• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need help forming opinions

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I need help forming opinions on various topics, and I was just wondering if RF was the place to go for that. In particular, I would like to be guided politically... Do you think anyone migh4 have opinions to share, to help steer me in the right direction?

P.S. I'm not really interested in learning things, I just need to know what to think about stuff.
Wikipedia has a fine article on Chinese history that includes a lot of information about their politics of the 10th Century. Apparently, the political landscape was very divisive in that place and period. You should support the Song Dynasty.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Wikipedia has a fine article on Chinese history that includes a lot of information about their politics of the 10th Century. Apparently, the political landscape was very divisive in that place and period. You should support the Song Dynasty.

Thanks For that! I especially thank you For not posting links.

Cooky

Veteran Member
No problem. I think with the right set of outside directions you can effectively argue China into the 11th Century.

Would you like to buy an argument?

Oh, no, that would be going overboard. All I need to know is that my team supports the Song dynasty. I'm set.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I thought the same, but at this point I struggle to be sure. My sense of humour seems slightly different other folks.

Let me guess, you were never a fan of Seinfeld when that show came out. A lot of people weren't.

Mine is a kind of dark sarcasm, I'll admit. Not exactly 'humor' per se, but in that general category.

...Basically I'm making fun of RF. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cooky

Veteran Member
I mean seriously. If you think about it, It's just a bunch of people throwing out their opinions on stuff, and typically, people are not anxious to teach via providing sources.

Honestly, there were a few times I did request a link, and was basically told to shove it. Also, a lot of the SJW topics are based on perceived expectations on what others are supposed to 'think'.

...But don't get me wrong, I enjoy RF. That's why I come here, and even partake in the very things I'm talking about... But sometimes, I just have to make fun of it for what it is. :)

Cooky

Veteran Member
An effective method for teaching on forums, which I've seen in the past, is to not only provide a link, but to also copy and paste a paragraph or two that illistrate your point, and put it in italics with parenthesis around it.

...I know the Christians always do it with their scripture, but It's been shown to be effective in other circles as well, especially when citing scholarly articles.

Generally, I think It's fun to learn new things. I wish people would teach me more. I know people here know stuff -they just need to share it.

Last edited by a moderator:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Let me guess, you were never a fan of Seinfeld when that show came out. A lot of people weren't.

Mine is a kind of dark sarcasm, I'll admit. Not exactly 'humor' per se, but in that general category.

Nah, I liked Seinfeld. But more to the point, I liked Blackadder.

I just fell into the Poe's Law trap.

*Tips hat*

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

Good point.
is that what Trump is doing with the USA.?
or is that giving him too much credit?

he specilises in unsupported opinion.

Last edited: