• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need help

Rakhel

My first grader came home with empty workbook pages.
One has both me and her 21 yo sister baffled.

Hong gave this code puzzle to her sister Lin:

2E
2E
1N
1M

Lin solved the puzzle.
What does the code puzzle mean?

Anyone got an answer?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Did you find out the answer, Rakhel? I'm stumped, wondering if there is some clue in the disposition of the hints in the page.

Treks

On another forum it appears like this: 2E, 2E, 1M, 1N on YF.
Answer: 2 eyes, 2 ears, 1 mouth 1 nose on your face

Maybe he's supposed to draw a face on the blank page?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
On another forum it appears like this: 2E, 2E, 1M, 1N on YF.
Answer: 2 eyes, 2 ears, 1 mouth 1 nose on your face

Maybe he's supposed to draw a face on the blank page?

Yup, yup. That's it.
I LOVED giving out logic puzzles when I was a teacher. But I despised these kinda ones, since logic didn't play too much of a role.

But draw a face and away you go.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
So I guess the misspelled words were there on accident rather than hinting at a cypher or some embedded words or the like. Even with the YF I wouldnt have even considered it... is that even a code puzzle?

Rakhel

It was in a math workbook my daughter had brought home at the end of the school year. And on a page at the back of the book.
the on YF wasn't added which obviously made it that much more difficult. I wish the book had an answer sheet in the back but it didn't.
however, 2 eyes 2 ears 1 mouth 1 nose does make some sense. It's what we were going with but weren't too sure.

Thanks everyone.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
So I guess the misspelled words were there on accident rather than hinting at a cypher or some embedded words or the like. Even with the YF I wouldnt have even considered it... is that even a code puzzle?

In my opinion? Nope. Not really a code puzzle. No idea what it's supposed to teach. Some kids like that sort of stuff, so that's always good. But it's not a logic problem.

Alceste

Vagabond
Yup, yup. That's it.
I LOVED giving out logic puzzles when I was a teacher. But I despised these kinda ones, since logic didn't play too much of a role.

But draw a face and away you go.

Yeah, I always do badly on guessing puzzles because I expect them to be logic puzzles.