• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need Jehovah's Witnesses feed back.Because I always think I am interpreting it right.But am wrong.

Frank Goad

nPeace

Veteran Member
The Watchtower Society teaches that the 144,000 of Rev 7:4 is to be taken literally. If chapter 7 of Revelation is to be taken literally, where then does the Bible say that the 144,000 will come from? (See Rev 7:5- 8)

I got this from here: Interactive Bible Home Page www.bible.ca

Stumper questions Jehovah's Witnesses do not like to be asked!

It is question number: 26.

I got this from the King James version of the bible.

What does the Jehovah's Witnesses bible say about this?
You know where to go, if you want to know what JWs say about this.

cataway

The Watchtower Society teaches that the 144,000 of Rev 7:4 is to be taken literally. If chapter 7 of Revelation is to be taken literally, where then does the Bible say that the 144,000 will come from? (See Rev 7:5- 8)

why do you feel that question is so difficult ? its really
very easy

Brian2

Veteran Member
why do you feel that question is so difficult ? its really
very easy

The Great Crowd come out of the Great Tribulation. In JW theology what is the Great Tribulation and when does it begin, if it is actually an event?

Rev 7:14 And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

cataway

The Great Crowd come out of the Great Tribulation. In JW theology what is the Great Tribulation and when does it begin, if it is actually an event?

Rev 7:14 And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Great Crowd ?? i thought we were talking about the 144,000

Brian2

Veteran Member
Great Crowd ?? i thought we were talking about the 144,000

You have developed a way to not answer question, even those that you say are easy.
I looked up Revelation 7 link you gave in post 6 and found these scriptures concerning the idea that the Great Crowd washed their garments in the blood of the Lamb (Rev 7:14)
It appears that the Great Crowd are also in the New Covenant and have been purchased by the blood of Jesus and that they are given the Spirit so that they can have fellowship with God.
John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
Heb 9:13 For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that their bodies are clean, 14how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself unblemished to God, purify our consciences from works of death, so that we may serve the living God! 15Therefore Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, now that He has died to redeem them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.…
1John 1:6 If we say we have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.
Rev 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and has released us from our sins by His blood, 6who has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father—to Him be the glory and power forever and ever! Amen.…

When I looked up the scriptures given for the Great Tribulation (Mark 13:19, Matthew 24:21) which is where the Great Crowd come from, I'm not sure still about the Great Tribulation and when it is. Can you give the JW teaching simply so that I do not have to guess from the scriptures given?

cataway

You have developed a way to not answer question, even those that you say are easy.
I looked up Revelation 7 link you gave in post 6 and found these scriptures concerning the idea that the Great Crowd washed their garments in the blood of the Lamb (Rev 7:14)
It appears that the Great Crowd are also in the New Covenant and have been purchased by the blood of Jesus and that they are given the Spirit so that they can have fellowship with God.
John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
Heb 9:13 For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that their bodies are clean, 14how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself unblemished to God, purify our consciences from works of death, so that we may serve the living God! 15Therefore Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, now that He has died to redeem them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.…
1John 1:6 If we say we have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.
Rev 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and has released us from our sins by His blood, 6who has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father—to Him be the glory and power forever and ever! Amen.…

When I looked up the scriptures given for the Great Tribulation (Mark 13:19, Matthew 24:21) which is where the Great Crowd come from, I'm not sure still about the Great Tribulation and when it is. Can you give the JW teaching simply so that I do not have to guess from the scriptures given?
you want to know the day the hour ?

Brian2

Veteran Member
you want to know the day the hour ?

No.:)
But if it has not begun, does that mean that the Great Multitude who come out of Great Tribulation have not begun to be assembled yet?
If not, does it mean that ideas of the Great Tribulation which see it as an event that has a beginning, might be wrong?

TrueBeliever37

Hi Frank,

I am not a JW. But the 144,000 were the first fruits unto God and to the lamb, according to Revelation 14:1-4

Remember how the Messiah told the apostles not to go to any city of the Gentiles, but to go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel first? (Matthew 10:6 and Matthew 15:24) God had made a promise that he would save a remnant from Israel. The early church consisted of Jews that accepted the Messiah. He gathered in 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes. So these 144,000 were the first fruits. (including men such as Peter, and Paul, etc.) Then it was opened up to the Gentiles, and whosoever will. Revelation 14:6 and Acts 13:46

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
Here is all of revelation 7 https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/study-bible/books/revelation/7/#v66007001

From the Jehovah's Witnesses bible.:)
That's the Bible reading. Not the understanding or explanation of why the number is taken literally.

Make a note of this and save it for future reference.
Our online library is here. Any questions you have on any Bible subject can be found easily using the provided search engine. It work like google's... only it's far better than google's. :)

So you want to know basically, 1) why do JWs take the 144,000 as a literal number.
Try this... In the search bar, type 144,000 & literal
That will find the publications where the words 144,000 and literal are found somewhat close together.
Usually the first result is the best answer.
Try it.

Say you wanted to find more words alongside them, you would just use another & symbol between each word.
If you wanted to find a word which may be similar, you would use the or symbol |
For example, 144,000 | 144000 | 144, 000 & literal
This also works, 144* & literal ...only you will get more result, that will include the number 144.
The asterisk is a wildcard that finishes the phrase for you. So you could search for Frank like this... Fran* :)

2) Regarding the 12 tribes of Israel, one should ask, 'who are they?' Read Luke 22:28-30
What answer does the JWs stumpers give? Do you know?
Let me know if you get the answer to both 1 and 2.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

" chapter 7 of Revelation "

None of the verses of " chapter 7 of Revelation" have not been colored in red in the following Red Letter Bibles:

Holy Bible King James Version (Red Letter Edition)
The Roman Catholic Holy Bible with the words of Jesus in red.
World Messianic Bible

and that means neither (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, spoke them nor authored them nor wrote them and , therefore, these are not a reliable source for guidance in ethical, moral and or spiritual matters, it transpires. Right?

Regards