• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need Jehovah's Witnesses feed back.Because I always think I am interpreting it right.But am wrong.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Being killed is not an example, although being selfless and standing on the side of truth under threat of death is.

Being thrown off a cliff is not an example, or being thrown to lions, but standing firm to the end, in the face of such action is.
Wrong.

IF you claim to know:
A Christian is such, only when they are a follower of Christ - his teachings, and example... at least, in God's view

Then
My conclusion is a logical one

Just say "Follow Jesus His Teachings", if that is what you meant

nPeace

Veteran Member
Wrong.

IF you claim to know:
A Christian is such, only when they are a follower of Christ - his teachings, and example... at least, in God's view

Then

I disagree with your opinion on that.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I speak with JW many times each year, very interesting discussions, even with the young guys who preach in the streets. But when asking them a difficult question they have not prepared, they get stuck and do not know what to answer.

They have become like robots
Yes, that may happen with us at times, where we might not know the answer.

If that happens, we should tell the householder “I don’t know”, and tell them that we’ll find out the answer and come back. There are some JW’s that that rarely happens to, where they don’t know the answer, because they’ve studied the Bible deeply, with Jehovah’s help. — Luke 10:21

I can guarantee you one thing….. whatever Scriptural idea is told by a JW in Thailand, or India, or France, or Norway… wherever… the idea / concept will always be the same! Different Scriptures may be used, but we’ll always “speak in agreement,” as @nPeace stated (1 Corinthians 1:10)

Best wishes for you, @Seeker of White Light !

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes, that may happen with us at times, where we might not know the answer.

If that happens, we should tell the householder “I don’t know”, and tell them that we’ll find out the answer and come back. There are some JW’s that that rarely happens to, where they don’t know the answer, because they’ve studied the Bible deeply, with Jehovah’s help. — Luke 10:21

I can guarantee you one thing….. whatever Scriptural idea is told by a JW in Thailand, or India, or France, or Norway… wherever… the idea / concept will always be the same! Different Scriptures may be used, but we’ll always “speak in agreement,” as @nPeace stated (1 Corinthians 1:10)

Best wishes for you, @Seeker of White Light !
Your answer always comes with love and kindness:)

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
  1. Heb 3:1 refers to "holy brothers, partakers of the heavenly calling". In Mk 3:35, Jesus says, "Whoever does the will of God, this one is my brother ...". Therefore, according to the Bible, whoever does the will of God is a brother of Jesus and a partaker of the heavenly calling. How can this be if the Watchtower Society teaches that only 144,000 people go to heaven?
I got this from here: Interactive Bible Home Page www.bible.ca

Stumper questions Jehovah's Witnesses do not like to be asked!

It is question number 56.:)

I got this from the King James version of the bible
Earlier I just got through talking about those who were “twisting the Scriptures”, and after thinking about this, I’m going to quote what the site, trying to ‘stump’ JW’s, used…

They said, to quote you:
In Mk 3:35, Jesus says, "Whoever does the will of God, this one is my brother ...". Therefore, according to the Bible, whoever does the will of God is a brother of Jesus and a partaker of the heavenly calling.

Why did they stop at “brother….”? Because the rest of Jesus’ words, “…and sister and mother,” reveals their implication to be untrue.

Please consider that, Frank, the next time you think about using them.

If they’ll twist one Scripture, do you think they’ll do it with others?

But please read Galatians 4:14, and see the apparent correlation between Jesus and one of God’s angels. Do you know why Jehovah’s Witnesses haven’t used that Scripture to our own advantage? Because that would be disingenuous, twisting Paul’s obvious meaning. And we won’t purposely do that with God’s Word.
(Why do many Bible versions add the word “Himself” after Jesus’ name there at Galatians 4:14? From what I know, it’s not in the oldest Greek manuscripts. Just points to ponder.)

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Where in scripture is that told to you? that Heb 3:1 is about the 144000?

How did the lost sheep of Israel turn into 144000?...
Notice this, please, because what was seen in Revelation was a vision, but here is something written in the Law:
from Exodus 19:4-6 - ‘You have seen for yourselves what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to Myself. 5Now if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, you will be My treasured possession out of all the nations— for the whole earth is Mine. 6And unto Me you shall be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you are to speak to the Israelites.”…"
Notice verse 6 and what the nation was told IF they were obedient to God. What are your feelings about this?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I need Jehovah's Witnesses feed back.

