• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need help Knowing what my religion is!!!

Middnight23

Ok! I am new so yea. I believe in god. But also with animal dieties and power animals. What Religion is this?? Please help! I really want to know what the name of it is that I actually believe in. Its like, I belive in animal gods for earth wind and for all the other animals like on ox.compsoc.net/~dwsjc/ff/deities/animal.htm l

The Neo Nerd

Hey Middy,

There are two components to any religious belief:

a. What form a higher power takes (youve already told us this)

b. How you manipulate this higher power.

can you tell us how you see yourself manipulating your higher power.

-Q

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Don't be in a rush to label yourself. You may be Pagan, or a denomination of such. You may also fall under Mythology. Personally, I am Wiccan and I worship the Gods and Goddesses of Egyptian Mythology so any real suggestion I can give you stems from them. Many Gods and Goddesses from Egyptian Mythology had forms that resembled the human form with the head of an animal. These Gods and Goddesses could also take full animal form. A good variety of animals are represented as well. I don't know what animals you are talking about specifically as the link you posted doesn't work. Good luck though and I would love to hear of your progress. Like I said though, don't rush to label yourself. The important thing is that you worship your God(s) and/or Goddess(es) in the manner that is right for you.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Hey Middy,

There are two components to any religious belief:

a. What form a higher power takes (youve already told us this)

b. How you manipulate this higher power.

can you tell us how you see yourself manipulating your higher power.

-Q
I wouldn't expect an answer. The OP was written on Feb. 28, 2007 and the writer has only written two posts on RF in all this time.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Midnight23,

Welcome to RF!
Best Wishes.

I need help Knowing what my religion is!!!

It is not important what the *label* is.
It is important that you are on a path consciously or not is the question.
That is what you need to answer yourself.

Love & rgds

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Nowhere Man,

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmirGF
I wouldn't expect an answer. The OP was written on Feb. 28, 2007 and the writer has only written two posts on RF in all this time.
It's always in the details that get ya! :D

One may want to be sure of where he is going and which is ????
Here am still trying to find out who it is; is there anyone really who is going anywhere and is there anywhere to go?
Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Love & rgds

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Darn it! Why do addresses only work sometimes? The above address is not what I typed in!:banghead3
Anyway, just click on the Belief-O-Matic" in the site this phantom address takes you to, Middnight, or just google Belief-O-Matic.

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
Do like everyone else...

Just pick whatever wild and crazy beliefs you fancy... just make them up from scratch if you want... or cherry pick your beliefs from a bunch of other religions, but if you do that, make sure you declare that only your beliefs are true... everyone elses are wrong.

Then, declare your religion exempt from all rational thought and critisizm by anyone. Remind people that religion is exempt from reality... and that religious beleifs allow you to believe things for which you would otherwise be thrown into a mental hospital for.

If your beliefs requires falsification of common scientific knowledge... no problem... don't worry about it... just play the faith card when challenged and most people will leave you alone.

And if your looking for a tax write off, or like mutilating the genitals of women or little boys, or want to spread hatred of homosexuals, or blow up infidels, no problem... work it in, in the name of religion, you can do anything you want.

But remember... the key is to declare your beliefs as religious, thus making them exempt from rational thought and punishment. If your beliefs are not based on religion, you risk being throwing in jail for your thoughts and actions, but religion can be used as a "stay out of jail" card for almost anything.

Oh yeah, don't forget to threaten non believers with eternal hellfire and damnation which gives you a little extra credibility by making your religion sound like some of the more established ones.

Bottom line... get creative and invent your own religion... be a leader not a blind follower... out of the 1000s of religions out there, only 1 can be true, so it might as well be the one you make up... being the founder of a religion has many advantages.

Good luck.

Last edited:

laughing marmot

beginner mind
Ah, out to make new friends I see! That's quite the venomous rant you've got there, but if might remind you, plenty of evil is done in the name of secular beliefs as well. And I personally happen to believe that many of the world's religions are conveying the same Truth at their core. It's called the perennial philosophy or deep ecumenism. We're all in the dark, discovering different parts of the same elephant. When the lights come on we'll see that the trunk, the tail, the leg, they're all One.:)

Do like everyone else...

Just pick whatever wild and crazy beliefs you fancy... just make them up from scratch if you want... or cherry pick your beliefs from a bunch of other religions, but if you do that, make sure you declare that only your beliefs are true... everyone elses are wrong.

Then, declare your religion exempt from all rational thought and critisizm by anyone. Remind people that religion is exempt from reality... and that religious beleifs allow you to believe things for which you would otherwise be thrown into a mental hospital for.

If your beliefs requires falsification of common scientific knowledge... no problem... don't worry about it... just play the faith card when challenged and most people will leave you alone.

And if your looking for a tax write off, or like mutilating the genitals of women or little boys, or want to spread hatred of homosexuals, or blow up infidels, no problem... work it in, in the name of religion, you can do anything you want.

But remember... the key is to declare your beliefs as religious, thus making them exempt from rational thought and punishment. If your beliefs are not based on religion, you risk being throwing in jail for your thoughts and actions, but religion can be used as a "stay out of jail" card for almost anything.

Oh yeah, don't forget to threaten non believers with eternal hellfire and damnation which gives you a little extra credibility by making your religion sound like some of the more established ones.

Bottom line... get creative and invent your own religion... be a leader not a blind follower... out of the 1000s of religions out there, only 1 can be true, so it might as well be the one you make up... being the founder of a religion has many advantages.

Good luck.

Manna

Universalist
Maybe the difficulty in categorising your religious views means that this religion has not been conceptualised properly and that you should be the one to define it and what it's about! :D