satan did in the Garden, he convinced Eve that God was evil, planted a seed in her head by twisting scripture. He said did not God say you may not eat from every tree in the garden. Instead of saying God said you may eat of every tree in the garden except one.
What Lucifer wants is to see people become free from God's slavery.
http://www.liberatedoflucifer.org/adamevegardentree.html

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
Keeps you employed and out of jail too. win win until Jesus comes back and lets you enter into eternal life of rest and drinking wine.
I don't believe jesus is coming back. It has been more than 2,000 years. The dead doesn't exactly come back to life but it is your choice to believe in that.
I won't force people to stop believe in what they want to believe but I am trying to bring some reality in this conversation.