Why restrict for feedback to the JWs among all the 32000+ denominations of Pauline-Christianity, please?
Aren't the scriptures open to everybody to read and answer one's queries, please?

Regards

YoursTrue

I need Jehovah's Witnesses feed back.

Why restrict for feedback to the JWs among all the 32000+ denominations of Pauline-Christianity, please?
Aren't the scriptures open to everybody to read and answer one's queries, please?

Regards
If I recall, @Frank Goad says JWs are very friendly. He (?) asks questions and usually doesn't answer when he's asked questions. Something ain't right, brother.

YoursTrue

Notice this, please, because what was seen in Revelation was a vision, but here is something written in the Law:
from Exodus 19:4-6 - ‘You have seen for yourselves what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to Myself. 5Now if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, you will be My treasured possession out of all the nations— for the whole earth is Mine. 6And unto Me you shall be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you are to speak to the Israelites.”…"
Notice verse 6 and what the nation was told IF they were obedient to God. What are your feelings about this?
Hi @Brian2 again...did you notice what verse 6 said the nation would be IF they obeyed God and kept the covenant He made with them?

YoursTrue

Wrong.

IF you claim to know:

Then

Yes. I was just thinking that.

YoursTrue

I usually just like feedback .I answer questions every now and then.:)
You did say you like to ask Jehovah's witnesses questions because, um, they are so friendly. :) Frankly, Mr.? Goad, I usually don't follow you in the sense of paying that much attention to you, some answers get my attention more than others. Again, Goad, Frankly -- have a goad one.

YoursTrue

Wrong.

IF you claim to know:

Then

After re-reading some posts, I would like to add something to my reply. To clarify. While it is clear many who claim to follow Jesus or believe in Him do not even KNOW what he taught, there is a can of worms in that respect to look at. So while I agree with you that one should follow Christ's teachings,
Wrong.

IF you claim to know:

Then

Actually, I must amend my reply as if I were thoroughly agreeing with you. I am not. Here's why: there are thousands of denominations as well as multitudinous religions on this earth, contrasting with the other. So now if a person claims to follow Christ, that has to be taken under advisement, because, as I said in a way, each person and religion may have their own way of looking at things, claiming similar things, but not really. Hope you get the point. Thanks.

Eli G

After re-reading some posts, I would like to add something to my reply. To clarify. While it is clear many who claim to follow Jesus or believe in Him do not even KNOW what he taught, there is a can of worms in that respect to look at. So while I agree with you that one should follow Christ's teachings,
Actually, I must amend my reply as if I were thoroughly agreeing with you. I am not. Here's why: there are thousands of denominations as well as multitudinous religions on this earth, contrasting with the other. So now if a person claims to follow Christ, that has to be taken under advisement, because, as I said in a way, each person and religion may have their own way of looking at things, claiming similar things, but not really. Hope you get the point. Thanks.
That would be equivalent to believing that because there are millions of gods worshiped in the world, you can never know which one is The True God. Do you believe this?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
So while I agree with you that one should follow Christ's teachings
That was not my point though, I quoted the other person about something else, though I like to follow Christ's Teaching.

Actually, I must amend my reply as if I were thoroughly agreeing with you. I am not.
That would be fine with me

Here's why: there are thousands of denominations as well as multitudinous religions on this earth, contrasting with the other. So now if a person claims to follow Christ, that has to be taken under advisement, because, as I said in a way, each person and religion may have their own way of looking at things, claiming similar things, but not really
Of course.

Hence the quote "Follow Christ's Teaching" was phrased perfectly. So, you should agree with that. As there is only 1 version called "Christ's Teaching"...and only Christ knows this to a tee

Hope you get the point. Thanks.
Sure, I get your point. How to know Christ's Teaching, and who knows it.

That's a totally different issue, I did not touch at all in my conversation. So, your "disagreement with what I wrote" is not true, because I didn't say nor imply, what you thought I wrote.

And actually I agree with you about this new topic you added:)