• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need some help overcoming my bad habit. I need to change who I am :(

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Also, sperm dies. To get rid of this excess, wet dreams occur with some frequency more than in those who don't rub one out or have regular sex. Masturbating is a great way to ejaculate dead sperm to make room for healthy sperm. What girls and women get out of ovulating and menstruating monthly, boys and men get from jacking off. Just as eggs are only viable for so long and need to be replaced, so are sperm, and those dead sperm need to be had rid of to give room to healthy cells.

images
I'm not sure if the excess sperm thing is true but I will say that I did strictly follow the Catholic Church's sexual teachings for a year but gave up on it when I was woken up by having an intense involuntary orgasm while I was asleep. Sexual tension needs to be released, regardless of which sex you are. Also, abstaining from something tends to kindle obsession. I was thinking about sex all the time and trying to avoid it. It was sad.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Where is your evidence of this? I do not think this is true at all. In fact from my personal experience, more frequent ejaculation reduces irritability and irrational behavior.
I suppose we should take your personal experience as evidence? :D

Also, sex and masturbation do not lower testosterone. In fact most men who are "sex addicts" are more masculine than other men.
...and this spurious information does not imply that I need to provide contrary witnesses, but I will.

Can sex make your ADHD partner cranky?
What Can Masturbation Do To Your Mental Health? | MTV UK
Male Masturbation: Side Effects, Benefits, and Risks

That last one says "Masturbating daily can lead to weakness, fatigue, early ejaculation and may inhibit sexual activities with your partner." Now, in what way could it lead to weakness or fatigue if not by affecting your mood, energy levels and neuro transmitters?

Rational Agnostic

I suppose we should take your personal experience as evidence? :D

...and this spurious information does not imply that I need to provide contrary witnesses, but I will.

Can sex make your ADHD partner cranky?
What Can Masturbation Do To Your Mental Health? | MTV UK
Male Masturbation: Side Effects, Benefits, and Risks

That last one says "Masturbating daily can lead to weakness, fatigue, early ejaculation and may inhibit sexual activities with your partner." Now, in what way could it lead to weakness or fatigue if not by affecting your mood, energy levels and neuro transmitters?

Show me an actual scientific study that clearly demonstrates any of these claims and I will believe you. But I believe that most of the negative claims about masturbation are hearsay.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Hey thanks for your response. So I never a problem during the day in controlling my actions; however, its generally at night as I am about to fall asleep that I get the arousal feeling and temptation to do it. I would love to take a walk daily but at 12 am or 1 am I don't know how feasible it is haha. Keeping in mind I am a college senior currently. Any advice in this instance?
Also rogerfan, I recommended reading the Book of Mormon or at least some good uplifting book.

I would like to point out to you and everyone here that it says, "Bridle your passions, that ye may be full of love."

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
What's wrong with that? Also, why is a hypothetical daughter always used?
Well, it's your own flesh and blood that you produced with a female. That's got to be sacred to you on some level I figure.
Do you think there's some special shame if the person is female?
That was not implied I don't think.
Do you think parents should control the sex life of their daughters?
Yes and no. Yes if they are a minor. No if they are of a mature age and they have a steady job. At the same time as a Christian I think that offspring should be reminded that God's way is better than any human's way (including their own). So, parents can't make decisions for their children but they can voice disapproval of their choices.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well, it's your own flesh and blood that you produced with a female. That's got to be sacred to you on some level I figure.

That was not implied I don't think.

Yes and no. Yes if they are a minor. No if they are of a mature age and they have a steady job. At the same time as a Christian I think that offspring should be reminded that God's way is better than any human's way (including their own). So, parents can't make decisions for their children but they can voice disapproval of their choices.
You didn't answer my last question on if it were my son. Is he not my "sacred" flesh and blood, too?