• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need some help, everyone

Hellbound Serpiente

Need some advise and guidance, especially from my Canadian friends

This is regarding some of my personal issues, so I'll try to keep it as brief as possible. Please forgive my ignorance and inexperience with this stuff and try to help me out as much as possible.

I want to immigrate to either Canada or some other good Western countries. Unfortunately, I could not complete my graduation due to some personal crisis and want to continue my studies in a better part of the world like Canada, Australia, UK and such places. The problem is, and this may sound extremely weird, but I don't have any idea how to go about it. I have never traveled abroad before and don't know a thing about how to apply for visa, and other processes and procedure needed to immigrate to Canada or some other Western country.

I want your guidance as to how to go about applying. Can you guys and gals give me guidance and/or helpful links that details all the processes and procedures necessary for immigration [visa applications, bank guarantees etc. etc. etc.]? Can you give me reliable links for universities in Canada that open for admission? How much will the Coronavirus crisis will affect my chances of having my request for immigrating to Canada accepted? What are the prerequisites necessary for migration?

Please forgive my inexperience and think of me as a new kid in town, and show me the ropes. Thanks in advance

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

This is regarding some of my personal issues, so I'll try to keep it as brief as possible. Please forgive my ignorance and inexperience with this stuff and try to help me out as much as possible.

I want to immigrate to either Canada or some other good Western countries. Unfortunately, I could not complete my graduation due to some personal crisis and want to continue my studies in a better part of the world like Canada, Australia, UK and such places. The problem is, and this may sound extremely weird, but I don't have any idea how to go about it. I have never traveled abroad before and don't know a thing about how to apply for visa, and other processes and procedure needed to immigrate to Canada or some other Western country.

I want your guidance as to how to go about applying. Can you guys and gals give me reliable links for universities in Canada that open for admission? How much will the Coronavirus crisis will affect my chances of having my request accepted for immigrating to Canada? What are the prerequisites necessary for migration?

Please forgive my inexperience and please think of me as a new kid in town, and show me the ropes. Thanks in advance
Start by talking to your nearest Canadian embassy or consulate. They can give you information on the process that would apply to your specific situation.

Seems like most Canadian universities are going online-only for the fall 2020 term. From what I understand, this is affecting international students' ability to get student visas (since they no longer have to travel to Canada to attend their Canadian school).

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

I want your guidance as to how to go about applying. Can you guys and gals give me guidance and/or helpful links that details all the processes and procedures necessary for immigration [visa applications, bank guarantees etc. etc. etc.]? Can you give me reliable links for universities in Canada that open for admission? How much will the Coronavirus crisis will affect my chances of having my request for immigrating to Canada accepted? What are the prerequisites necessary for migration?

Please forgive my inexperience and think of me as a new kid in town, and show me the ropes. Thanks in advance

May I ask what country you're living in currently?

Hellbound Serpiente

May I ask what country you're living in currently?

Indeed, sir. Right now I am living in UAE [United Arab Emirates]. However, I will soon have to go to my homeland, Pakistan [unfortunately]. So, in a few months, I'll be in Pakistan. This is really worrying me, since I heard it's really hard to obtain visa for Canada and other Western countries if you are from Pakistan

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

We emigrated to France from the UK some 5 years ago. Pre the brexit vote and all the nastiness of that debacle so the move was fairly straightforward.

My advice is research the place you want to move to. We spent 10 years checking out various countries and visiting them before deciding on france. Perhaps overkill but best to be sure.

Get your documents (birth certificate etc) copied and certified if your adopted country wants them. Most countries insist you have a guaranteed source if income so you don't burden the country, a job guarantee or indipendent financial sources are fine.

If its a non english speaking country then learn at least the rudiments of the language before you go.

Ensure you have a place to stay.

Hellbound Serpiente

Okay, guys, here are some new problems. Someone has told me that study gap creates problems when it comes to Canadian university. Now, I have a MASSIVE gap [more than 10 years]. I don't know what to do now. Can anyone tell me how to overcome this issue? What kind of reasoning is acceptable for them?

Also, what reason should I give them for as to why I want to study in Canada rather than Punkistan?