1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need a moment

Discussion in 'The Social World' started by AT-AT, Jul 20, 2019.

1. AT-AT

AT-AT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,931
    Religion:
    I finally figured out what direction I should go, when I studied the revelations of the Baha'i faith
    I haven't been doing the greatest in terms of being here since I made that "I'm leaving" thread then stuck around. Some things happened which was like rubbing a pound of salt in my wound. Respectfully, I may need another forum to focus on a bit as I get over it... maybe one a little bit less focused on "Christian Fundamentalism vs. atheism" also.

I'll still come around here to make my jokes sometimes. But I'm not sure I can really contribute anything much anyway until I recover. :coldsweat:

So I'd like to go to another forum and see how it goes, not instead of here, but because I need the social interaction while RF'ers kind of work out the current political/religious debates.

I think it would be good for me to ask for recommendations on some other forums to go to, that are not toxic, that may cover subjects such as:

LGBTQ+ issues

The New Age and enlightenment

Non-"Christian Fundamentalist" faiths

Progressive Ideas

#1 AT-AT, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +13,840
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Unfortunately sexual issues tend to bring out the fundie in many a believer. RF is one of the least toxic forums that I know of. It also has quite a few older posters. Many of them have been mellowed by age, but they also tend to have grown up in a more homophobic society, so that may simply break even.

I wish you well in your search. I have no suggestions of my own.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +13,840
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Unfortunately sexual issues tend to bring out the fundie in many a believer. RF is one of the least toxic forums that I know of. It also has quite a few older posters. Many of them have been mellowed by age, but they also tend to have grown up in a more homophobic society, so that may simply break even.

I wish you well in your search. I have no suggestions of my own.

4. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli What's your stoyle?

Ratings:
    +1,323
    Religion:
    Catholic
    I haven't seen another forum as interesting as this one. All the others are much more harsh IMO.

I do wish I knew what it was that was said to you though, that bothered you.

5. stvdv

stvdv Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,408
    Religion:
    Sanathana Dharma [The Eternal Religion]
    I did read on RF that it's possible to start a thread in "Discussion" instead of "Debates" forums. There people really have to behave well (strict rules). And you can even exclude the one's you like to exclude or include the ones you like; if I remember correctly. I just saw that it's even possible to start "Debate one-on-one". I never knew that. I also did hear that other forums might be much more violent than RF, but I don't know. I only was on RF.

I wish you a good recovery and that you find the place where you feel senang

They have "New Age DIR" on RF I have seen. There the rules are more strict. No debating, just sharing if I understand correctly.

Maybe you could try to post in this one. You can totally decide who to invite and who not.
    Invitation Only Debates Discussion
    Maybe here you could start the threads you are interested in, in such a way that it is not toxic for you. But I have no experience here. I Just read about these. Just some thoughts I had after reading your post.

Now I just see you are among "Top poster" today. That looks promising. Best wishes.