• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need prayer for a friend

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I met a new friend but she is into astral projection.Can you pray for her?
Why would you want someone to pray for her? If it is a part of her spiritual journey it is her choice, is it not? Maybe she knows a lot about it and then knows the things that can go wrong, but still, it is her choice to do or don't :)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I don't pray but I have been thinking about her while reading through this thread, and I'm sure that she is doing what she wants to do.

Peace.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I met a new friend but she is into astral projection.Can you pray for her?

Are you still hanging around people who are into practices that God condemns?

The apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthians....
"....If the dead are not to be raised up, “let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we are to die.” 33 Do not be misled. Bad associations spoil useful habits. 34 Come to your senses in a righteous way and do not practice sin, for some have no knowledge of God. I am speaking to move you to shame." (1 Corinthians 15:32-34)

Do you see how Paul prefaces his admonition...? "DO NOT BE MISLED". Its there for a reason. Those who "practice sin" are a bad example for others who have no knowledge of God.

IMV, you cannot 'help' someone who doesn't think they need help. Praying for someone is pointless if they show no inclination towards God and appreciation for his ways. If this person is "into astral projection" and enjoys the experience, and sees no need to stop doing it, then what is the use of praying? Prayer is for those who are seeking God and asking for his help.

Perhaps you need to choose your "friends" more wisely. :shrug: